DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Eek! Discounted Valentine's Day candy!
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Howling Wolfers View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 165
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:22 pm
   Subject: Eek! Discounted Valentine's Day candy!
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I know I don't talk about it much, but chocolate is kind of a weakness for me, as is "SweetTarts Hearts", those like candy hearts with small messages on them. These are things I never outgrew. So when February 14th had come and gone, I found all this un-bought Valentine;s candy at a discount.

I tried hard to get one of each interesting brand. RP Palmer has this maze in the shape of a heart, and the maze was made out of chocolate. It also had this little red candy ball (about the size of a BB) you could maneuver around the maze and try to reach the center. The chocolate itself wasn't terrible, but I thought it was just average as far as taste went. The texture seemed to be fine. But I thought the best part about it all was the little red candy ball.

There was this heart-shaped soccer ball with Whitman's Sampler chocolates inside. This was one of the bigger collections of Whitman's chocolates, so it had more of the kinds I liked. But I seem to have lost my taste for caramel somewhere around 2015 (The same goes for taffy).

The Kit Kats had chocolate bars that came in a pink wrapper, and it was supposed to taste different (or at least have a different texture), but I honestly can't tell any difference between them and the ones in red wrappers. Different color, same taste. But maybe the bars were just too small for me to tell the difference.

Dove sold this large heart-shaped chunk of chocolate. Sadly, Dove doesn't taste as good to me as it did in the 1980s.

Hershey's Kisses in a pink box, with "kisses" in three different colors of wrappers? Nothing to complain about there. I'm happy they didn't include any of the "kisses" with nuts in them. That always ruined the texture for me. But I'm sure leaving out the nuts killed it for a lot of people.
stathmk
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 85
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:25 pm
   Subject: 50-pound box of chocolates in Idaho!?
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

In high school, one of the guys had a book that was somewhat like "Ripley's Believe It Or Not" with perplexing laws. In Idaho, it's illegal to mail a box of chocolates that weighs 50 pounds. We laughed at that. In a particular city, mannequins can't be naked in storefront displays during the day, but they can be naked in storefront displays at night. We laughed at that too. What about laws to track down more murderers and attempted murderers instead of concentrating on these laws where nobody dies nor gets injured!?

Jay Leno said that eating 25 pounds of chocolate at once creates the mellow effect of marijuana. I wouldn't know because I don't do marijuana and I don't eat 25 pounds of chocolate at once. I would think that if a full grown man eats 25 pounds of chocolate at once, then he has more problems than just that.

Meet me at the street corner in Idaho. You'll bring the money and I'll bring the 50 pounds of contraband chocolate!

During World War II, you would buy your sweetheart chocolate and flowers for Valentine's Day because they were rationed.

I confuse Moctezuma with Montezuma. They were Aztec emperors and one was the grandfather of the other. The Aztec emperor had chocolate on a daily basis and Cortez brought it back to Spain.

My Mom and I have a birthday at about the same time. The ice cream places in our town sell Diabetic vanilla. At an ice cream place, I told my Mom on my birthday or hers that I had thought of the most insensitive name for a product, Diabetic Death By Chocolate!

In Australia, they hate rabbits because they are an invasion species that reproduces too fast with few predators!? You'd get a chocolate wallaby for Easter instead of a chocolate rabbit.

Devil's food cake chocolate is sacrilicious and so deliciously evil!

In the 1990s, there were aggressive commercials with boys and men shouting "SEGA" or "MORTAL KOMBAT!" Chocolate beckons to me in the same tone of voice, but it says, "CHOCOLATE!"
ReddimusVonAggrevatii
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

Topics: 5
bulgaria.gif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:23 am
   Subject: Re: Eek! Discounted Valentine's Day candy!
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I ain't eaten chocolate in a while and when I got one yesterday my reaction was like this pretty much: https://media.tenor.com/images/2b5160a5cb97a4eed318062d030a1733/raw

DieHard SS

Topics: 85
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:00 pm
   Subject: Eek! Discounted Valentine's Day candy!
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Watch this funny commercial with the chocolate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpNVeGkAEeo . I laughed at it. It reminds me that there was a almost mad prince or king of an Arab or Indian state in The Charlie and The Chocolate Factory book. The prince or king wanted a chocolate Taj Mahal and it melted down in the hot sun.
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Howling Wolfers View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: