DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Happy Birthday - DieHard Wolfers Forums
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> News & Forum Rules View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator
<B>Forum Administrator</B>

Topics: 153
canada.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:54 am
   Subject: Happy Birthday - DieHard Wolfers Forums
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

It's our Birthday

Well, officially it's tomorrow, but because of the leap year and all, it is exactly 365 days since we moved from the Yahoo Groups to the Areyep server.

So in DieHard years, we have been around for 3 years now, as the original forums also started in March of 2001.

Now for the Present!

The 'DieHard Wolfenstein Bunker' is now open for business.

Things are not completely done, but if you read the news you will understand why.

Just click on the link from the main index page... And welcome to our new homepage.

Greg
BrotherTank
Martin
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 8
poland.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:25 am
   Subject: Re: Happy Birthday - DieHard Wolfers Forums
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Yay! I like the site design very much, and the download pages (the tables and such) look very stylish. Congratulations - this may be a cool replacement for those who don't like the bright Dome colors. I'd love to see it in the full version - looks really very promising!

Anyways, I thought that as a homepage for forums, it would focus more on the forums itself, not Wolfenstein or Spear.. I'd love to see the detailed member descriptions (like Wolfer Profiles on Dome), links to interesting topics, links to most active topics, monthly awards, and maybe links for solved problems in Code Crackers section - as many of those aren't posted in Wolfenstein 3D Dome tutorials section. It would be really cool to see, plus it may encourage people from "outside" to join our forums... I don't know, just a pack of suggestions...

Anyways, I enjoy the layout and the content that's right now (even if it's not really related to forums) very much!

Martin

DieHard SS

Topics: 1
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:54 am

The DieHard Bunker is pretty cool, yeah I agree with Martin, I thought it would have more to do with the DieHard Forums. Oh well Razz , it's cool anyways.
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator

canada.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:08 pm

Yes, there is more comming. Although, I won't be doing wolfer profiles. The coding section is still being worked on and will list the different threads where specific code is being talked about. The download areas are in the works, but there is a ton of information to go there. I'll be linking the reviews to the specific review within the forums here. So hopefully, once we get more games in the U-Rate_it section of the forums, I can get that up to date...

The site may also include the background as to why the DieHard's were formed in the first place.

What you see so far is what I have been able to do in the last 30 days minus the two weeks I've been dealing with a sick cat. As it says on the main page:

WARNING:
Content is still being added
Please disregard any blank pages.
Everything will be up soon!

But thanks for the encouragement and suggestions.. I haven't revealed it all yet... but in time... The whole idea of the site is to present as much information about Wolfenstein, and the spin off games as I can. And do it in a way that presents the information clearly, quickly, and without all the fancy gimicks that have been tried over the years.

Anyhow... Enjoy it...

Greg
BrotherTank

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:27 pm

Cake Cake Cake luck with DHW Admin Laughing you will have to work harder than you would be.... Wink
Zach
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

Topics: 30

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:39 pm

Good luck have with website to make!!

But seriously... pretty sweet... not so original but we have nothing to lose by having more info available. Not everyone knows the URL to Clubey's site. Wink

One thing that did bug me was the Dome, er, DHW history. Especially this passage:

Quote:
People started accusing us of copying the Dome. Of trying to create competition. They even accused us of trying to split the community further apart. That is so far from the truth it isn't even funny. The DieHard group on Yahoo was started long before the Dome or any of the other groups dedicating themselves to Wolfenstein. The only one before us, was the Fanclub (which still exists - although it looks like it's slowly dying and it's founder only visits with varied intervals). So in fact we Diehards were considered 'competition' to only the fanclub. The rest of those clubs that came later were in fact trying to compete with us.

I don't remember that... and I clearly remember being fanatical about every thread back when this was fun... oh I remember some comments alluding to the idea... but I guess I could see how it could be contrived as "accusations." Maybe there were things we didn't see in PM or Email...?
experiencedgamer
Don't Hurt Me
Don't Hurt Me

Topics: 4
blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:52 pm

Happy Birthday DieHard Wolfers Forums! NOW WHERE'S THE CAKE!!!!
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator

canada.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:27 pm

Zach Attack wrote:
Good luck have with website to make!!

As MCS would say "Mweuh"? I take it that means good luck... Thanks.

Zach Attack wrote:
But seriously... pretty sweet... not so original but we have nothing to lose by having more info available. Not everyone knows the URL to Clubey's site. Wink

It's neat, organised, and quick loading. The format makes it easy to read and follow.... One of the goals of the site... Thanks.

Zach Attack wrote:
One thing that did bug me was the Dome, er, DHW history. Especially this passage:

Quote:
People started accusing us of copying the Dome. Of trying to create competition. They even accused us of trying to split the community further apart. That is so far from the truth it isn't even funny. The DieHard group on Yahoo was started long before the Dome or any of the other groups dedicating themselves to Wolfenstein. The only one before us, was the Fanclub (which still exists - although it looks like it's slowly dying and it's founder only visits with varied intervals). So in fact we Diehards were considered 'competition' to only the fanclub. The rest of those clubs that came later were in fact trying to compete with us.

I don't remember that... and I clearly remember being fanatical about every thread back when this was fun... oh I remember some comments alluding to the idea... but I guess I could see how it could be contrived as "accusations." Maybe there were things we didn't see in PM or Email...?

Yep... you weren't in the loop. I only wish I had saved the conversations where people accused us of these things. Sad, but it was true. Some people saw it that way. And yep, some people even blamed us for the Dome going down. I don't know where they got that from as I had nothing to do with it (the Dome) other than as a visitor... But as I said... we were just continuing to do what we were doing... and not worrying about what others thought... So we didn't talk about it... As part of the history of the DieHard's though, it was finally told to everyone.

Greg
BrotherTank
Zach
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

Topics: 30

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:53 am

Yeah I, personally, never felt that it was DHW's fault or anything... I thought it was great that it came when it came. If I did consider the thought of strategic timing I didn't put DHW to a fault over it... it would be good business. But I believe that it qwas good timiing
AReyeP
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

Topics: 23
southafrica.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:49 am

Nice layout Greg - as you say, easy to read and follow. I know you've had plans for a DHW site for a while so it's good to see it up and running Smile

Forum Administrator

canada.gif

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:57 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

AReyeP wrote:
Nice layout Greg - as you say, easy to read and follow. I know you've had plans for a DHW site for a while so it's good to see it up and running Smile

Thanks Steve...

I found that missing piece of the skull, as you can probably tell...
The rest is comming along slowly. Tending to CC is keeping me busy, as the stroke has really done a number on him.. He fades in and out, but still wants to be independant... (stubourn little brat)...

I actually miss him comming down and helping when I was making most of it. The original pages were going to be either teal or blue, but he kept walking in front of me... and I guess he was trying to tell me black.

Smile Anyhow, I'm still working on it. But I appreciate the feedback. How is the information so far? Is my Survival Guide up to par? Does the information on the missions help? Which part should I concentrate on... Code Tutorials or the download sections? Oh well... too many questions ... and it's been a long day..

Hope to hear more comments (both good and bad) about the site from others as well...

Greg
BrotherTank
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> News & Forum Rules View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: