DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

[artpack] Spriter's Journey - DoomJedi all-in-1
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Artists Archive View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
doomjedi
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 104
israel.gif

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:13 am
   Subject: [artpack] Spriter's Journey - DoomJedi all-in-1
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Spriting for so many years, recently I've got a sudden desire to make a total artpack of all my art over the years. From Game Maker projects to Doom and Wolf3D ones.
All in one (obviously hard not to miss on something in such case, but tried to do my best).

So I've made this artpack - all of my released or scrapped art/variants, from released or scrapped projects.
Obviously - not included - are the many art from in-work/planned projects/mods (including "Blade of Agony") and Sonder art (sorry).

http://www.mediafire.com/file/69myk2q858je5xw/Doomjedi_artpack_Spriters_journey.rar

The pack is about 170 MB zipped, 450-550 unzipped.

If you love to browse through alot (ALOT) of folders looking for needed art or art gems - this is for you Smile

Free for credited modding use.

P. S. It's organized far from perfect, but it's really ALOT of files, I did make quite an effort as is.

P. S. Obviously the pack will get updated with more released projects.

Last edited by doomjedi on Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Military
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

Topics: 20

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:04 am
   Subject: Re: [artpack] Spriter's Journey - DoomJedi all-in-1
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Sounds great! I think the only wolf3d mods with your art (not sure about Doom mods) I've played so far were Green Arrow and Eisenfaust Origins, but those already featured a fair amount of interesting stuff. Can't wait to see what I'll find in the pack...
doomjedi
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

israel.gif

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:31 am

Oh, have your fun Smile

For full list of mods:
http://www.moddb.com/members/doomjedi/mods
Atina
Don't Hurt Me
Don't Hurt Me

Topics: 3

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:40 am

If you are an artist pay at least a little respect to other people's artwork.

Quote:
So I've made this artpack - all of my released or scrapped art/variants, from released or scrapped projects

I saw good stuff and bad stuff while skimming through the files. There is lots of potentional and nice stuff there but neither one of the Green Arrow title artworks nor the Splitwolf screen is made by you and i'm sure that's not the only thing in there. Those graphics took lots of effort. There are also lot of non-art files (wav, ftp logs, chaos editor lists) in there which i don't think belong there.

Quote:
Free for credited modding use.

I haven't seen any text file in there. Those screens for example were made for your projects but
I never said the screens are for free uncredited use. I also never said the opposite.
You ask for credit while at same time you take credits for things you didn't do or didn't bother to check.

Quote:
P. S. It's organized far from perfect, but it's really ALOT of files, I did make quite an effort as is.

I understand that it's likely a mistake and overlooked but if you put so much effort in your artwork as you say then also do the minor effort and go through it instead of just releasing it quickly to get it out.
doomjedi
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

israel.gif

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:51 am

Sorry Atina, my miss.
Nothing intentional, I'll update the artpack.

Just understand, it's really alot of files. Whatever I missed - I did it unintentionally (as part of project folder) I never intended to claim your art as mine. I did credit you for those screens publicly in the past.
I didn't make credits list as I intended for it to be just artpack of my stuff.

I did make an effort to organize the pack, delete unneeded art or not mine.
I'm sorry I missed those screens (especially knowing from the past your sensitivity about the matter). My mistake.
Trust me on this, those are the last files I wanted to miss putting them in by mistake Smile

UPDATE:: Uploading a fixed download (including removing your screens and some other "misses" of mine).
doomjedi
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

israel.gif

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:34 pm

Updated the link removing your art (and some other stuff that shouldn't be there)

If there is more left - let me know.

If people find there art of other people - tell me and I'll update the pack.
Atina
Don't Hurt Me
Don't Hurt Me

Topics: 3

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:12 pm

No problem, i understand that. I'm not mad about it.

I get it's a lot of files but it seems kinda rushed copying folders. It takes less than a minute to check a folder with icon-file preview in windows. I'm also not sure if there isn't/wasn't some
non-public stuff from others (some chats and other things i think?). There is/was also the Femstein weapons, resized Mutant Blob graphics and maybe some other things. Were/Are the sound effects also free for use?
If it's such big pack then why rush it at the end.

Anyways, peace ???
doomjedi
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

israel.gif

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:40 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

No, I don't hold chats on those folders, we only use the forum for the development discussion. (yet if you notice such, let me know).
There shouldn't be any private stuff from others there (and again, this was not simple "lazy" copy-paste pack, I did go over the folders, it's just that are so many subfolders that I could miss some and I forgot of your screens in particular that are in folders with many art most of which is mine (so I looked too briefly at them, my mistake).

I sure suspected some art that I don't want to reveal (Sonder, current projects) might sneak in, that's why I posted the pack only on 2 forums so far and didn't do a wider spread (like huge zDoom forum community)
It might be a bit rushed (especially noticing the big mistake (unrelated to you) I did in the original pack).
I did try to go over the folders before the initial release, it's just so many subfolders of subfolders, you don't remember what you've been visiting before and what's not, that tree of folders (I obviously use "icon-file preview in windows", heh). Just the way those folders are built makes it hard to go over them perfectly, some have 5-10 levels of subfolders.

I prepared the pack over a few days a few months ago, then left it for a while, then got sudden urge to release it, went over it, sort of (counting though on the original preparation of the folders back then).
Yes, I might missed some stuff and did act on "I want to release this" urge.

But really, I didn't want to claim any art of others as mine.
The goal of this pack with - honestly - just to give people one all-in-1 pack of my art so far (and giving myself a point of retrospective of art work done over the years), so people looking for a particular art of mine won't need to remember the name of the project (or particular separate artpack) and then rip my art directly from the mods. Which is less-friendly process I myself don't like about art in mods of others (sometimes I remember some art I need, don't remember the mod, then after hard-finding the mod - need to rip the art). Want to help Wolf3D modding, there are not much artpacks released nowdays.
That's all. If I'll have too much trouble with this pack - too frequent need to "fix it" or complaints (all are legit but themselves and will be fixed as soon as possible) - I guess I'll put the link down, wouldn't worth it for me. Which will be a pity for some modders in this community looking for art gems (some are new or coming after a long break and don't know our older projects).
Again, no complaint about complaints - all are good and should be there if I did make misses (and my apologies applied).
But even for totally legit complaints (meantime I had only one - from you - so doesn't bother me much - yet, I'm speaking theoretically) - if there will be too much of those - I'll just put the pack down (no negativity, just isn't worth it for me practically). Then maybe fix it and reupload - maybe not.

This is big artpack and part of the downside are possible "misses" I can make putting (unintentionally) there I that shouldn't be there. Advantage is that you might have find my own gems I didn't intent to share yet, there is a sense of discovery Smile If I'd need to perfectly scan the folders to prevent any "miss" - I guess I'd find it too troublesome to release it and noone would benefit. If someone wants to organize the pack better (folders etc) - I'll upload a fixed pack and give him a big "thank you" Smile This can be good for the community.

Quote:
Were/Are the sound effects also free for use?
In "russian front" folder? Yes, my own recording in russian, free for use, I released that pack before as separate artpack.

Quote:
resized Mutant Blob graphics
I did doublesized version of art from a few classic mods (as part of WolfTC project) and released it in the past as part of an artpack. Didn't think of it that way, never intended to claim the original art as mine, just the doubleres edit. Maybe indeed it's worth a credit mention, that's a valid note.

Quote:
There is/was also the Femstein weapons
One in particular? Well, anyone can rip it from the mod anyway. And its very lowres.
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Artists Archive View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: