DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Legend of Zelda: Breath of Wild
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Howling Wolfers View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
WLHack
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 65
finland.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:25 pm
   Subject: Legend of Zelda: Breath of Wild
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I am not sure whether this belongs to here, but I decided to start a thread for this game as for the past few days it has had my complete attention...
Despite the Switches limitations, I think it is really impressive game that has so high attention to detail that it is hard to find another game like this that has so much to do...

If you are fan of Zelda games there is some things that might seem to be a bit out of place like the breaking weapons and the scarce amount of rupees in the wild but overall the mechanics and the story makes up for it...

So have you played the game and if you have, what do you think about it?

ronwolf1705
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 69

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:41 pm
   Subject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Breath of Wild
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Haven't played it, simply because I don't know if I'll ever get myself a Nintendo Switch. Nevertheless, I hear so many good things about this game that I'm tempted. Loved The Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess was pretty awesome too!
Barry
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 64

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:02 pm

I haven't played it and I don't think a Nintendo Switch is in my future, but I have heard great things about it.

Ocarina of Time is widely considered one of the greatest games ever made. Since Ocarina, it seems as if the Zelda franchise has been trying to re-capture that "magic" but has always fallen short. That's not to say subsequent titles were bad as there were some really good ones, but none of them were Ocarina. I've heard Breath of the Wild takes things in a new direction and while it's different, it is much more impactful than the past several games in the series.

DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 71
usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:27 pm
   Subject: Legend of Zelda: Breath of Wild

I was a Zelda fan. I've beaten "The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past" for The SNES & "The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds" for The New Nintendo 3DS XL. I don't have a Nintendo Switch.
Atina
Can I Play Daddy
Can I Play Daddy

Topics: 2

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:34 pm

I'm quite a Zelda fan ^^ beaten most of the parts (planning on finishing all of course). Except games i also have Zelda stuff like books or jewelry and so on ><

Game so far is adorable. Playing Wii U version. Not sure what to write about to not spoil game too much... It's for sure really enjoyable, great gameplay and beautiful views. There are quite some differences between BotW and older Zelga games but not so big ones if you think about it for a moment.

One of the new things is lack of actual dungeons. It's more like small pieces of dungeon are hidden all over the world. Bit similar to Majoras Mask where you had just 4 dungeons and game was rather focused on making Your way to them than dungeons themselves.
Usual routine of go to dungeon, find new weapon, use new weapon to solve puzzles, use new weapon to beat boss, has also been changed. Now the game rather throws some powers/items at you while you think of some creative use for them that helps you to overcome the next mountain. Core gameplay of BotW is probably closest to first Zelda game, where you just start game, no one really tells you what to do and if you don't look around for weapon you are screwed ><

Biggest change i think is that weapons can break although there were was also a few breakable in the old parts. Here you can't really get attached to new toys. It's unusual for the series but works kinda well. You don't run out of weapons and just demands minimum planning + exploring from the player. I just keep basic set like torch (for fire), leaf (for sailing on trees), something metal to spark fire, a wooden weapon (in case of thunderstorm ><).

I really love the freedom in this game. You can go and climb anything you wanna. Just need to plan your way with stamina level but except that any mountain, tree, building are made to climb on. Game is full of small, sometimes silly, little details that makes it such fun to mess around with random idea.

It feels like a real adventure where you have lots of creative freedom and a big natural world to travel through.
If you like to go for calm walks or adventurous walks in the real nature then you will enjoy this game. It captures nature and the adventures in it perfectly. For me at least it brings back the joy of a special gaming moment as Ocarina of Time did.
ronwolf1705
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 69

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:24 pm

Atina wrote:
For me at least it brings back the joy of a special gaming moment as Ocarina of Time did.

That is quite special indeed. And unfortunately, such moments are very rare. Almost makes me consider buying Nintendo Switch just so I can play it! Smile
Barry
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 64

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:56 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

ronwolf1705 wrote:
Atina wrote:
For me at least it brings back the joy of a special gaming moment as Ocarina of Time did.

That is quite special indeed. And unfortunately, such moments are very rare. Almost makes me consider buying Nintendo Switch just so I can play it! Smile

There are very few gaming moments I would consider "special" like when playing Ocarina of Time for the first time. I had never experienced anything that epic before in a video game. There were previous Zelda games that used a similar formula, but this was in 3D and you really felt like a part of that world. Unfortunately, very few modern games I've played have even come close. Skyrim was probably the last one for me. When I first heard a new Zelda was coming out, I was like "big whoop," it's going to be yet another attempt to re-create the magic of Ocarina of Time and it's not going to be that good. However, these reviews all signal that it is one of those "special" type games that pushes boundaries and really does have that magic that is quite rare these days. I wasn't going to consider a Nintendo Switch but now I am actually thinking about it.

DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Howling Wolfers View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: