DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

The DunkelCollection - 19,800 Generated Wall Images
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Artists Archive View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
dunkelschwamm
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

Topics: 20
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:58 pm
   Subject: The DunkelCollection - 19,800 Generated Wall Images
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Quote:
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Are you a modder who wants their visuals to stand apart from the typical, boring default graphics that have been around for literally decades but don't want to spend time or money on the gruelling process of tiling environmental textures? Are you looking to create a look that can both harken to the nostalgic, familiar feeling of Wolfenstein 3D but want to spice things up enough to enthrall a player? Do you like pretty colors?

Well look no further! The DunkelCollection is an ecofriendly, easy to use, easy to digest toolset and resource pack for the modern age!

Use is easy: simply find the kind of wall you're looking for, open its folder, and then find a color or variation of the wall which will WOW players. Included you will find all sorts of decorations to go with the variant: from posters to signs to blood splatters (where appropriate).

Each and every single wall variation contains 30 images, and each and every wall type contains 30 variations, and the DunkelCollection contains 30 wall variations. If you did your math right, you'd know that that means that every single wall type comes with 660 images, making the entire collection 19,800 images strong! Don't take my word for it, count em one-by-one! It'll only take you 5 and a half hours!

Now, I know what you're thinking. "19,800 images," you think, "Why that's nothing. They don't even have my favorite color smaragdine here!" Don't despair! Don't ask for a refund! Every wall type comes with a Photoshop file packed with prearranged decorations on layers to quickly create a sheet of recolored or edited walls for minimum muss and fuss! How else do you think I created 19,800 images? Why, with this addition, you could even say that your options are INFINITE!

While I'm sure you're already sold on the idea, an issue may be sitting in the far corner of your mind trying to get a word in edgewise: what about credit? Well, while I'm certainly happy any time to receive credit for my hard work, you can use any images from the DunkelCollection completely credit-free. They're just recolored walls, after all. I'm not going to send the Pinkertons to bust your knees if you forget to etch my name into the monolithic mod you'll surely create with the help of the DunkelCollection. If, however, you should decide to credit me anyway you can do so with the moniker Dunkelschwamm.

Now get to it, you crazy kids! Create the mods that will define your generation!

Download the DunkelCollection here!

Warning: the DunkelCollection may contain small parts which may pose a choking hazard for children under 5 years of age.

Edit: If you're having struggle getting colors to work great in the Wolf3D palette then might I suggest using one of my gradient maps I created to recolor things with minimal color loss when converting to the palette? You should be able to load these into the "Gradient Map" function in Photoshop.

Mapping Master

Topics: 166

denmark.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:33 pm
   Subject: Re: The DunkelCollection - 19,800 Generated Wall Images
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Beautiful work. The gray concrete wall from Spear of Destiny was always incredibly dull and tough to use, but you really spiced it up. The Wolf palette has so many lovely colors that rarely get used. Countless shades of purple, blue and green make for some pretty nice textures.
Arielus
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 25
usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:33 pm

This is insane in the good sense. Amazing work. Congratulations for pulling this off and thank you very much for sharing.

AlumiuN, can you please add these ~20K walls to the next ML mapping kit, hahahahaha! Mr Green

Best,

Ariel

DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 41
newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:31 pm

Goodness me, this is impressive. I'm sure I can find a home for a least some of these... Very Happy
doomjedi
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 123
israel.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:43 am

This looks cool, but I can do similar things easily in any editor (like XNView). Even to all files at once (called batch convert)

What I'd like more - if it would be using only colors within existing 8bit palette. To save the work of more manual recolorings.

DieHard Guard

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:40 am

doomjedi wrote:
This looks cool, but I can do similar things easily in any editor (like XNView). Even to all files at once (called batch convert)

What I'd like more - if it would be using only colors within existing 8bit palette. To save the work of more manual recolorings.

They all only use colors in the Wolfenstein 3D palette.

DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 123
israel.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:18 am

Great to hear, misinterpreted '"Edit: If you're having struggle getting colors to work great in the Wolf3D palette" I guess.
Will need to try myself

DieHard Guard

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:26 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

doomjedi wrote:
Great to hear, misinterpreted '"Edit: If you're having struggle getting colors to work great in the Wolf3D palette" I guess.
Will need to try myself

Ah yeah, sorry I was a bit unclear. I meant that the color gradients I gave are for if people want to make their own recolors in photoshop the gradients given are easily adjusted and give colors very close to the original Wolfenstein palette as to reduce color loss when the image is converted to the Wolfenstein palette. The 19,800 images I provide in the pack all adhere to the Wolfenstein 3D palette already so there should be no color loss when using them.

DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Artists Archive View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: