DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

EOD Q's
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> AReyeP & MCS Games Support View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
Aryan_expirement
Can I Play Daddy
Can I Play Daddy

Topics: 10
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:31 pm
   Subject: EOD Q's
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

1 ( at AreyeP ) In the news from January 1, you stated

Quote:
With only a handful of levels remaining to be completed, I think it's safe to say we have a pretty good idea as to the structure of the game.

I know you said about 99% sure, but I can't help wondering: Could this mean an earlier release date than April 1?

2 I had some trouble in the first game completing the first level. Embarassed
It was QUITE a maze. Is the first level going to be as difficult as before?

Thanks.

The Aryan_expirement
Kuki
Can I Play Daddy
Can I Play Daddy

Topics: 6
poland.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:31 am
   Subject: Re: EOD Q's
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

About the first level in SpearRes, I think it sucks, maybe it was because of it that I didn't like the whole game very much. I mean... it wasn't bad, but I didn't like it in a way that would make me play it whole w/o cheats on Death-Incarnate...

Kuki
Loki
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 3
france.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:27 am

It's true. The people here has a veneration for this game but for me it's not one of the bests TCs. Too mazy, too difficult, the graphics are not exceptionals (except for some walls). No, permanently, i prefer TCs like Quest for the amulet, Project Eisenritter or Project Vertilgung. More funny.
Hair Machine
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 8
uk.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:33 am

The graphics are not exceptional!??!?!?! EGad!! You have high standards, my man... I wish I could draw graphics to one tenth... No, twentieth.. of that ability!

Anyway, I love SpearRes. I agree in some respects about the complexity of the levels - but some of those puzzles were fiendish! Deja - Vu 2 had me completely stumped.. I had to look at AreyeP's guide to finish it! And it really got me involved like no other game has.

And the first level? Well, okay... It did suck a bit... But it had a really good scene - setting atmosphere! What with the lighting and all... So I overlooked the actual level design. Anyway, you gotta admit that watching those guards get blown up on their own landmines was rather amusing! Clearly a qualification for the guards of Baron von Schmitt was an IQ of less than fifty..

No wonder evil dictators never triumph.

I am Death Incarnate

france.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:09 am

No, i've no high standards. I've not said that graphics are horribles no, it's a good job. It's just that i realy love the wolf graphic style. I've make the same reflexion at Majik for HOS but this game is cool. My real problem with Spear resurection are the mazes and the déjà vu levels. Well, each wolfer is different and the fun for me is not in this style of levels. Sorry.
I'm agree with you on the atmosphere of the first level and it's true, the landmines are cool.
It's a reality : the nazis are stupids. BOOOM!!! Twisted Evil

Last edited by Loki on Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arielus
DieHard Mutant
DieHard Mutant

Topics: 25
argentina.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:40 am

Spear Resurrection is the best mod to date. It is perfect. Enough said.

Ariel.

DieHard SS

uk.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:51 pm

Well heh... I guess that's one way of putting it. Cool

DieHard SS

Topics: 1
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:50 pm

Spear Ressurrection was the best TC I've ever played, I like the death artifact, it kills everything including bosses Smile , unfortunately it kills you too Sad but it adds to the challenge. Smile
Dugtrio17
Code Master
Code Master

Topics: 49
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:19 pm

one thing I liked about SOD2 was the recoling of the pistol; it was perfect looking, in my opinion. And the sounds in the game all sound real nice and crisp to me. the little things are things often noticed, but credited to something else. I'd just like to give the little guys their credit.

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:21 pm

I could name endless things I like about Spear Ressurrection but I'll just name a couple more. I like the Life and Invulnerability artifacts cause they are very cool and help you a lot. I like the Mk weapons cause they look cool. I also like the feature that the mines can hurt you and the enemy cause when an enemy steps on their own mine it is quite amusing. Very Happy
AReyeP
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

Topics: 23
southafrica.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:10 am

Aryan_expirement wrote:

1 ( at AreyeP ) I know you said about 99% sure, but I can't help wondering: Could this mean an earlier release date than April 1?

2 I had some trouble in the first game completing the first level. Embarassed
It was QUITE a maze. Is the first level going to be as difficult as before?

Thanks.

The answer to both questions is no.

The levels should be finished around the end of January, but there's still a number of other things to be finished/finalized, and Brothertank has to test the levels for us. We won't release it until it's as close to 100% as possible. And we're not going to rush it either, as doing that makes it seem more like work - yuk!

Re the first level, well, we learnt a lot from the feedback on the first level in SR. I wanted a hard to navigate outdoor area (mazey, but not mazey as in winding straight corridors) that the player had to work through to get to the main "castle entrance". We wanted the player to feel as if they were lost in a dense forest. Plus I was responsible for mines being extremely difficult to see, couple this with them being hidden behind bushes, and yep, it made it even harder. Rest assured this kind of thing won't happen again in EoD Smile

Loki wrote:
It's true. The people here has a veneration for this game but for me it's not one of the bests TCs. Too mazy, too difficult, the graphics are not exceptionals (except for some walls). No, permanently, i prefer TCs like Quest for the amulet, Project Eisenritter or Project Vertilgung. More funny.

Thank God some people who didn't like it are honest enough to say so. The truth is that not all of us think alike or like the same things. So yep, quite understandable that our style isn't everyone's cup of tea. And so it will be with EoD. But Loki, you mention SR was "too mazy"? I hate mazes myself and generally avoid putting them in levels (the odd small one on the rare occasion being the exception). I suppose the large size of the SR levels may have made them seem mazelike, but were there any specific areas you had in mind? If anyone would like to nominate areas in SR's levels they hated I'd be interested to know - may help with touching up areas in EoD's levels if I find certain things were disliked by a number of people (but don't bring up issues to do with level one as we're aware of those).

Hair Machine wrote:
but some of those puzzles were fiendish! Deja - Vu 2 had me completely stumped.. I had to look at AreyeP's guide to finish it!

Deja Vu 3 is far more deceptive than Deja Vu 2. But it's a secret level so it's possible to avoid. Hopefully a lot of Wolfers will like it, but there will be others who hate it Smile

I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

france.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:53 am

My reactions when i read the Areyep answer :

"A Areyep moderator's message".

Arrrrg ! Areyep himself ! Shocked I'm banish of the forum, it's sure ! Mouth Shut

Quote:
Thank God some people who didn't like it are honest enough to say so. The truth is that not all of us think alike or like the same things. So yep, quite understandable that our style isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Ooooooooh. Good spirit. This Areyep is cool !!! Razz

Ok now,

You has reason, "mazy" is not the good word. It's the large size of the levels. But well, i prefer this. The maze are horribles !
I'm not sure if it's the level 3 or 4... a déjà vu level with many colums breakables. I hate this level ! Angry 2 hours for found the elevator !!! No, for me, it's not funny.

Hummm... you are the author of the Beyond Mutantstein's levels no ? The first level is a good example of a funny level for me. Not too long, not too short. Not too difficult, not too easy. And characters in Wolf graphic style (aaaaah the wolf graphic style !). The SS and Guard mutants are beautifuls. Beyond Mutantstein is a very great add-on for me. A real good work.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:13 am

I can't say for everybody,but alot of Areyep's levels in his TC's are too complex,are the levels in End of destiny gonna be AS difficult or more?
Martin
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

poland.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:07 am

How could a level be TOO COMPLEX? Complex levels are 1337. I wish EOD would have a 128x128 maps. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:23 pm

SpearRes's levels were fun for me... and I second that 128x128 level idea. Very Happy
Mikey X
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:58 pm

I agree with Martin, how can a level be too complex Question I thought Spear Ressurrection's levels were pretty good, yes the first one was hard but it wasn't too bad either. I liked facing the Grau Adler just cause he is cool and the music kicks ass in that level. Very Happy
Hair Machine
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:45 am

Loki: I think you're talking about level 3... I had a similar experience! AARGH, THE PAIN!! And all the time the exit was staring me right in the face.... I was <almost> brought to the point of hating the game. But when I finally did it, the sense of achievement was rather good.

I think the best music in the game is "Turning Japanese" on Hiroshima Hyoto's level. I was dancing all the way to the finish Laughing

And another cool thing about SOD2 was when you get captured. That was a fun level, 'cos you're back to a knife, stabbing the SS to conserve ammo... Probably my favourite level.

I am Death Incarnate

france.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:38 pm

Hummm.... your message encourage me to persever in Spear Resurection... Ok, go !!!! (but the level 4 is always a *#@¤* level).
wolfie3dfan
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 7:22 pm

Last edited by wolfie3dfan on Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kuki
Can I Play Daddy
Can I Play Daddy

poland.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:09 am

Well, maybe I'll try to overcome my fears, beat the totally dull 1st level (details? what details? it was boring and plain and... yes, that's it) again and try to find that exciting gameplay etc. Maybe I just played SOD2 for too short (well, I think I got to 3rd or 4th level) Question

Kuki
Mikey X
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:27 pm

Believe me Kuki, it gets better as you get further into the game. Smile
AReyeP
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

Topics: 23
southafrica.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:38 pm

I have to admit, level 3 went overboard with the stone columns, plus hiding clones behind 'em was a bit of a cheap tactic Rolling Eyes

I guess that kind of thing would turn a lot of people off. Should save the more difficult levels for last or for secret levels!

I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

france.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:11 am

YES ! Mr Green
Hair Machine
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

uk.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:04 am

Mikey X wrote:
Believe me Kuki, it gets better as you get further into the game. Smile

Indeed! The great thing is the sheer amount of variety in the levels. All the new features are used in new ways I can only dream of. Or copy. Which makes for much fun!

DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 57
blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:20 am
   Subject: Your Contiousness can be raised by Ingenuity

ack wrote:
Level one isn't too hard if you study the map and practice a little. I have done it in 24 seconds on skill three. Lord knows how quick the Choksta can do it - lol.

Haha. If you want a much better challenge, try beating this level on Suicidal Tendancies while getting all 100% ratios; without saving. It's really fun! Not only do you have to find the elevator, you also have to run around looking for every single piece of treasure, open all the secrets, and kill every enemy on the map; while trying to avoid all the obstacles along the way, and figure out how to do all of this in the most productive way possible.

I say that no one should post any comments about how this opening level isn't utterly amazing until they try that experiment, and manage to do it in a time of under 4 minutes. My personal goal is to get under 3:30, but if you can reach anything near it (on the hardest skill level, without saving); than you are are officially "qualified" to speak of this level's greatness with understanding. Until than, though, your opinion is totally useless in the eyes of the experienced - haha. Here's my first 10 attempts at it so far; if you want something to compare yourself with:

7:31, 4:58, 4:48, 4:50, 4:16, 4:11, 4:05, 4:01, 3:49, 3:55.

To go along with all this "complaining about Level 1" stuff, here's a thread from last May that you might find worthwhile (just for the sake of nostalgia, as many of you might not have known that this conversation existed):

http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/viewtopic.php?t=355&start=5

As for level 3... why are you guys bashing one of my all time favorite SR levels? Grrr. I've heard enough of this crud from the beta testers - lol. This level has awesome design; just trying to figure out how to get to all the different sections was like digging for buried treasure. It's the first level to feature the groovy MCS MK3, it has rockin powerful music, there's always clones to keep you on your toes, it has some really cool secret areas (including a nice path to the first secret level!), and the par time is enormous enough to give you so many extra points, yet it still reflects how this level is by far your most lengthy nitemare yet! Seems like all you guys want to do is get the exit. Don't you want something that will test your skills; and reward you for your efforts? Confused

I actually found levels 4, 5 and 2 alot more boring than levels 1 and 3; to tell you the truth. Sure, they looked pretty, and had lots of variety within their environments; but they just weren't as fun in the way that they imposed their challenges. They obviously had some unique designs, but strategically (which is most important, in my mind), they just didn't attract me in the same way. Yeah, attaction... Levels 3 and 1 are just too sexy... I think I'll marry them both! Don't get any ideas now, you all said you didn't like them; right? So, I shouldn't have any problems with people being jealous and trying to hit on them when I'm not looking; should I? Oh well, you're all invited to the wedding anyways. I feel kind of bad leaving my ex-girlfriend Level 13 behind, but hey - she can always marry Hair Machine or something; they seem to be getting along rather well. Mr Green

Who wants cake? *starts playing the wedding song*
Mikey X
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:54 pm

I thought level 1 wasn't bad, it gives a good challenge, I'm not a real speed demon like Chris or ack but it's cool how enemies can land on their own mines and die. Level 3 wasn't bad but it gave me a real good challenge, I thought both of the MCS Mk weapons were pretty cool, but if you want the ultimate challenge I believe it is the second secret level which is the ultimate challenge. You got regular and super clones galore.
ZuljinRaynor
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 19

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:56 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Level one in SR was a bit overdone but it really was hard to map in your head. The maze like structure makes you wonder if them map ios nnot 64x64. Yeah, then you look at the guide and your like,

"What the Shocked ! The exit is right behind the start! Shocked Time to clip and I'm done Twisted Evil "

That is how I felt. Man, wolf plays on your mind more than these new games. (probably cuase of mini-map Mr Green )
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> AReyeP & MCS Games Support View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: