DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

n00b... lol and first game
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Addons/Mods/TC's View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:03 am
   Subject: n00b... lol and first game
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

im a long time player, first time poster on here. im also ALREADY making a Wolf3D add-on game. its a Zelda add-on that i think will be VERY challenging to make because, for those of u who know what Zelda is(which probably all of you do), its a Middle Ages-type game and changing WWII weapons into the swords and bows and arrows, etc. from Zelda is very strange and hard. i will do my best to change Zelda from 2D to 3D FP.

Last edited by Guest on Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Majik Monkee
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

Topics: 80
usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:01 pm
   Subject: Re: n00b... lol
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

You might be surprised...you can change the weapons to pretty much anything you want to with the wolf engine. If you can draw it (or borrow it from another game and scale it down), you can implement it. The challenging part would probably be coding out the long range attack effect unless you want the weapons to shoot. I've often thought about doing a wolfenstein "Final Fantasy" variation, but there's no way a FPS engine could do justice to the rich story based plots that are the trademark of FF games. Good luck to you with your project... Cheesy Grin

DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

Topics: 15
blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:11 pm

You could probably very easily change a knife into a sword. Getting a shield to block projectiles would be a different story. A bow wouldn't be too hard... same as a rocket launcher, which there are many of in many TCs. A boomerang would be a challange, because not only would it have to return to you, it'd have to pick up objects on the way. A bomb would involve placing a explosive with a blast radius. In order to make bombs usefull you'd have to program destructable enviroments. Magic wands you could get away with... All in all it may be possible. I can't really think of any more weapons from Zelda. At least not ones that would help...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:17 pm

im not very good with the coding aspect in some areas, so could u give me an example code to make the weapons shoot projectiles? and also the bomb effect...i never knew Wolf3D was THAT changible! Mr Green I WILL program some of my own stuff, though, but those 2 are ones i wondered how to do!!! as for the boomerang, ill try to code THAT later. maybe it wont pick up objects along the way and bring 'em to you, it will just pick them up.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:02 pm
   Subject: question!!!

instead of doing my Zelda quest...im gonna make a TC that takes place in space. BUT!!! im gonna do something different and i wanna know if its alright:i wish to use a different engine that is VERY similar to Wolf3D. if i am, this will allow me to do much more than regular. i WILL implement some of te Wolf3D source code into the TC, so it will be a combination of the FreeScape engine(the one im using as a base) and the Wolf3D engine. this will be a little difficult...and may take some time...longer than regular TC's, but when its done...it will be good. So...is this alright?
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 54
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:16 pm
   Subject: Re: question!!!

Sounds interesting, but if you do this, could you make a wysiwyg editor for it? It would help you make the levels easier and allow others to help.

<B>Forum Administrator</B>

Topics: 35
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:27 pm
   Subject: Re: question!!!
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Taker wrote:

im a long time player, first time poster on here. im also ALREADY making a Wolf3D add-on game. its a Zelda add-on that i think will be VERY challenging to make because, for those of u who know what Zelda is(which probably all of you do), its a Middle Ages-type game and changing WWII weapons into the swords and bows and arrows, etc. from Zelda is very strange and hard. i will do my best to change Zelda from 2D to 3D FP.

Why? Why the up-and-run from your previous project? Just 11 days ago you were working on this, now you're starting something else. WTF man. Seriously...

Taker wrote:

i need one. tileset would be good. but from ZELDA 1!!! the original one for the NES. i could do it, but im busy with other things right now. also, just so y'all know, im gonna update the graphics on those old things, but those are the graphics i want.
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Addons/Mods/TC's View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: