DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Wolfenstein 3D Part 2 Rise of the Triad mod
Page 2 of 2 Goto page Previous  1, 2
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Addons/Mods/TC's View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
gerolf
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 162
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:37 pm
   Subject: Re: Wolfenstein 3D Part 2 Rise of the Triad mod
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Yes, in fact I did a recolor of the original guard (not the Officer with a helmet) in purple:

Another thing, maybe the weapon sprites shouldn't be from ROTT but made to look more like Wolf 3d? They seem out of place.

Topics: 183

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:51 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

The weapon sprites should not be from ROTT at all. I prefer the Wolfenstein 3D style sprites. There will be three versions of Wolf3D ROTT to play when everything is finished. I am looking forward to Thandor's version. Mine version will only have a modified Title screen, modified enemies, bosses, and weapons. Maybe some new art also. Thandor, did you figure out how to export the old design sheet spec images and use them in the game yet? Somehow, they have to be cropped.
Thandor

Topics: None

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:03 am

gerolf wrote:
Also in discussion over the pink/purple uniform. It's what the original documents called for, and yes it's terrible camouflage, but maybe it's not meant to be camouflage. It could be a service uniform of the triad? The only thing I'd recommend changing is the helmet to be that black one seen here, since the triad is apparently much different than the Wehrmacht.
Makes sense, I'll look into it.

jpb6891 wrote:
Thandor, will your ROTT Wolf3D mod be SDL and have cheats? The game needs to have cheats. I am still going to create my version of Wolfenstein 3D Part Two ROTT. Eventually I will post screenshots. I have not actually imported the sprites into Wolfenstein 3D yet. I have been busy doing Java programming for school. Your version is better than my version. I was planning for the Alpha of the Omega version, just using new enemies and bosses and keeping a lot of the Wolfenstein 3D graphics intact. The Alpha of the Omega version will have one level per episode. Think of this version as the Hunt Begins, only it is not a prequel. The Alpha of the Omega version is a shorter mission game. The full regular version will be 40 levels and be bigger.
No, it's based on the DOS-version. DOS is closer to the original. Cheats will be available, I don't see the point of removing them.
Tricob wrote:
gerolf wrote:
Also in discussion over the pink/purple uniform. It's what the original documents called for, and yes it's terrible camouflage, but maybe it's not meant to be camouflage.
If the palette was altered a bit, I'm sure the proper shades of purple could be used. From what I've read, purple is much truer to the specs than the color pink.
I thought about changing the palette but when I started this project I didn't have experience in modding Wolf3D at all (apart from adding an FPS-counter with help of a tutorial).
jpb6891 wrote:
The weapon sprites should not be from ROTT at all. I prefer the Wolfenstein 3D style sprites. There will be three versions of Wolf3D ROTT to play when everything is finished. I am looking forward to Thandor's version. Mine version will only have a modified Title screen, modified enemies, bosses, and weapons. Maybe some new art also. Thandor, did you figure out how to export the old design sheet spec images and use them in the game yet? Somehow, they have to be cropped.
Somehow I didn't think the original Wolfenstein 3D weapons should be used. The original spec already has a different version of weapon #4 (chain gun). 'origin2' of the original spec does show the weapon images which are closer to RoTT than to Wolf3D.

I had little issues using the original images. Cropping is not neccesary. Try using different graphic-editors or use an export of the original Wolf3D-images as an export.

First I'll try to get audio better. I used RoTT-music files and removed parts of the MIDI-files in order to shorten the tracks (original tracks are too long for Wolf3D). Some instruments don't sound correct after converting from MIDI>MUS>IMF and importing in Wolf3D so I'll have to dive in it a bit more.

DieHard SS
DieHard SS

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:51 am

Another thing that you can do Thandor is just Import the Midis by themselves and just let people listen to them. I have had issues with music in the past when I was working on World War II 3D. Even the Medal of Honor Theme did not turn out right. It was off. I just imported midi files and let people listen to them. I even imported the entire Spear of Destiny and Wolfenstein 3D soundtrack. You can use Winamp to listen to the original Spear of Destiny and Wolfenstein 3D Soundtrack. My version of ROTT will have the Wolfenstein 3D, Spear of Destiny, and Rise of the Triad Soundtracks in them. Are you planning on doing all four episodes? Will debug mode still be available?

I consider Wolfenstein 3D Part 2 ROTT to be the true sequel to Wolfenstein 3D than the modern day video games. The modern day video games involve Nazis experimenting with time. Hitler died in 1943 in Wolfenstein 3D. Somehow, the Nazis experimented with time in RTCW and Wolfenstein 2009 and Hitler was brought back to life. I still believe all of the games take place in the same timeline with the exception to the New Order. Hitler killed himself in 1945. BJ did not kill Hitler in 1945.

In the graphic novels, it mentions a Fourth Reich. The Fourth Reich could actually be the Triad.
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 164
usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:43 pm

You might also try AlumiuN's Sound Manager code, which will play back Midi files as well as OGG files.
Joshua
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:23 pm

I have decided to create two more episodes along with the four episodes for Wolf 3D ROTT. The first game will be called Wolfenstein 3D Part II Rise of the Triad VI. Episodes 1-4 will be called the Alpha of the Omega. Episodes 5 and 6 will be called the Omega. Episodes 5 and 6 will take place in the future. Episode 5 will be titled 666. Episode 6 will be titled Armageddon. The player will play as John Matthews for Episode 5 and 6. BJ will still appear in Episode 5 and 6 in text.

What inspired me to do this down the road was 24 Live Another Day. Amazing Grace still is an epilogue to Wolfenstein to me. However, so was the Wolfenstein Alternate Reality Game. The Wolfenstein series will get to live another day with this 6 episode Wolf3D ROTT game. The first edition will have six levels which is why it is being called Wolfenstein 3D Part II Rise of the Triad VI.

Eventually a 60 level full game will be created.
Thandor

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:44 pm

It took a while, but I have a working version available. You can download it on my website (thandor.net - Wolfenstein 3D Part 2 : Rise of the Triad).
The game doesn't feature all of RoTT's original idea's but it turned out to be a (imho Smile) nice Wolfenstein 3D TC. The game is based on the DOS-version of Wolf3D because I want it to be close to the original Wolf3D-feeling (and I never were into SDL-versions Wink so you'll need DOSBox in order to play it on modern systems.

I hope you all enjoy it!

DieHard SS
DieHard SS

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:35 pm

Well done Thandor. I wonder if this can be converted to SDL? Your version is and will be better than my version.
Cyanosis
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 34
usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:58 pm

How the hell did I miss this! This looks to be the only real effort in remaking 'Wolf Part 2: ROTT' I've seen. Definitely checking this out when I do.
DoomN00b

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:30 am

Thandor wrote:
It took a while, but I have a working version available. You can download it on my website (thandor.net - Wolfenstein 3D Part 2 : Rise of the Triad).
The game doesn't feature all of RoTT's original idea's but it turned out to be a (imho Smile) nice Wolfenstein 3D TC. The game is based on the DOS-version of Wolf3D because I want it to be close to the original Wolf3D-feeling (and I never were into SDL-versions Wink so you'll need DOSBox in order to play it on modern systems.

I hope you all enjoy it!

Hey there, Thandor! I'm yet another in the legion of hopefuls whom want to do yet another Wolf2:Rott mod - this time for GZDoom! I was wondering if it was ok by you for me to use your work in my mod? You would of course be given full credit, along with the other people whom helped you create your mod!

Btw, since I imagine Thandor might not checking this thread any more, it's been more than 2 years after all, does anyone here know how to get a hold of him? I've obviously got his Thandor.net website bookmarked, but I can't seem to find any contact-info on there... Anybody know how to get in contact with him?
stathmk
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 83
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:26 am
   Subject: Re: DoomN00b

DoomN00b wrote:
Thandor wrote:

I hope you all enjoy it!

Hey there, Thandor! I'm yet another in the legion of hopefuls whom want to do yet another Wolf2:Rott mod - this time for GZDoom! I was wondering if it was ok by you for me to use your work in my mod? You would of course be given full credit, along with the other people whom helped you create your mod!

Btw, since I imagine Thandor might not checking this thread any more, it's been more than 2 years after all, does anyone here know how to get a hold of him? I've obviously got his Thandor.net website bookmarked, but I can't seem to find any contact-info on there... Anybody know how to get in contact with him?
DoomN00b,

Iím not sure how GZDoom is different from ZDoom. However, get El Zeeís permission to make a Return of The Triad mod in Doom 2:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/return-of-the-triad
http://www.elzee.co.nz/rotttc/
The editing guide link on http://www.elzee.co.nz/rotttc/#edit isn't working.

Or you can make a game in The Unreal 3 or Unreal 4 Engine for The Rise of The Triad 2013 game. The Rise of The Triad 2013 game comes with a developerís kit. However, The Unreal Engine has a higher learning curve.

If you want to try getting ahold of Thandor, I donít think that heís on wolf3d.darkbb.com.
DoomN00b

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:30 am
   Subject: Re: DoomN00b

stathmk wrote:
DoomN00b wrote:
Thandor wrote:

I hope you all enjoy it!

DoomN00b,

Iím not sure how GZDoom is different from ZDoom. However, get El Zeeís permission to make a Return of The Triad mod in Doom 2:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/return-of-the-triad
http://www.elzee.co.nz/rotttc/
The editing guide link on http://www.elzee.co.nz/rotttc/#edit isn't working.

Or you can make a game in The Unreal 3 or Unreal 4 Engine for The Rise of The Triad 2013 game. The Rise of The Triad 2013 game comes with a developerís kit. However, The Unreal Engine has a higher learning curve.

If you want to try getting ahold of Thandor, I donít think that heís on wolf3d.darkbb.com.

Ey, wasup stathmk?! : D

Cheers for the info, quite good advice - I do have Elzee's mod in mind as well - he mentions in the readme how it's a free-for-all to use the assets and code if one credits him and the others actually. (just enjoyed his mod quite a bit btw!) Everything but the maps. (which works fine for me)

I'm trying to dig through wolf3d.darkbb.com as we speak... but it's quite tricky to figure out which user is him! I dug through Thandor.net's whois though, so I think I might have an e-mail now - hopefully it's the right one.

Are you sure it's not Joshua who's posting over at Wolf3D Haven? Because the only posts I can find regarding a Wolf-Rott mod over there, are made by a Guest-user whom writes in a highly reminiscent style.

EDIT: Sent an e-mail to the adress... now all I can do is wait...

Last edited by DoomN00b on Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
stathmk
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 83
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:40 am
   Subject: Wolfenstein 3D Part 2 Rise of the Triad mod
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Joshua and Thandor are not the same person. Joshua was jpb681991 or something, requested that his own account be deactivated for personal reasons (That is why you see his guest account), he started a new account, and then he requested that I change his wolf3d.darkbb.com username to Joshua.
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Addons/Mods/TC's View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 2 of 2 Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: