DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Wolfenstein 3D Dreams
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Wolfenstein 3d View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
stathmk
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 73
usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:14 pm
   Subject: Wolfenstein 3D Dreams
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Wolfenstein 3D Dreams

In 1992/1993, I think that I had 2 or 3 dreams that I was playing Wolfenstein 3D.

Yesterday, I had an oddball dream including Wolfenstein 3D. I dreamt that I was at a video game convention. Since computers & chips are getting smaller & smaller, I think I dreamt that I was buying from there an SD card with Wolfenstein 3D mods to go into a 2 cm wide Super NES that I dreamt up. I think that I also dreamt that I was buying an SD card with 2,800 games. Maybe my subconscious confuses 2800 with The Atari 2600. I saw an SD card with Aladdin on it. I also dreamt that I was jumping over pits & avoiding flying swords & needles somewhat like Aladdin. So maybe my subconscious confuses some sort of sword scene from The Aladdin movies with the scene from Raiders of The Lost Ark with arrows or needles flying into a man somewhat near the boulder scene.

Do you ever dream that youíre playing video games? Do you have discombobulated dreams anyways?

Iím also reading responses here: http://wolf3d.darkbb.com/t3422-wolfenstein-3d-dreams#28926
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 160
usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:33 pm
   Subject: Re: Wolfenstein 3D Dreams
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I've had more than one dream related to video games. I'm usually in the video arcade in such dreams. Related to Wolf3D, I had one dream where I was screaming as a brown guard was about to shoot me point-blank in the face. This was the night after playing a map sequence I created myself. The map sequence was re-created in E6L8 of this mod.

The other Wol3D-related dream was where I played a not-so-great Wolf3D mod which had a whole bunch of sequences that repeated each other, and usually had two objects in the room maximum. There was this one sequence in the mod that I really, really liked, and I tried to recreate in a map of my own. But this sequence was very scarce on decoration, so it didn't work with my maps at all.
serpens
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 17
poland.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:37 pm

There were many such dreams I'm sure, but I only recall two currently.

The first one wasn't very remarkable expect for one striking place. I remember a wooden wall with a single iron cross, some barrels, a basket, two SA guards and ammo. It's difficult to explain what's so special about this, but the dream was somehow very moving, bringing up feelings of longing and nostalgia. I've tried to reproduce the scene in a level editor a few times, but have consistently failed despite the scene's apparently simple nature. I'm sure it must have been influenced by E2M8.

The other one was very elaborate, but the only thing I really remember about it was bosses: there was a steel bunker level like E2M9, except the first room was much bigger and had two doors. Moving forward at all would unleash two bosses at once: one was a mobile statue very similar to Schabbs, but the other one was a giant prone duck, sort of like Donald without clothes and much, much bigger. In fact it reminds me a bit of the Chica animatronic from Five Nights at Freddy's, except I had the dream like 20 years before that game was released. Later on there was one more boss, a bulky dude in a spacesuit, a gas mask instead of a helmet, and a long tether attached to him. He simply wouldn't die, and as the fight progressed, both him and the player would fly through an unending steel hallway. In general, all these bosses were completely silly and made no sense in terms of gameplay.

Edit: just remembered, the statue actually appeared at another point in the dream, and the boss accompanying the duck was actually a huge walking egg. Kind of like Sheldon from Orson's Farm I guess, except I don't think I've seen that cartoon prior to having this dream. Strange.

DieHard SS
DieHard SS

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:09 pm
   Subject: Re: Orson's farm

serpens wrote:
Edit: just remembered, the statue actually appeared at another point in the dream, and the boss accompanying the duck was actually a huge walking egg. Kind of like Sheldon from Orson's Farm I guess, except I don't think I've seen that cartoon prior to having this dream. Strange.
You mean Orson's farm from U.S. Acres by Jim Davis. I played a Nintendo 3DS game called "The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds." I call Ravio from that game The Japanese Easter Bunny. I imagine Hyrule as being in Japan, but in a parallel universe. Ravio travels with a flying bird in an egg. The egg has holes for his eyes, wings, & legs. I call him the Easter egg chick & he also reminds me of Sheldon from U.S. Acres. It's hard to talk about discombobulated dreams without sounding confusing or off-topic.
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:29 pm

Often times dreams will take the form of something you're familiar with. I think this is because it makes the dream easier for you to remember it, and also makes it easier to de-construct.

In many cases, your dreams will seem segmented rather than 100% complete. The most popular explanation is that the common dream lasts less than thirty minutes total. I don't remember its exact "maximum run time", though. Smile
Cyanosis
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 34
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:53 am

I had one Wolf dream I can recall that was really strange. It was a mod that showcased two levels, one with a red ceiling color and the other with a blue ceiling color, the ceiling colors were extremely bright and the decor objects in the levels had red/blue light shading on them, implying the ceiling was a light source and that there was multiple copies of existing objects tailored for different ceiling colors. To make matters much stranger however it was told that playing the mod was 'extremely dangerous' because it had some kind of a virus in it and that 'someone had died' from playing it. There were no enemies and no pickups in the levels either and nobody knew who created it. Spooky!
serpens
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 17
poland.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:17 am

Cyanosis wrote:
I had one Wolf dream I can recall that was really strange. It was a mod that showcased two levels, one with a red ceiling color and the other with a blue ceiling color, the ceiling colors were extremely bright and the decor objects in the levels had red/blue light shading on them, implying the ceiling was a light source and that there was multiple copies of existing objects tailored for different ceiling colors. To make matters much stranger however it was told that playing the mod was 'extremely dangerous' because it had some kind of a virus in it and that 'someone had died' from playing it. There were no enemies and no pickups in the levels either and nobody knew who created it. Spooky!

Wow, Wolfenstein creepypasta right here. Someone should actually create a mod like this just for fun.

<B>Moderator</B>

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:53 am

Cyanosis wrote:
Sounds like something inspired by King Tut's tomb. Smile You might check up on the psychology related to different colors and how human beings react to them. It could tell you more about the dream in general.
Military
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

Topics: 20

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:05 am

I had recurring dreams about two nonexistent boss levels. The first one consisted entirely of a broad red brick hallway that made four left turns in an inward spiral fashion, and there was Trans Grosse at the end. There was also some shorcut from the near-end to the beginning of the spiral. The other boss level had General Fettgesicht or maybe Otto or Hitler or something in between, and it was jsut a big cavernous area made out of dirty brick. These two levels appeared repeatedly in my dreams. I also had some weird crossover dreams, like the one where I was on a school trip through some wolfenstein level, and one of the kids opened a pushwall to enter a blue wall room blocked by columns and access some non-specific adult content.
stathmk
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:38 pm
   Subject: Some of my dreams are about other video games.

Some of my dreams are about other video games.

In the original Duke Nukem 3D, there are pipe bombs. I once saw on Youtube that in Duke Nukem Forever that you get to shrink down and drive a remote controlled car. If Duke Nukem is little & has pipe bombs, then maybe thatís why on Wednesday I dreamt that I was playing a Duke Nukem game, shrunk him down, he went down a water spout, & a pipe bomb exploded part of it.

This morning, I dreamt that I was playing a 2-in-1 console with cartridge slots for The NES & Super NES.
stathmk
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:10 pm
   Subject: Wolfenstein 3D Dreams
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I had a weird dream overnight. I dreamt that I was playing Super Nintendo Wolfenstein 3D in my attic. But in reality, I donít even have a computer or TV in my attic! So anyways, I dreamt that people joined me in playing The Super Nintendo Wolfenstein 3D with their Justifier light guns. The Justifier light guns were just for Lethal Enforcers and they are somewhat like the Duck Hunt gun.
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Wolfenstein 3d View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: