DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Adam Ruins The Internet
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Howling Wolfers View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
stathmk
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 71
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:45 pm
   Subject: Adam Ruins The Internet
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Bottom of Posts

Adam Ruins Everything is an American TV show on TruTV. It’s at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5034326/ and http://www.trutv.com/shows/adam-ruins-everything/index.html . I don’t believe everything that he says. One of the reasons why I particularly disagree with Adam Conover being against the American death penalty is because I want to say to him, “So, you’d rather be innocent and get the life sentence?” I also disagree with him saying that the American death penalty causes crime to go up. But that’s one episode. I’ve taken 2 Forensics courses and 2 Criminology courses. I should eventually do a thread for The American death penalty and cite sources.

…OK, back on topic. The July 31st episode was, “Adam Ruins The Internet” and I think it was a rerun that I watched for the first time. The first third of the show was about misconceptions about the internet.

The second third of the show was about how America’s internet has legal problems, an oligarchy (He called it a monopoly) by regions, is one-eighth as fast as South Korea’s internet, and costs 10 times as much as South Korea’s internet. Oligarchies and monopolies are less incentive for innovation.

The last third of the show was about Facebook and Google. Facebook and Google can get too far into your personal life, but I don’t quite post on Facebook on a daily basis. Facebook can almost tell if you’re a lesbian before you come out of the closet to your friends. Free webs sites track you.

I have a few questions. Are you also in America? Do you watch Adam Ruins Everything? What’s your impression of Adam Ruins Everything? Have you watched the episode about the internet and do you think that it’s almost accurate for America for the second third of the episode?
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Howling Wolfers View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: