DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community


  Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

  Username:    Password:      Remember me       

There is a reason why I am concentrating less these days
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> DieHard Archives View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Message
Joshua
DieHard SS
DieHard SS


Joined: 15 Mar 2012
Last Visit: 08 Feb 2019

Topics: 201
Posts: 473

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:40 am
   Subject: There is a reason why I am concentrating less these days
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

There is a reason why I am concentrating less these days, instead of more. I am back to editing my posts on here now. Today, when I was editing a post, I kept on print screening the original post several times because I wanted verification that the original was ok to post. I kept on saving it because earlier in 18, I felt my posts were being logged even when I was not submitting them. I follow the rules on here. Honestly, I wish my paranoid thinking would go away. It is keeping me from getting projects done. The trauma is related to me being a pedestrian in a car accident in January 2014. I made a successful recovery. I still have PTSD because of it. PTSD can even happen due to autism trauma in the past which is also a part of my PTSD.
Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer


Joined: 11 Mar 2003
Last Visit: 14 Feb 2019

Topics: 55
Posts: 2169
Location: Canada
blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:53 pm
   Subject: Re: There is a reason why I am concentrating less these days
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Hi Joshua,

Seems like you have been able to accomplish more than ever before. Congrats! Very Happy
Joshua
DieHard SS
DieHard SS


Joined: 15 Mar 2012
Last Visit: 08 Feb 2019

Topics: 201
Posts: 473

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:56 pm
   Subject: Re: There is a reason why I am concentrating less these days
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

That map is not very good and will need to be edited.
Atina
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On


Joined: 13 Apr 2015
Last Visit: 13 Feb 2019

Topics: 9
Posts: 138

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:30 pm
   Subject: Re: There is a reason why I am concentrating less these days
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Why is it ok for Jpb to keep posting lies about his fake conditions he is using as excuse for doing nothing of stuff he keeps talking about,

and if someone makes a comment about being tired of such nonsense, then such opinion is removed?

_________________
"Nexion and Atina are one in the same. Set apart by time and space, but they'll be one again" - WolferCooker (11/10/2010)
Dean
Moderator
<B>Moderator</B>


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Last Visit: 07 Feb 2019

Topics: 54
Posts: 2214
Location: Australia
australia.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:16 pm
   Subject: Re: There is a reason why I am concentrating less these days
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Proof Atina?

_________________
... Still alive Razz
Atina
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On


Joined: 13 Apr 2015
Last Visit: 13 Feb 2019

Topics: 9
Posts: 138

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:31 am
   Subject: Re: There is a reason why I am concentrating less these days
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Removing this now seems maybe oversensitive? There could have been at least reason given.

Are you actually asking for jpbs medical history? Cause in that case maybe Wolf3DGuy should show his medical history too. He also might have autism which got triggered by removing his post. Because he is sick and no one cares about his opinion. It gave him ptsd with that action and caused a whole weekend of autism trauma.
What if his autism is bigger than jpbs?

He also have tourette syndrome in his fingers so it is ok for him to swear in his posts. He can't control it.

_________________
"Nexion and Atina are one in the same. Set apart by time and space, but they'll be one again" - WolferCooker (11/10/2010)
ronwolf1705
Moderator
<B>Moderator</B>


Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Last Visit: 10:02 ago.

Topics: 74
Posts: 3812

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:08 am
   Subject: Re: There is a reason why I am concentrating less these days
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I removed the posts because I don't think it's particularly brave to gang up on an autistic person. It was pretty much bullying and just completely unnecessary. If you don't like his posts, don't read them. And you certainly don't have to react. It really isn't that hard. I can understand being frustrated with posts by Joshua, but it doesn't excuse being a dick to an autistic person. A little bit of empathy can't be that hard to muster, right?
Aryan_Wolf3D
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard


Joined: 21 Jul 2011
Last Visit: 15 Feb 2019

Topics: 6
Posts: 212

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:42 am
   Subject: Re: There is a reason why I am concentrating less these days
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

ronwolf1705 wrote:
I removed the posts because I don't think it's particularly brave to gang up on an autistic person.

It's hardly a question of bravery. I'd say the same about anybody, autistic or not, who repeatedly spams the forum by incessantly announcing fake projects and creating nonsensical threads about imaginary illnesses.

Of course it's completely up to the moderators to decide what kind of content is permitted here, but don't be surprised if your decisions end up driving people away because they're tired of the autism card being played to excuse unjustifiably moronic behaviour.

_________________
"Way too many #ifdefs in the code!" - John Carmack
ronwolf1705
Moderator
<B>Moderator</B>


Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Last Visit: 10:02 ago.

Topics: 74
Posts: 3812

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:33 am
   Subject: Re: There is a reason why I am concentrating less these days
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Again, you have the option to not read his posts, if it irritates you so much. If you see a topic started by Joshua, you can mark it as having read the post and move on.
Arielus
Moderator
<B>Moderator</B>


Joined: 13 Mar 2003
Last Visit: 11:03 ago.

Topics: 20
Posts: 784
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
argentina.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:56 pm
   Subject: Re: There is a reason why I am concentrating less these days
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I second ronwolf1705's opinion, and I'll add: if a member's posts irritate somebody else to the extent that they feel the need to leave the forum (even when they know that such posts come from a member with a condition), then I'd say there's a chance that that somebody does not like the forum enough to continue being a member. Otherwise, I personally -and, yes, I might be wrong- do not understand the need to leave because of one or more members posting messages that are found to be irritating. In this case here we are not talking about site administrators or moderators cascading down rules that one does agree with, or certain members voicing controversial opinions that all other members may get associated with, or any other stuff that may affect others or that others may feel affected by or feel uncomfortable with.

This is one person posting harmless stuff that he wants to post. There is no harm done. Even if others did this very same thing, then there'd be no harm done. The only harm that gets done gets done when you read this stuff and let it affect you. There's many ways around it, so it's nobody's fault but yours.

Just my two cents.

Ariel

_________________
Hot to Rock - Long Live Metal!
stathmk
DieHard SS
DieHard SS


Joined: 21 Oct 2009
Last Visit: 13 Feb 2019

Topics: 86
Posts: 470
Location: Indiana, United States
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:58 pm
   Subject: These conditions are real.
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Atina wrote:
Why is it ok for Jpb to keep posting lies about his fake conditions he is using as excuse for doing nothing of stuff he keeps talking about,

and if someone makes a comment about being tired of such nonsense, then such opinion is removed?
When JPB stops listening to the the hours of research that I go into for coding or graphics, then I just stop giving him Wolfenstein advice. If you don't share his opinions or ideas, then stop responding to his opinions or ideas. I would prefer that you do that instead of being disingenuous and calling these fake conditions.

But these conditions are real. Autism spectrum disorders are real. I noticed that some of the people with autism also have epilepsy or other medical problems. I don't know if that's the case with JPB though. I know somebody in Indiana with Autism who was born blind.

PTSD is real. I believe that it's more common with people who have concussions, spinal cord damage, or were too close to a bomb going off. A man in our town has PTSD from Vietnam.
stathmk
DieHard SS
DieHard SS


Joined: 21 Oct 2009
Last Visit: 13 Feb 2019

Topics: 86
Posts: 470
Location: Indiana, United States
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:15 pm
   Subject: Triggering?
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Atina wrote:
Removing this now seems maybe oversensitive? There could have been at least reason given.

Are you actually asking for jpbs medical history? Cause in that case maybe Wolf3DGuy should show his medical history too. He also might have autism which got triggered by removing his post. Because he is sick and no one cares about his opinion. It gave him ptsd with that action and caused a whole weekend of autism trauma.
What if his autism is bigger than jpbs?

He also have tourette syndrome in his fingers so it is ok for him to swear in his posts. He can't control it.
I don't see what Wolf3DGuy has to do with any of this. I must have missed something. ( EDIT: Now I think Atina means this post from Wolf3DGuy: http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/viewtopic.php?t=8127 )

Atina, do you even know anybody in your personal life who has Autism? Let's talk about triggering. I'm estimating that for every 1 time that anything triggers negative memories in somebody with Autism, that there are 10 or 20 things triggering positive memories in the same person with Autism. I'm also getting tired of people reacting not to Autism the way it really is, but to their misunderstandings of Autism. People have agendas and report the negatives and misunderstandings of Autism. If you know one person with Autism, then you know one person with Autism.

I noticed that some Scientists, computer coders, artists, or mathematicians have Autism symptoms.

You mentioned Tourette Syndrome. I don't know if you're being disingenuous with your understanding. There's more than 1 kind of Tourette Syndrome. Not all of them say inappropriate things. I believe that some of them seem to have trouble holding their eyes or eyebrows still.
Tricob
Moderator
<B>Moderator</B>


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Last Visit: 9:12 ago.

Topics: 165
Posts: 8327
Location: Neo-traditions, Inc.
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:49 pm
   Subject: Re: There is a reason why I am concentrating less these days
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I can understand feeling the need to read JPB's posts out of a sense of responsibility, but that's what the moderators are here for. It's our duty to read these posts - JPB's included - and put things back in line if the need arises. DHWs includes an option where you can mark all posts in a section as "read". Please don't be afraid to use it; just read the topics you want, skip the ones that he starts himself, and click the icon I mentioned afterward.

That being said, if his posts are going on about his projects when the topic involves something else, then yes - that's disruptive. If he's doing something like that, please tell us about it. Thanks. Smile
Atina
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On


Joined: 13 Apr 2015
Last Visit: 13 Feb 2019

Topics: 9
Posts: 138

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:54 am
   Subject: Re: There is a reason why I am concentrating less these days
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Quote:
Again, you have the option to not read his posts, if it irritates you so much. If you see a topic started by Joshua, you can mark it as having read the post and move on.


Sure but shouldn't it be applied to all? Others also should be able to give their opinions without threat that gets removed because someone doesn't agree with it. Unless it's really aggressive.

OMJ's posts could have been ignored the same way. He also said he has "autism". So why is he banned?

Maybe bit hard to see if you have never talked to Jpb in chats before.
He constantly changes his "disorder". It goes between asperger/high functioning autism/identifying as a child. His new fashion is ptsd (from a car accident that he apparently only witnessed in 2014 and haven't gotten real injury).

Few times he admitted he does not have "insert fashionable disorder". He said he does not have papers for it or that he does not go to specialists.

He is doing it to get attention and protection from people.
And some of who have been talking to him for some longer time are getting tired of it.

_________________
"Nexion and Atina are one in the same. Set apart by time and space, but they'll be one again" - WolferCooker (11/10/2010)
AstroCreep
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On


Joined: 23 May 2015
Last Visit: 12 Feb 2019

Topics: 26
Posts: 132
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:03 am
   Subject: Re: There is a reason why I am concentrating less these days
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

This is dumb. Nobody cares. And Atina you really have a huge problem with running your mouth. Quit being such a dick.
Aryan_Wolf3D
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard


Joined: 21 Jul 2011
Last Visit: 15 Feb 2019

Topics: 6
Posts: 212

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:37 am
   Subject: Re: There is a reason why I am concentrating less these days
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Arielus wrote:
I second ronwolf1705's opinion, and I'll add: if a member's posts irritate somebody else to the extent that they feel the need to leave the forum (even when they know that such posts come from a member with a condition), then I'd say there's a chance that that somebody does not like the forum enough to continue being a member. Otherwise, I personally -and, yes, I might be wrong- do not understand the need to leave because of one or more members posting messages that are found to be irritating. In this case here we are not talking about site administrators or moderators cascading down rules that one does agree with, or certain members voicing controversial opinions that all other members may get associated with, or any other stuff that may affect others or that others may feel affected by or feel uncomfortable with.

I understand what you're saying here, and I agree for the most part. However, in a small community such as this one, a little idiocy goes a long way. But luckily it hasn't yet reached the point where there's like 20 nonsense posts/threads per day (which is pretty much how it was with the OMJ saga) from Joshua, and hopefully it never will.

At any rate, I will not respond to any more of these types of threads in the future, because you're right, they're not worth my time, and giving attention seekers the attention they want is certainly not going to make them stop.

AstroCreep wrote:
This is dumb. Nobody cares. And Atina you really have a huge problem with running your mouth. Quit being such a [CENSORED].

On the contrary, you cared enough to post about it, even to the point of being very rude to Atina. Nice job there... Thumbs Down

_________________
"Way too many #ifdefs in the code!" - John Carmack
AstroCreep
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On


Joined: 23 May 2015
Last Visit: 12 Feb 2019

Topics: 26
Posts: 132
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:00 am
   Subject: Re: There is a reason why I am concentrating less these days
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Well itís like the third time Iíve seen this crap. And this time picking on an autistic dude. Really not cool. Counterproductive in fact. In any case this stuff is old and Iím merely stating we are supposed to be mature enough not to allow this stuff to degrade to a forum wide battle. So I stand by my statement stop being a dick.
stathmk
DieHard SS
DieHard SS


Joined: 21 Oct 2009
Last Visit: 13 Feb 2019

Topics: 86
Posts: 470
Location: Indiana, United States
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:21 am
   Subject: Serious response to Atina
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Atina wrote:
...His new fashion is ptsd (from a car accident that he apparently only witnessed in 2014 and haven't gotten real injury).

Few times he admitted he does not have "insert fashionable disorder". He said he does not have papers for it or that he does not go to specialists.

He is doing it to get attention and protection from people.
And some of who have been talking to him for some longer time are getting tired of it.
Quit reacting based on your misunderstandings. The semi truck hit him and he was being rehabilitated for his leg injury.

I disagree with you that he admitted he does not have a disorder. I disagree with you that he said he does not have papers for it and that he does not go to specialists.

He is doing it to get attention and protection from people!?!? No. Why would somebody confess to a disorder that they don't have? There's no incentive to do that. People with disorders get lashed out at, subjugated, dehumanized, and are more likely to have problems finding steady work. Atina, your comments show that people like you react to their misunderstandings of Autism and not to Autism the way it really is. It's a straw man logic fallacy.

Atina, watch where you step or you'll fall of off that high and mighty pedestal that you're standing on. Keep more of your negative comments to yourself.

3 or 4 years ago, I typed that I believe that JPB's and OMJ's bad reputation is rubbing off on other forum members. I no longer believe that JPB's and OMJ's bad reputation is rubbing off on us.

I don't appreciate you saying that Asperger's Syndrome (High functioning autism) and PTSD are fake conditions. I'll use depression as an example that it's sometimes a constellation of symptoms that some together. Autism is sometimes a constellation of symptoms that come together with ADD, OCD, epilepsy, more trouble getting a good night's sleep, hearing problems, sometimes being born blind, or sometimes even internal organ problems. It's not necessarily all of those things at once.

You think that Autism is a fake condition? There's more than 1 kind of Autism. People seem to think of full blown Autism or what I call Cantor's Autism when they hear the word Autism. There's Hans Asperger's Syndrome. There's PDD-NOS, which is "Pervasive Developmental Disorder - Not Otherwise Specified." There's Irlen Syndrome. There's Fragile X (X Chromosome syndrome). There's Williams Syndrome. There's Failure to Thrive Syndrome. There are apparently Autistic people who aren't diagnosed. As a non-Japanese person, there's also what we would think of as 2 or more kinds of Autism in Japan described a little bit differently in Japanese cultural terms.

Don't still ad insult to injury by insulting Autism with misunderstandings.

If you've met 1 person with Autism, then you've met one person with Autism and you can't stereotype. You'd never meet only one person with Down Syndrome and think that they are all carbon copies. You'd never meet only one African person and think that they are all carbon copies. You'd never meet only one Arab or Persian person and think that they are all carbon copies. Autistic people are as varied as the general population. Some Autistic 13-year-olds might be developmentally delayed and 2 years behind in school, which is sometimes no more to the point that some kids at about the same age that have nothing to do with Autism and might be just as far behind. Some Autistic kids might skip ahead a year in school or graduate at the top of their class, which is sometimes no more to the point that some kids who have nothing to do with Autism who are about the same age might skip ahead a year in school or graduate at the top of their class.

Sometimes, if you see something on the forums that you don't care for, then just forget to respond. I see friends, co-workers, and relatives bombarding me with information on my Facebook.com feed. If they post about politics that I don't agree with, facets of religion that I don't agree with, personal life choices that I don't agree with, or etc then I usually forget to respond. Maybe you should do about the same thing on the forums.

Atina, you still haven't answered my question about if you know anybody in your personal life with Autism. I would like to hear that answer and not any of your misunderstandings about the adversity of Autism.
Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer


Joined: 11 Mar 2003
Last Visit: 14 Feb 2019

Topics: 55
Posts: 2169
Location: Canada
blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:24 pm
   Subject: Re: There is a reason why I am concentrating less these days
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

@stathmk: I remember you used to pick on Joshua a lot on the Haven forum. What made you have a change of heart?
Joshua
DieHard SS
DieHard SS


Joined: 15 Mar 2012
Last Visit: 08 Feb 2019

Topics: 201
Posts: 473

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:32 pm
   Subject: Re: There is a reason why I am concentrating less these days
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Stathmk apologized to me.
Dean
Moderator
<B>Moderator</B>


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Last Visit: 07 Feb 2019

Topics: 54
Posts: 2214
Location: Australia
australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:37 pm
   Subject: Re: There is a reason why I am concentrating less these days
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Atina was rude in the first place, Astro was rude in response. 2 wrongs don't make a right but sharing an opinion and downright calling someone a liar regarding their medical conditions without any proof is just unfairly attacking someone and completely unnecessary, simply because you don't like their posts.

Ignore his threads, scroll past his posts, but enough of the personal attacks please.

_________________
... Still alive Razz
TheTalentedMrLeo
Forum Administrator
<B>Forum Administrator</B>


Joined: 14 Mar 2003
Last Visit: 09 Feb 2019

Topics: 38
Posts: 688
Location: Sometimes in Canada
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:45 pm
   Subject: Re: There is a reason why I am concentrating less these days
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Alright, as Dean said, enough of the personal attacks. I am going put this thread into lockdown mode for a short while to let things cool off before it gets any further out of hand. Dean, Tricob, Ron, Arielus - if you think otherwise, let me know. I'm all ears. Smile
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Time synchronized with the forum server time
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> DieHard Archives View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  

Related topics
 Topics   Replies   Views   Last Post 
No new posts akimbo wepons, (duel wepons) or getting a gun to fire twice
Author: andy3012
6 3323 Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:39 pm
Guest View latest post
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
   You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Copyright ©2003-2008 DieHard Wolfers
A Modified subBunker Theme by BrotherTank
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group