A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community
Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank
|Rules (28 Jan 2010)
DieHard Wolfers Forum Rules
By Registering as a Member with These Forums, You Accept the terms and conditions of these forums and any changes made to these Rules, Terms of Service, or Acceptable Use Policy, at any time.
Should you feel that you can not Accept these Rules/Conditions - You have the only option of discontinued use of this Forum as a remedy.
Implicit Forum Wide Rules
- 1 User = 1 Account Only!
Users must enter a valid e-mail address to remain verified and registered with the forums. Those with false e-mails, and/or dual accounts will be deleted when found!
- Watch your Message Content!
Users should remember this board is aimed at a general audience.
- Offensive images
- Links to offensive, illegal material/images, or malicious sites
- Generally offensive text
- Illegal activities
etc. will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
Users should be careful if they choose to discuss non Wolfenstein related matters on potentially sensitive topics (eg: religion, politics) and respect the fact that other users may have differing views/beliefs. Any such posting that is deemed likely to lead to heated debate may be removed, and if it is decided a person is posting such material in a deliberate attempt to create conflict in the forums they shall be subject to suspension!
Discussing the perpetrating of illegal activities, including but not limited to, drug use, rape, suicide, murder, theft, pirating, or any illegal activites at a personal level or in the first person is strictly prohibited.
Discussing said activities in a general sense, must be done in good taste and in a way, that is not considered offensive. Again, remember that this is a Wolfenstein Fan Forum. While we do have a "Howling Wolfers" section for non-Wolfenstein related posts, it doesn't mean that you can freely post anything.
The reasoning for this is two fold.
- We the forums Owner, Admin, Moderators, and host, do not want to be involved in or drawn into any situation, where by no action of our own, are asked to provide/give evidence or testimony, because of the actions of users posting to this forum.
- The posting of any such materials that may, in any way, change our rating of general audience. We don't want people discouraged from joining, reading, or participating in our forums because of posts.
!! WE WILL NOT BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS !! and by your acceptance of the rules of these forums, you hereby absolve the host, owner, admin, and moderators of the DHW Forums of any accountability.
With the above being said, it is also required that:
- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. This means RESPECT your fellow community members and try and be polite. Flaming, Taunting, or Abusing users in any way will NOT be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
- Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting and to Try to stay on topic within each Thread. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum and/or straying too far off topic, may be given a warning (see policing below).
- Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is, users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly, users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. "L33t" speak is also in poor taste. Please refrain from using foul language where possible. Users consistently abusing this will be warned.
- Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. No Pirating of Software. Please do not post links to software that would be in violation of any copyright. Users linking to or asking for information on warez, crackz, etc. or re-printing material without permission will receive a warning and their post will be removed.
- Members should respect the bandwidth of other users and sites. The use of inline ([img][/img]) image tags pointing to data stored on third party systems for which the user has not received permission to link to may be removed.
- Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance.
This includes offering hosting services (charged and free), installation services, etc. Users posting spam will be warned and their post removed. See specific item on spam and 3rd party linking (below) for more information.
- Members should use an appropriate, descriptive title when posting a new topic. Examples of bad titles include; "Help me!", "I'm stuck!", etc. Examples of good titles include; "Help with adding new sprites", "I'm stuck on Spear Level 4", etc.
- Moderators Moderate - Not Users!
Members are asked to not act as "back seat moderators". Please leave the moderating to the moderators of these forums. Members who consistenly "act" as moderators may be warned.
- Moderators can Edit & Delete Posts/PM's/Images/Links/Avatars/Signatures!
The moderators reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Moderators and NOT the users.
Everyone - Including the Moderation Team are subject to these rules.
- Signatures may contain up to three lines of text (of small or normal size) and no more than 120 characters in length.
- Text sizes should be between 9 and 12 (small and normal). Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, etc.
- Links are permitted in signatures. Such links may be made to non-DHW material, commercial ventures, etc. Links are included within the text and image limits above. Links to offensive sites may be subject to removal.
- Users are permitted to utilise a gallery avatar or to link to one of their own (subject to previous points on misuse of bandwidth).
- User defined avatars are to be no larger than 90 pixels square, should contain no animation, contain no image which attempts to portray the user as having an official status here (e.g. mimiking ranks or copying avatars of admins/mods).
- Avatars should not exceed 6KB in filesize and should have a consistently high availability (i.e. links to images on slow servers or those prone to failure may be removed).
- Avatars are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect, decency, etc.
- DHW operates a three strike policy. Two warnings & a third, in any 3 month period, will lead to a temporary ban of between 1 & 30 days! Continued behaviour upon return from a ban, will lead to a longer ban of between 30 & 90 days. If the behaviours exist and continue after that, a ban will be made permanent.
- Arguing with Moderators after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning. Should this warning exceed the three strikes policy, or an Admin sees fit, a temporary ban will be put in place as above.
- Any attempt to circumvent (bypass) a temporary ban will lead to that ban being made permanent. Circumvention includes re-registering under a non-banned username, changing IP addresses to evade an IP ban, registering a new email account of evade an email ban. Circumvention includes posting as an anonymous user.
- An exception to the three strike rule applies when users contact Moderators personally (via any method) and post insulting, indecent or vulgar material. Such users WILL be subject to an immediate permanent ban.
- Permanent bans are a last resort and thought is given before implementing them. While DHW may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurence.
Note: Users who feel they have been unfairly warned are welcome to contact the relevant Moderator, e.g. if warned by a moderator you should contact the same Moderator. They will discuss the moderation with the other moderators. If they feel you were treated badly, they may remove a warning.
Their (the moderation groups) decision is final.
Moderators will be moderated by the Forum Admin. We grant the permission to moderate to the moderators. But, We reserve the right to revoke those permissions. And with that being said, we will choose those we want or feel have the right disposition to moderate for us on these forums.
Please do not ask for any position. We will ask you.
- Users should use the card system (the little blue boxes in the lower lefthand location) to report any problems or issues that you have with a post. When you click this button, we request that you fill in the post area with the reason that you are reporting this post. This system not only posts to our moderators forum area, but also will trigger a PM to the moderators, so you only need to report a problem once.
- If you have a problem with a user and it's because of PM's, please PM to a moderator including a copy of the PM that you are reporting.
The basic principal of these forums is for people to have a nice place to visit. Here they can talk about things related to wolfenstein, in the appropriate forums. The whole thing boils down to everyone trying to get along with one another and to share information and ideas.
Hopefully, by following the rules, we can build a strong, coheasive community of people enjoying a common love of the Wolfenstein 3d game and those other games that it spawned.
If you have any questions on these rules, please respond in the approriate section of the board...
Enjoy the Forums..
BrotherTank, MCS, & Areyep
Forum Admins & Overall Moderators
These Rules are subject to Change
as warranted by the Admins/Moderator(s) of these forums.
Original Rules: 07-27-2003
Revision 1: 01-25-2010
Copyright ©2003-2008 DieHard Wolfers
A Modified subBunker Theme by BrotherTank
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group