DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Save Games in EoD
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> AReyeP & MCS Games Support View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
KyleRTCW
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 45
usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:01 pm
   Subject: Save Games in EoD
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I was just wondering, wouldn't it be great if there were 2 lists of save game menus? Like having 2 sets of saved games to enjoy almost each level over and over again. When you choose Save Game form the Menu, it will have the slots, then at the bottom, it would say next, then on the 2nd page, it would have slota and a back option to the menu. Is this a good idea? I thought of this because of those 20-60 level TCS, can't save every level. I would really like this to be in EoD. But that's up to you MCS.

~KyleRTCW

DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 55
blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:27 pm
   Subject: Re: Save Games in EoD
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

You're not the only one who's thought of this. Here's something I pulled up from a text file from a few years ago:

WolfXL.doc wrote:
Saved Game Data
------------------------

cluster 1: Profile - Name (16), Picture (256), Config Preferances (Keys used, Password enabled, Corridor 7 Music, etc. [128?]), Overall Score (4), Overall Time (4), Best Score for Each Episode (24), Best Time for each episode (24), Best scores and times for each level in those episode attempts (480 [or 600 if you include 9 and 10]). Total: 936 bytes (use 1024)

cluster 2: name, e1slot1, name e1slot4, name e2slot1, name e2slot2, name e6slot1. eslots are one character (1-60) and name is 20 characters. Separation is 3. Maximum Total = 1440 bytes. (use 1536)

cluster 3: Health (1), Ammo(1), Score(3), Level(1), Face(1), save count(1), Time?, 8 Ratios [16x8=128] (Kill, Secret, Treasure, Time, Score). 136 bytes, but lets say 256 bytes. 15360 bytes.

Maximum Saved Game size: 17920 bytes.
Names: savegam*.wl6

*** With Spear of Destiny ***

cluster 1: Best Score (4), Best Time (4), Best scores and times for each level in those attempts (14 x 8 = 112 bytes) = 120 bytes (used 128). Grand Total is still: 1024 bytes.
cluster 2: name, e7slot1, ..., name, e7slot20. 480 bytes. Used is now 2048 bytes.
cluster 3: 256 (savegame size) x 20 saved games = 5120 bytes

New grand total: 17408 + 5376 = 23552 bytes.

As you can see, cluster 2 would have had a slot per level... per game (name). Maybe that's talking things a little overboard, but wouldn't it be cool to have atleast 10 slots for each episode in Wolf3d, and not just for the entire game? And one slot for each level in Spear of Destiny? People like saving alot of different adventures too, especially if there's more than one person playing on your computer, or they like to try and beat the game in many different ways (scoring, racing, exploring, different skill levels); and saving in all the memorable sections of each level can always be beneficial for later to some people.

Even 100 slots for saved games (10 slots of 10) would be nice. I always end up having to archive my savedgames into packs of 10, and than unzip the ones I want when they're needed. Had to do this in SR with 3 separate packages, just to have enough saved games to have one saved for every level on Suicidal Tendancies. This would certainly be a cool thing to consider for EoD, having more than one page. The "Next" tag on the bottom when you fill up all 10 is a cool idea Kyle. Why even have a limit? Nothing wrong with having a SAVE0967.EOD file, although it would be cool to be able to jump to a certain page so you wouldn't need to press the Next button 96 times to get there. Maybe that seems ridiculous to many of you, but I'm sure that atleast 4 pages for saved games wouldn't be too much to ask for... would it? Razz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:29 pm
   Subject: Re: Save Games in EoD
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I have got this problem too. What I have do is take all the saved game files and putted it in other folder to use that later, when I need. It give a little work, to choose which level to play, but I'm like of it.
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> AReyeP & MCS Games Support View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: