DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Wolf3d Unofficial Remaster
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Addons/Mods/TC's View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
LkMax

Topics: 1

brazil.gif

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:46 am
   Subject: Wolf3d Unofficial Remaster
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

First of all, it's not complete but I don't have plans for any update any time soon (or ever), so I'm releasing what I have already.
With that said...

ABOUT

This mod aims to provide a replacement for the original lower definition sprites and textures while retaining the artistic style of the original game.

It can be used with Wolfenstein 3D, Spear of Destiny, both Mission Packs and a few supported mods (like the Second Encounter addon).
It can also be used with any ECWolf compatible mod that doesn't change the default graphics too much.

More details on the "readme" file.

Supported games:
- Wolfenstein 3D (including the shareware / a.k.a. demo)
- Spear of Destiny
- Mission Pack 1: Return To Danger
- Mission Pack 2: Ultimate Challenge

Partially Supported Mods:
- Coffe Break
- Executor's Mission Pack ("wolfenstein missions")
- Second Encounter
- Wolfenstein Intensifies
- Probably a couple more I forgot (too long since I last edited the addon)

OBS: I forgot to include some of these in the batch so you'll have to manually edit it if you decide to download all the mods.

DOWNLOAD

The addon can be downloaded here:
http://www.moddb.com/games/wolfenstein-3d/addons/ecwolf-rmst

SCREENSHOTS

Wolf3D: https://imgur.com/2a19RnP
Spear2: https://imgur.com/LQbRl6i
CoffeB: https://imgur.com/umXBuE5
Spear2: https://imgur.com/OFQMarE
Spear2: https://imgur.com/duvEgE6
doomjedi
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 106
israel.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:18 am
   Subject: Re: Wolf3d Unofficial Remaster
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Looks very impressive. Very good artwork, did you do it yourself?

Did you try to connect it to Ringman's hires Wolf3D enemy work? All enemies (8dir) and Bosses were done already.
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 163
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:27 am

Any SOD Mission One screenshots? I've unveiled two hi-res rock images that SOD seemed to have used as a base when making 64x64 walls. These were extracted from a Doom Hi-res pack some place; I've long since lost its original source and author.
quartzdoll
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 2

india.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:18 pm

hires sprites looks awesome. better than some old addons like wolfcu.pk3 (dont remember the author). but game plays little slow than usual. its good to take time to attack enemies lol. i am trying to include this in all ecwolf compatible mods and play. Smile

look what happened when added this remaster highres sprites to the game Amerika_PC (ecwolf version). enemies die on keep floating in air. Laughing

i am using following command to start game "ecwolf --data wl6 --file ATB_PC_Source.bin amerika_fix_PC.pk3 ECWolf_RMST.pk3 ECWolf_RMST_SFX.pk3 ECWolf_RMST_CoffeFix.pk3"

Matthew
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 93

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:36 pm
   Subject: Wolf3d Unofficial Remaster

You should upload screenshots with proper aspect ratio. The ones you uploaded are squashed horizontally.

What resolution are the textures and sprites?
quartzdoll
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

india.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:20 am

that is 1920 x 1080 full hd resolution. that is my monitor highest resolution it can display.
LkMax

Topics: 1

brazil.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:11 pm

doomjedi wrote:
Looks very impressive.

Thanks

doomjedi wrote:
Very good artwork, did you do it yourself?
Did you try to connect it to Ringman's hires Wolf3D enemy work? All enemies (8dir) and Bosses were done already.

Yep, I used Ringman's excellent rotation sprites. 95% of the stuff done for Wolf3D and Spear of Destiny were extracted / made by other members of the community at zdoom (all credited on the readme, I hope - sorry If I forgot someone), while some 90% of the stuff done for the Mission Packs (a.k.a. Lost Episodes) were done by me, but the latter had still some sprites and textures left to finish, hence why I said I was releasing "what I have already" instead of "the full version", since I have no plans for future updates.

Tricob wrote:
Any SOD Mission One screenshots? I've unveiled two hi-res rock images that SOD seemed to have used as a base when making 64x64 walls. These were extracted from a Doom Hi-res pack some place; I've long since lost its original source and author.

There's two screenshots in the main topic (labeled "spear2") but none with rock textures. I manually edited the first rock texture that the player encounter on Mission Pack 1, though I wasn't very happy with the result since it just ended looking like the original texture with a algorithm filter, but it's included in the pack anyway.

quartzdoll wrote:
hires sprites looks awesome. better than some old addons like wolfcu.pk3 (dont remember the author). but game plays little slow than usual. its good to take time to attack enemies lol. i am trying to include this in all ecwolf compatible mods and play. Smile

look what happened when added this remaster highres sprites to the game Amerika_PC (ecwolf version). enemies die on keep floating in air. Laughing

i am using following command to start game "ecwolf --data wl6 --file ATB_PC_Source.bin amerika_fix_PC.pk3 ECWolf_RMST.pk3 ECWolf_RMST_SFX.pk3 ECWolf_RMST_CoffeFix.pk3"

Unfortunately, I'd have to look into every specific mod released for ECWolf to check if something could "break", like in the example above, and make separated patches for each one (like I did with Coffe Break's chaingun animation), which is the reason just a few mods are officially supported (I dropped that idea not much later, heh).
In the example you posted, it's likely that the author of the mod reused the default names for the death animation sprites and this caused the wrong sprites to be replaced.

EDIT: It might work better if you put "ATB_PC_Source.bin amerika_fix_PC.pk3" at the end to load last so the mod configuration will overlap the high-res addon, but then again it might overlap everything. Still worth a try.

Matthew wrote:
You should upload screenshots with proper aspect ratio. The ones you uploaded are squashed horizontally.
What resolution are the textures and sprites?

128x128, double (or quadruple? whatever) the original 64x64 from WOLF3D.
quartzdoll
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

india.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:39 pm

Quote:
EDIT: It might work better if you put "ATB_PC_Source.bin amerika_fix_PC.pk3" at the end to load last so the mod configuration will overlap the high-res addon, but then again it might overlap everything. Still worth a try.

your suggestion not worked properly. as you said your sprites dominated and different enemies wearing same dresses. there is no floating of dead in air.

but that floating is unique experience and funny Smile
Sigma64
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 10
canada.gif

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:54 am

What we have here is a case of too many frames. In all non-DOS versions of WOLF3D, enemies have significantly less frames. There are no standing frames (Walk frame 1 is used, similar to DOOM.), 1 pain frame, and 3 death frames, for EVERY enemy. Therefore, what you have here is a compatibility error; unfortunately, the Mac actors and DOS actors use the same frame names. Fortunately, this can be fixed; make a decorate patch wiith something akin to this;

actor MacWolfensteinSS2 : WolfensteinSS replaces WolfensteinSS
{
}
But copy the front standing frame and name it, for example; SSSTA0, because in Mac WOLF3D, enemies have no spawned direction, and if you make them stand with rotations, they'll all face east. Copy the A_Look parameters from a boss or a Mac enemy to make them see in all directions, and you're all set!

<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 163
usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:15 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

LkMax wrote:
Tricob wrote:

There's two screenshots in the main topic (labeled "spear2") but none with rock textures. I manually edited the first rock texture that the player encounter on Mission Pack 1, though I wasn't very happy with the result since it just ended looking like the original texture with a algorithm filter, but it's included in the pack anyway.
I've since found the original Doom hi-res textures pack. The "bubble rock" textures are in the "flats" directory, and they're called FLAT5_7 and FLAT 5_8. I have yet to find the hi-res equivalent of that grey rock wall with diagonal "slashes", but I can probably recreate a hi-res version with my Texture Generator. Same goes for the white wall with wood trim. The "pink brick" has a hundred thousand versions out there that exist in different colors. I'd recommend just "grey-scaing" one of the images and recoloring it with the pink colors ... though a purple shade would be more appealing to me personally. Smile

The hi-res pack is called "Doom High-resolution Texture Project". The license says "do not redistribute", but it doesn't say anything about using it as a base for non-Doom projects. So I don't know where these graphics stand as far as this mod is concerned.
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Addons/Mods/TC's View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: