DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

The Hidden Story of Wolfenstein
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Tale Tellers View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
Sigma64
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

Topics: 9
blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:58 am
   Subject: The Hidden Story of Wolfenstein
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

At Castle Hollehammer, whilst attempting to steal the plans for Operation: Eisenfaust, you were captured, and brought to castle Wolfenstein, to be interrogated and eventually executed. There, you offered a guard allied information in exchange for medical attention, and as he greedily stepped forwards, you took his knife, finished him off, and escaped castle Wolfenstein
This is the gist of the story of Wolfenstein that is the most concrete, that we have all heard in some form. However, by over-analyzing the art and dialogue from Wolfenstein, here is a pieced together story of Wolfenstein 3D, Spear of Destiny, and the Mission packs.

Castle Wolfenstein is an ancient German castle, which is now used as a prison/interrogation centre for the Nazis. It is inhabited by hundreds of soldiers, and has the room for countless prisoners. So where are the prisoners? There are certainly a lot of skeletons and puddles of blood, and even some food left in cells. Presumably, there were some non-skeletal prisoners in there at one point. Where are they?
The answer seems to be that they were taken for Schabbs' Operation Eisenfaust, which you were supposed to stop. The evidence to back this up? The mutants have purple blood. This is evidenced in their death animation. What is covering Schabbs' lab-wear? Red stains. Red stains do not come from mutants. The mutants are also wearing green, which is not customary for German soldiers. It is, however, with allied troops. So, therefore, Schabbs, who "you are just a plaything to" according to the manual, citing this as the reason that he laughs upon seeing you, who would have no objection to using prisoners as the base for his army of super-soldiers. Need any more convincing? The mutants have black hair. What German in Wolfenstein 3D has black hair? It's hardly aryan. Also, hidden in operation eisenfaust, there are some dead guards. Because of the lack of dead guards anywhere else, this implies that the mutants killed them, possibly with some memory of what had happened to them, or maybe they aren't fully controlled. When BJ gets "syringed" by Schabbs and dies, he keeps his hair colour. Therefore, the mutants initially had black hair, and like it or not, they are not German. You would think that this leaves little room for the Ubermutant, but surprisingly, it does.

The series is filled with Übersoldats. There are the Grosses, Major Hans "The Axe", the Ubermutant, and, of course, the death knight. These Ubersoldats suspiciously match Hitler's plan of the "Master Race", but there is one other wrench to throw into the mix. Major Hans, who is similar to the Grosses, has purple blood. Purple, mutant-like blood. Major Hans, who's face is never shown, seems to be a part of operation Eisenfaust, the true last-hurrah of Schabbs, who was killed previously (with SOD being a kind of episode 2.5 ) in episode 2. However, because of "The Axe's" proximity to Quarkblitz, we can assume that he had something to do with Operation Eisenfaust, because he created an army of bats with guns, along with a giant killer robot, which is very Schabbs-like in nature. Assuming that Operation Eisenfaust was heralded by multiple scientists, Quarkblitz seems like our best bet, which is encouraged by the fact that in mission pack 1, he is hidden behind a push wall, indicating that he was too important to be on the front lines.
The death knight is a pretty dangerous fellow. You would not want to cross him. However, he is the guardian of the spear, and upon seeing you, he bellows "Tods ist me in leben!", which means "death is my life". It seems as though the Death Knight is a true improvement upon the Ubersoldats that were the Grosses and the Ubermutant; this fellow is like 12 Panzer 4s! Upon the assumption that the Grosses are "purely bred aryans at their finest", and the Ubermutant is "mad science at it's finest", we can assume that the death knight is somewhere in-between. Coincidentally, the robot from the mission-packs is just as strong, and has been made "using chemicals, so that is can rationalize". If that doesn't sound like someone's been mixing sentient life-forms and electronics, then frankly, what could? Presumably, we've got a "mutants meet the Cybermen" occurrence on our hands, and that just sounds terrible, if a bit awesome. Note too that Quarkblitz says "Not again!" upon death, which rather than being a "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" quote implies that he has died before. Also: you kill him, like every other boss AGAIN in mission pack 2. Clearly, some Eisenfaust is involved.

The roles of the bosses in the nocturnal missions are fairly clear. Giftmacher is a mad-scientist who is making a poison to kill all. General Fettgesicht will send this poison out to the world if you don't stop him. As with other mad-scientists in this series, giftmacher is arrogant, but deadly. He has few obvious connections to other characters. The same can be said for Fettgesicht. He is a prominent Nazi general, but there is little that he does in the series: He simply wants death upon the enemies of Germany.

Barnacle Wilhelm, of course, has little relevance. He is a prison guard, and a nasty one at that, but he is not wrapped-up in any sinister plots. Submarine wildly, however, has some significance. He is simply insane and uncontrollable, and allegedly shoots anyone he sees. If this is the behaviour of a soldier of the master race...Well...Anyways, he has gone crazy, and been lobotomized in the process, which probably didn't help. But what if he was an experimental Ubersoldat, a forerunner to the Grosses? His general liking of death mirrors that of the Death Knight/Every Grosse. Maybe this is all a coincidence, but he was in the same building as a mad scientist for an extended period of time.

This concludes my theorizarion on the plot-line of Wolfenstein. If I missed anything, let me know! Please remember that these are my assumptions, and you are of-course free to think as you wish. Thank you for reading, and I hope you will now look at Wolfenstein another way.

Thanks;
-The Ever Psyched Sigma64
[/i]

Last edited by Sigma64 on Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 160
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:55 am
   Subject: Re: The Hidden Story of Wolfenstein
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Moved to the Tale Tellers section.
Sigma64
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:01 pm

Sorry about that; wasn't really sure where to put this!

<B>Moderator</B>

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:48 pm

No problem; I'm sure I've made similar mistakes myself. Smile
Sigma64
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:31 am

Thanks for the encouragement. What do you think of my analysis? Rubbish, or not?

DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 55
blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:10 am

Very interesting, especially about the Mutants being missing prisoners under control of the nazis. I didn't know Submarine Willie was lobotomized. Now I understand how Otto and Fatface fit into things more clearly. Any thoughts about the Gretel sister? Laughing
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:27 am

I can't pass judgement on the areas involving the Lost Episodes; I never really followed its characters or storyline all that closely.

As for the Death Knight, he came across to me as an evil, sadistic version of the Six Million Dollar Man. But that's the sort of perception you should expect from someone who's a fan of late 1960s, 1970s TV. Smile
Sigma64
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:12 am
   Subject: Re: Hidden Story

Chris wrote:
Very interesting, especially about the Mutants being missing prisoners under control of the nazis. I didn't know Submarine Willie was lobotomized. Now I understand how Otto and Fatface fit into things more clearly. Any thoughts about the Gretel sister? Laughing

Thanks! As far as I knew, no-one had pointed out that Schabbs had red blood on his lab coat, so it had to be mentioned! As for submarine Willy; I read (In the manual) that he was a crazy, insane soldier, to they tried to "fix" things, which made him even more crazy than before, shooting everything that moved! If a new engine was made for the Lost Episodes, it should've had DOOM-Style infighting, just for this one entity. Otto and Fatface have always kind of been just copy+rescale versions of each other, so it's nice to know I helped them fit into things more clearly. However, Gretel is the sister of some "well trained pure aryans", but is also female in WWII, so we can assume that Hitler got a bit desperate, and decided "Why not? I'm making an army of mutants, why not have some female soldiers?"
Sigma64
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:17 am
   Subject: Re: Hiden Story of Wolfenstein 'n' Stuff

Tricob wrote:
I can't pass judgement on the areas involving the Lost Episodes; I never really followed its characters or storyline all that closely.

As for the Death Knight, he came across to me as an evil, sadistic version of the Six Million Dollar Man. But that's the sort of perception you should expect from someone who's a fan of late 1960s, 1970s TV. Smile

I didn't ever pay much attention to the Mission Packs, but I did read as many manuals and hintbooks as I could find.

The death knight was a man like any other....
Gentlemen, we can rebuild him.
Make him better than he was before.
Better.
Stronger.
Farily slower became he'll be weighed down by hundreds of pounds of armour.
(Spring-like jumping sound)
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:44 am

I suspect that the Death Knight was one of Trans Grosse's idols. Trans seemed to follow many of the Knight's traits, but it was more a segmented imitation than specifics in German training. The Death Knight's qualities you see replicated are pretty much the ones a youngster would be quick to notice (and imitate). But I can't imagine what Death Knight must've gone through to be who he was when he met BJ.

As for Hans, I can't help but wonder about his state of mind. Did his mind snap when Gretel was killed, and he now believes that both he *and* his mother are alive? We see no actual evidence that Hans's mother was alive when BJ confronted him, and the absence of any other Nazis in the area when you meet Hans ... It seriously makes me wonder. Bat
Sigma64
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:59 am

Tricob wrote:
I suspect that the Death Knight was one of Trans Grosse's idols. Trans seemed to follow many of the Knight's traits, but it was more a segmented imitation than specifics in German training. The Death Knight's qualities you see replicated are pretty much the ones a youngster would be quick to notice (and imitate). But I can't imagine what Death Knight must've gone through to be who he was when he met BJ.

As for Hans, I can't help but wonder about his state of mind. Did his mind snap when Gretel was killed, and he now believes that both he *and* his mother are alive? We see no actual evidence that Hans's mother was alive when BJ confronted him, and the absence of any other Nazis in the area when you meet Hans ... It seriously makes me wonder. Bat

Hans is kind of Norman Bates-ish, I guess... Then again, some of the guards say the same thing... This is a weird corner of Wolfenstein. Also, Gretel might say "my repentance" or "mein bussen", which has a rather different meaning.
gerolf
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 162
usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:05 am

I always imagined episodes 4-6 take place before SOD, then episodes 1-3 take place after SOD. The mission packs are not part of the same story, and are just spinoffs.

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:52 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I'm not endorsing the mission packs, but this large theory includes them. I haven't made any assumptions that are dependant on the mission packs though, so you can just ignore the parts that don't apply.

DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Tale Tellers View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: