DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Is Satan in Spear of Destiny?
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Spear of Destiny View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
Joshua
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 156

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:23 pm
   Subject: Is Satan in Spear of Destiny?
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Chris wanted me to post this message.

I think that Satan is the Angel of Death/Devil Incarnate in Spear of Destiny. What do you people think?

Since the game is about the spear that struck the side of Jesus on the cross, I think that the Angel of Death could be Satan. It seems like Satan was deceiving Hitler throughout the series. Satan wanted to still kill BJ those three times in the Spear of Destiny games. Satan was using Hitler with the spear.

If Hitler had defeated BJ at the end of episode three of Wolfenstein 3D and the Nazis had won World War II, Satan would still get Hitler's soul. Hitler would have either died of old age or thanks to Nazi scientists, found a way to live forever. Even if Hitler found a way to live forever, he would still be in his own Hell and still under control of Satan. If Hitler lived forever, he would have become similar to the ringwraiths who were enslaved by Sauron in Lord of the Rings.

If Hitler had reforged the spear and kept it for a long time or if BJ was defeated during spear of destiny, Hitler would have felt young probably with the spear, but if he lost the spear, he would have died by turning into dust or a corpse.

What do you people think about these theories?
stathmk
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 73
usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:12 pm
   Subject: Re: Is Satan in Spear of Destiny?
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Joshua wrote:
Chris wanted me to post this message.
If Hitler had reforged the spear and kept it for a long time or if BJ was defeated during spear of destiny, Hitler would have felt young probably with the spear, but if he lost the spear, he would have died by turning into dust or a corpse.

What do you people think about these theories?
I know some people with OCD. I overheard a Youtube documentary about OCD while checking email. They said that phobias of the devil might be a sign of OCD or anxiety.

If he were to turn into dust or a corpse, then it sounds like the grail drinking scene from Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade where the man turns into dust.

It sounds like Chris wants you to post something for the shock value. You overanalyze fictional characters like William Joseph Blazkowics.
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 160
usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:37 pm

Joshua wrote:
I think that Satan is the Angel of Death/Devil Incarnate in Spear of Destiny. What do you people think?
The game seems to be viewed through BJ's perspective. So I'd have to say if the Spear distorted BJ's perception of reality in any way, it would be reflected by what you see in the game. I believe it's also safe to say that the Spear seems to be tainted with some sort of natural hallucinogens, and that explains the strange stories associated with the Spear.

More than likely, what happened in the final Spear level isn't what happened in reality, but it was how BJ perceived it. It makes it all the better that BJ didn't tell anyone what he thinks had happened during the Angel Of Death event.
Thomas
Mapping Master
Mapping Master

Topics: 186

denmark.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:55 pm

It's just a cool old game. Don't overthink stuff like this.
Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 55
blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:59 pm

Tricob wrote:
The game seems to be viewed through BJ's perspective. So I'd have to say if the Spear distorted BJ's perception of reality in any way, it would be reflected by what you see in the game. I believe it's also safe to say that the Spear seems to be tainted with some sort of natural hallucinogens, and that explains the strange stories associated with the Spear.

More than likely, what happened in the final Spear level isn't what happened in reality, but it was how BJ perceived it. It makes it all the better that BJ didn't tell anyone what he thinks had happened during the Angel Of Death event.

Very interesting. The end shows BJ fainting as he grabs the Spear, maybe even only his soul or mind was teleported to hell? Very Happy
Poet
Code Master - Developer
Code Master - Developer

Topics: 37
norway.gif

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:41 am

Thomas wrote:
It's just a cool old game. Don't overthink stuff like this.

Exactly. Alegorical interpretations of games should definately not be carried too far or in any profound details. Over interpreting anything will often be colored by the player's views or misconceptions (like suggesting that BJ is filled with the Holy Ghost, a Biblical reference, when in invulnerability mode which is nothing but obnoxious) and to fit into certain ideological frames.

Allegorically I think one may regard The Angel of Death/The Devil Incarnate as a symbol of Satan, like the evil force Hitler and the Nazis willingly were possessed with. Although 'Angel of Death' is in that respect a not appropriate name. Biblically the term Angel of Death does indeed not refer to Satan. One may regard the final level as allegorical, or better yet, the whole game, since it is completely unrealistic. BJ is a hero like heros from fables, tales and folklore. Such tales were often allegorical depictions of the struggle between good and evil and never meant to be taken literally. Wolf/Spear can be regarded as such a tale where the images of Hitler with armor and four chainguns (old Adolf would probably have died from the weight if he had put on anything like that) and the other Nazis replace trolls and dragons as symbols of evil.

I have my own Devil Incarnate in my A Doll's House series of games. Yeah, promoting my own games again! Very Happy Very Happy
http://www.poetsoftware.no/grafikk/devil-incarnate-200.png
He has put the hero's girlfriend in a trance and she is dangerous to get close to while in the trance. The hero must kill the Devil Incarnate to save her. In this respect he is like a fairy tale hero since the story can not be taken literally. He is not Jesus who must save her soul from damnation. (Just to mention it I am myself an independent Christian and I never go to church or anything like that. The cross/death chalice feature in my games has a Biblical reference. I am pro Christianity and against religious 'authorities', churches and religions, organized, half organized, unorganized or whatever.)
When I put the girl to be saved in my games one of the main reasons is that I like to add a romantic and sensual aspect to the game. Smile Like in one of my all time favorite games Bermuda Syndrome, for those who know that game.
Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 55
blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:29 pm

Poet wrote:
I have my own Devil Incarnate in my A Doll's House series of games. Yeah, promoting my own games again! Very Happy Very Happy
http://www.poetsoftware.no/grafikk/devil-incarnate-200.png
He has put the hero's girlfriend in a trance and she is dangerous to get close to while in the trance. The hero must kill the Devil Incarnate to save her. In this respect he is like a fairy tale hero since the story can not be taken literally. He is not Jesus who must save her soul from damnation. (Just to mention it I am myself an independent Christian and I never go to church or anything like that. The cross/death chalice feature in my games has a Biblical reference. I am pro Christianity and against religious 'authorities', churches and religions, organized, half organized, unorganized or whatever.)
When I put the girl to be saved in my games one of the main reasons is that I like to add a romantic and sensual aspect to the game. Smile Like in one of my all time favorite games Bermuda Syndrome, for those who know that game.

Will this ever be re-released for computer (DOS/SDL)? I don't have an Android device and don't want one.
gerolf
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 162
usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:40 pm

To me the SOD mission packs are not canon.

Spear of Destiny ends with BJ grabbing the spear and he is sent to another realm. He must face the Angel of Death. The Angel of Death is not a villian. He says, "Prove your worth, human" because he wants to be sure the welder of the spear is worthy enough, which is why once he is defeated he says, "You may weld the spear". Then BJ is sent back to his world as the castle burns down.

The spear was locked in a tomb. I believe the Nazis never physically touched the Spear, and if so they used tools and not their hands.

Topics: 37
norway.gif

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:55 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Chris wrote:
Will this ever be re-released for computer (DOS/SDL)? I don't have an Android device and don't want one.

I have the whole set ready for PC Windows SDL release. But due to some problems with my web site I have had to wait. Hopefully I will have everything fixed soon. Thanks for your interest.
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Spear of Destiny View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: