DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

End of Destiny Contest?
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> AReyeP & MCS Games Support View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
Zach
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

Topics: 30

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 11:29 am
   Subject: End of Destiny Contest?
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Remember that Spear Ressurection contest for best score? Well I was wondering if you guys were planning on doing that again this time. Ah the good ol' times... Grindmachine2000 was my name and Spear Ressurection was the game. Very Happy
Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 56
blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:08 am
   Subject: our destiny for great scores is just beginning...
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

2.306.100? Pretty good man! You've totally killed my SOD2 score, I don't think I've even managed to get over 1 million yet - lol. Well, if there IS an End of Destiny contest... than good luck to ya! I tend to get obsessed with running through the same levels for eternity (levels 2-4 in SOD2 for example, awesome memories) - but maybe I'll try for this contest too. Wonder if that crazy Kurt guy will join in?!?!

The screenshots for End of Destiny look good. I'm glad they put the weapon picture back on the status bar and compacted all the ammo into one changable section! The tiles/graphics look funkay too. I still have your saved game from the original wolf3d Zach - heh. Most people who try for perfect ratios get a time of 99:99... so it was cool that yours was lower. It's too bad Apogee dropped the score/time contest idea for wolf3d; could have been alot of fun. Ah well, MCS has been making things fun for us in this region of gameplay anyways... Smile
Zach
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:51 pm
   Subject: Re: our destiny for great scores is just beginning...

Chris wrote:
2.306.100? Pretty good man! You've totally killed my SOD2 score, I don't think I've even managed to get over 1 million yet - lol. Well, if there IS an End of Destiny contest... than good luck to ya! I tend to get obsessed with running through the same levels for eternity (levels 2-4 in SOD2 for example, awesome memories) - but maybe I'll try for this contest too. Wonder if that crazy Kurt guy will join in?!?!

The screenshots for End of Destiny look good. I'm glad they put the weapon picture back on the status bar and compacted all the ammo into one changable section! The tiles/graphics look funkay too. I still have your saved game from the original wolf3d Zach - heh. Most people who try for perfect ratios get a time of 99:99... so it was cool that yours was lower. It's too bad Apogee dropped the score/time contest idea for wolf3d; could have been alot of fun. Ah well, MCS has been making things fun for us in this region of gameplay anyways... Smile

Lol yea I get to where I memorize levels from playing them so much so I get every secret and kill every dude and all the treasure from memory (Holy crap I could draw a map of most of Episode 1 on a f*cking napkin...)
Plus I'm a perfectionist of sorts... only about things I care about. I'm lazy as hell with everything else.

P.S. I could do better on my SOD2 score now. I know it. I'll score pretty high with EOD, I promise Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 4:38 am
   Subject: Re: our destiny for great scores is just beginning...

Verdammter Zach Laughing wrote:
I'm a perfectionist of sorts... only about things I care about. I'm lazy as hell with everything else.

That's humane, I guess. You have it, I have it...we have it all, I think Cool
AReyeP
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

Topics: 23
southafrica.gif

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:29 pm
   Subject: Re: End of Destiny Contest?

Huh? Gee, I didn't even think about a contest for EoD, but then I never discussed the idea with MCS either. You really think one is worthwhile?

Steve
Zach
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 5:43 am

Ah yes very much so. I loved the first one... great fun. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 6:06 am

Oh yeah, Spear Ressurection was HARDCORE and I'm sure End of Destiny will be MUCH BETTER than Spear Ressurection so...
Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 56
blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 8:28 am
   Subject: who needs bottle caps when you can have points... ?
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Yeah, gotta love getting records! I just downloaded Kazaa the other day - and I decided to look up savegam* and config files on it (among other things), just for fun. At first, I couldn't find anything - but every now and than I'd see people who've installed wolf3d to their music folder (or who have just selected their entire hard drive for sharing). Surprisingly, most of the people there are playing the full version... and quite a few of them have the same files (I guess there's a pirated version on Kazaa that comes with those savegam0.wl6 and savegam2.wl6 files). There are quite a few new records though, and an equal amount from Commander Keen! I even saw someone with a whole set of savegames from Beyond Wolfenstein II SE....

So far, I've found around 25 different users with saved games (18 unique ones) from wolf3d in the last few hours. Most of the records aren't too overwelming, but it's cool to see people actually playing it - and there's few cool surprises here and there. The stuff people have laying around on their hard drive for sharing is quite fascinating sometimes... windows settings, family photos, personal documents about tax returns; lol. I was almost convinced that one of the users was Gary Ragland, because the user had the full version of Spear - plus "Everlong" by Foo Fighters and "Mouth of Babes" by Smashing Pumpkins on the top of their mp3 list. Mr Green

Users saved game files I've kept so far: alisum, atomicbabydoll, boxcarracer, cryb1, defaultuser, gaston197911, GatorPlayer10, guternen6, jamesbunnyjr, jim5959, johnneed, kazaaliteuser (2), leopardo98, mathieu1000, orlando12, ronmachkay, Sgt_Pyroman, soldier, Stroh, tabajara #brazil#, tata_joey_potter, trondild, whiteyford1976, www_k-lite.tr_improved_Kazaa.

Heheh, if you have any more leads - do reveal! I gotta expand upon my WolfXL collection ya know (more, MORE!). Let's all download Kazaa now so I can grab all your wolf3d files (and everything else on your computer, for that matter - haha). God forbid... maybe we'll even be able to find some End of Destiny saved games on that crazy place in the near future. Wink
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> AReyeP & MCS Games Support View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: