DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Wolfenstein Hackers
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Addons/Mods/TC's View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
andy3012
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

Topics: 29
uk.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 7:10 am
   Subject: Wolfenstein Hackers
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Im not sure if we are allowed to talk about this, but i need to find out some stuff.
1) what do they do? (what can they do?)
2) Where do i get them? (if i am allowed to talk about them)

Please don't kick me, i wasnt supposed to talk about this Laughing
sentenced
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 5
sao_tome.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 7:27 am
   Subject: Re: Wolfenstein Hackers
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the term "hackers". I will guess and presume that you mean Borland and source code compiling. Here goes:

If you download Borland Compiler v3.1 and the Wolf3D source code, you can edit the core components that essentially make up the game. These components are all written in the programming language "C". This can be done by following an online tutorial - the best one is here:

http://www.btinternet.com/~belowe/

I might be wrong is presuming that this is what you were looking for. Correct me if it wasn't, please.

If I am right, you are allowed to talk about it; as it is perfectly legal.

DieHard Guard

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 7:49 am

I know what a compiler is, but ive read about these things called hackers, where you rip, data from the game, like new wepons and stuff. I really need one because, I have this wolfenstein 3d TC demo, with some nice wepon features, but they removed all the enemies, so i wanted to add them back. I need the wepons because they match the ones I drew: Double Pistols (in the game it was a machine gun, but i could change to double pistols), Shotgun, Gatling Gun.

As I am to dumb, to write my own codes, and everytime i try 2 compile it always messes up, so ill get my friend or somebody to do it. Or if you know of a game thats similar, like with shogun and such please please tell me because I really need it!
IanFranken
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 27
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:41 am

I take it you're talking about Wolf3D editors.

From what I'm gathering about your post, you have a new game with new graphics and you'd like to change the behavior of those new items / weapons you've got going.

The key is in the first reply sentenced gave you...In order to change the behavior of weapons, enemies, items, etc, you'll have to crack open the Wolf3D source code and do some tweaking. I'm afraid that there are not any Wolf3D editors around that can change any weapon, enemy, item, etc behavior (like there are for some other games). The only way to mod the game's behavior in this area is to recompile the source code (pretty easy) or crack open the game with a hex editor (complicated, unless you have the time to learn hex editing inside-out).

You mentioned having some problems with compiling the code. What are they ? Maybe we can help you out. That's what we're here for :) I've not taken the time recently to relearn everything about the code, but there are several good programmers here that should be able to help you (if you can't get help here, try posting in the Code Crackers section of this forum as that's where most of the geniuses hang out).

-Ian
andy3012
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:25 am

Ok, well ive tried compiling twice. The 1st time round, there was unexplainable errors with objects: Signon.obj and (can't remember the other 1)
the 2nd time around i used different source code, but this time when i went to compile, nothing happened. It didnt compile or anything. So im not sure. I want to make a game, with hostages, where they foloow you and pick up guns and shoot for ya. Im sure if i look into it hard enough i'll find something, I also wanted to add, a shotgun, twin pistols, transparent walls, and floor and celing tiles. The closest things i found to what i wanted is the Beyond Wolf, But seeing as i cant edit the code, I have to change maps and Graphics using flo editor. So basically im Stuffed, I Also wanted to add a boss like character, which is stationary, and not very strong health, because on majik monkees image site, i found a bunch of nice green commando characters, by some guy (i think he was called thewolf or something) and i plan on using them. You think you could help me find a tutorial, for compling codes, and a wolfenstein source code which actually works? If so i'd be forever greatful.

Andy
sentenced
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

sao_tome.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:20 am

Here are the steps I followed to successfully compile the Wolf3D code (if you follow them exactly, they will work for anybody):

1. Run to Brian Lowe's Wolf3D Source Code Centre and download "BC31" and "VGA Files" from the download section only - nothing else.

2. Speed over to Micro Borland C3.1 And Wolfenstein 3-D and download "The original Wolfenstein 3-D source code" from the top of the page.

3. Fly towards Brian Lowe's Wolf3D Source Code Centre - Instructions and follow the page from "Setting it up" onwards, paying particular attention to steps four and five in the "Compiling the Code" area.

That's it! Providing that you have access to a full version of Wolf3D, no problems will be presented.

DieHard Guard

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:26 am

hmmm, nothing i do seems to work, i think it would be easier for me to send my code to somebody and they compile it. I am willing to give credit.
sentenced
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

sao_tome.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:48 am

What exactly is wrong? I can't see any apparent flaws in any of the pages I linked you to. Please state your problems.

DieHard Guard

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:34 am

well theres so many errors i can't state them all, some are about the objects, and some are about the code, even if i havn't touched it!
Haasboy
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 58
southafrica.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:58 am

Ok Andy3012, the way sentenced described to on how to compile corretly is 100% correct, in fact go to my site you find another guide on it, here's my address" http://www.thewolfensteincabin.cjb.net. Then once you've finished you have a selection of web sites to go to that'll give tutorials on adding different things to the game.

1- Areyep & MCS Add-ons - Tons of source code tutorials from freeing up memory to adding extra enemies
2- Chaos Software - Hardcore codes such as outside atmosphere, Shading, Directional Sprites (can be used to create seethrough walls), and more
3- WinWolf3D - Some source codes (Guard Blocking, etc)
4- The Wolfenstein Cabin - (My Site) excellent tutorials, such as having 6 keys, etc
5- TexZK's web page - A couple excellent source code tutorials (Stamina, lighting, etc)
6- Brian Lowe's Wolf 3D Source Code Centre &The Wolfenstein Dome - Excellent source code tutorials submited from other wolfers (Motorbike) you can even find the help you posted in the Code Crackers at this website

7- There are sections all over this forum that you can use to help you out in mod creating, if you're still having problems after this then you're wasting your time at editing Wolfenstein, therefor go do something that you don't have to cry like a baby over
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

DieHard Guard

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:16 am

yer, i only ever use the wolfenstein cabin to setup Borland C, But, i think its my source code, so yeh ill start over.

Edit: Ive yet again done what it said to do, and compile does nothing! Theres just all the objects and WL6 in the projects folder and thats it...

Edit: 2nd time round i get 25 errors out 25 for gamepal.obj and signon.obj theyere what always happen.

Edit: same as 1st

Last edited by andy3012 on Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Haasboy
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 58
southafrica.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:55 am

What you might be doing wrong is link your OBJ files up. Post the errors you get Too Cool

DieHard SS

sao_tome.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:07 pm

andy3012 wrote:
yer, i only ever use the wolfenstein cabin to setup Borland C, But, i think its my source code, so yeh ill start over.

Edit: Ive yet again done what it said to do, and compile does nothing! Theres just all the objects and WL6 in the projects folder and thats it...

Edit: 2nd time round i get 25 errors out 25 for gamepal.obj and signon.obj theyere what always happen.

Scroll down the "Projects" window when in Borland and ensure that "gamepal.obj" and "signon.obj" are in the correct directory. This seems to be the cause of your problems.

DieHard Guard

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:34 pm

They are, i put them in C:\source\OBJ like the tutorial said to.

I think i found the problem, it only seems to be compiling one object, do i need to compile them all?

Wait, actually i think ive done it, me being a dumb ass forgot to copy my edited source to C:\TC\BIN
Im sorry to bother you guys, and thanks for helping me out Smile
sentenced
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

sao_tome.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:51 pm

andy3012 wrote:
They are, i put them in C:\source\OBJ like the tutorial said to.

I think i found the problem, it only seems to be compiling one object, do i need to compile them all?

Wait, actually i think ive done it, me being a dumb ass forgot to copy my edited source to C:\TC\BIN
Im sorry to bother you guys, and thanks for helping me out Smile

No problem. The key to success is to carefully follow either tutorial. I'm glad it works for you now.

DieHard Guard

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:14 pm

thanks for the help guys, now all i gotta do is remember to keep backups Razz
Majik Monkee
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

Topics: 81
usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:36 am

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I don't do my own coding... Cheesy Grin

Er...sentenced...that site in your signature isn't one of mine...i'ts a cool site, but it's not my doing...it's too neat... Laughing

DieHard SS

Topics: 27
usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:25 am

Source code hacking is always tough at first, but once you get used to it it becomes automatic and you don't even have to think about how to set things up each time. I've been away from it for so long, though, and haven't been able to commit to it like I've wanted (been pulling a lot of overtime at work lately), so I still get little hic-ups every now and then. I'm hoping to get back into it good and heavy in the next week, though, just to play around with stuff and get used to the code again :)

Personally, I hate the idea of having anyone else compile the source for me because as far as I'm concerned, in the time it takes me to describe exactly what I want to someone via email and IMing, I could have gone out and done it myself and learned a little something in the process. I'm sure this isn't the case with everyone (AreyeP and MCS seem to be a great team), but it's tough finding a decent partner sometimes to work with that knows exactly what you're going for in a game that doesn't want to do things "their way"...If you can see eye-to-eye with someone on a project, that's a blessing :)

-Ian
Majik Monkee
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

Topics: 81
usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:45 am

That having been said, Adam Biser did most of the difficult coding for "Operation: Lezterschutz" before he went on vacation, but I think he forgot a couple minor things (that's what happens when you send 15 different emails each with a different request Laughing). He left me with the source code, which means nothing to me, but will come in handy when it comes time to do those last minor fixes. The main thing I need done is setting the game to only read stats from the first four levels when you finish an episode, because...um...there are only four levels per episode. If anyone's interested, lemme know... Cheesy Grin

Oops...I've strayed from the topic...so...um...how about that source code compiling, eh? Embarassed

DieHard SS

sao_tome.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:12 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Majik Monkee wrote:
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I don't do my own coding... Cheesy Grin

Er...sentenced...that site in your signature isn't one of mine...i'ts a cool site, but it's not my doing...it's too neat... Laughing

Ah, the beauty of the (you) code...

I'll rephrase it - it sounds like I am praising other people's work and not mine (which the website is). Thanks for the comments. Razz

DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Addons/Mods/TC's View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: