DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

I have been busy with non internet life
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Howling Wolfers View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
Joshua
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 171

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:25 am
   Subject: I have been busy with non internet life
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I have been busy with non internet life these last months. I am going to have to do the mods that I planned to release over again. I lost the entire two chain gun source code because I lost all of the files on my hard drive. That drive is now blank and is now in a drive enclosure. The next Wolfenstein 3D mod that is coming from me will be World War II 3D the Battle of Berlin. I have access to the old source code of that mod on a docking station with the old drive attached to the station. It is coming when it is done.
Wolf3DGuy
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

Topics: 4
Location: Burger King Palace, sitting on the cheeseburger throne.
hungary.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:47 am
   Subject: I have been busy with non internet life
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Welcome back!

Quote:
It is coming when it is done

See you after a century. Laughing But if we will see some original and great maps this time, then it worth the waiting.

<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 163
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:54 am
   Subject: Re: I have been busy with non internet life
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Most of what I'm doing lately is not Internet-related *or* Wolf3D-related, - so don't feel guilty. Smile

I'm rewriting a Public Domain game from scratch right now. Don't know how far I'll get with it, but my goal is to make it do this, only better:
::: CODE :::
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRedt9IgfUM

The "exit" to the 3-D maze looks just like another open path, so I plan to fix that (The exit square will have a rectangle that represents the Exit door). There's also the "Maze completed" portion that my port won't include at all (The older game has to "clean up" the maze before it starts working with it; my version works with two "flags" in each square of the maze and ignores the rest). After that, note how far from a distance it draws the squares in the maze, and how this slows down the pace of the game. I'll be designing the game to make the squares of the maze bigger, so it draws the maze from a shorter distance before it allows you to make the next move. I have already hacked the older game to do this, and it didn't suffer any ill effects from the change.

I would just hack the older game to do these things, but I honestly can't figure out all the details of how it works with the maze; it involves multiplication and square roots to create the data and work with it. My game engine - on the other hand - creates the maze with a little bit of multiplication and division, but no multiplication *or* division is used to read and draw the maze once it's created. This will hopefully make the game run *much* faster once the gameplay begins.
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Howling Wolfers View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: