DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

mapping help for Die Hard Wolfer's TC needed
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Mapping Mania View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 54
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 6:23 am
   Subject: mapping help for Die Hard Wolfer's TC needed
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

If anyone wants to contribute a map just send it to my e-mail. Here are some map descriptions.

I know you don't have the textures or sprites just yet, but just use the normal wolf maps and textures and sprites and we'll change them when we get all the textures. Or if you want you can supply us with some textures or sprites, just make sure they are not used from other tcs you can however give us things from spear of destiny. If you contribute anything I will give you credit.

EP1 Auschwitz.

1 Outside area gates around, throw in trucks and barbed wire.

2. Soldier barracks.

3. Inside main holding cells, interrogation rooms.

4. Death areas, incinerators.

5. Torture rooms.

6. Expirimentation rooms. Labs.

7. Regal areas. Rooms for officers and such.

8. Regal area, mixed with construction area for mech.

9. The boss level (I beleive.)

10. Whatever the flip you want it to be.

EP-

1. Portal First half some auschwitz, second half portal area - combo textures would be good here.

2. Kind of like a lobby for hell - read dan'te's inferno for ideas.

3.The first damned souls rooms minor torturing goes on here but mostly a hellish prison.

4. Actually see some torturing going on here. Main torturing area.

5. CORE I think this should have a giant center area that you start in tha branches out in different connecting sections like a web.

6. Give it like a devil worshipping look to it. Lots of temple like areas, and symbols on walls.

7. Really bloody scary areas, no more torturing in process but looks like the remains are still left.

8. A big entrance for a gate, like the outside areas of a massive temple. Tons of ammo right before the end of level so that the player can fight the AOD, because unless you want to do more coding you can't have ammo in half submerged areas, or enemies for that matter, unless you have ones tailor made.

9. The boss level again, If I'm not mistaken. Animated blood on walls. You get the idea.

10. I'm not guessing the secret levels.

EP 3

1. Exit portal - portal has to look closed, but we are starting to merge with reality again. Still mostly hellish however.

2. barracks again, but this time fused with hellish areas.

3. Prisons agian, but fused with hellish areas.

4. Torture chambers, but... same thing.

5. Labs but .. same thing.

6. Regal area but... same thing.

7. Finally a non fused area, tons of labs and scienc equipment everywhere.

8. Starting to go into the high tech now - expirimental freaks of nature. Reject clones of BJ and or hitler, remember alien resurrection.

9. Boss level yay the end and all that. Should be a big center of all the scientific efforts.

10. Guess what I'm not doing this one either.
Schabbs
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 33
uk.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:43 am
   Subject: Re: mapping help for Die Hard Wolfer's TC needed
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

What format will the maps need to be in. I'm making mine with Mapedit though they can easily be changed to the Floedit format.

DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:25 am

I'd prefer floedit, because that is what I'm most familiar with. When putting in textures just remember that I will most likely use the purple stone texture for the outside fences.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:20 am

dude, I'll help! I'll be doing the boss levels. I just suck at build what you describe the other 27 levels (or is it 24?)
Schabbs
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 33
uk.gif

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:50 am

There's a Yahoo Club for those interested in helping out with the addon. There's a vswap for download on there in the files section. It's at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DHWTC/

DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

Topics: 18
australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:58 am

I would help but I'm really busy dudes! Just wanna know, What is DHW TC about anywho?

Joel Corrigan Cheesy Grin

DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:11 am

Well since the textures are done, and the objects are mostly done and they're won't be any coding changes to affect the gameplay, the mapping stage is in session. I really need some help here, so if anyone wants to map for this project now's the time to start. One or two maps per person is all I request since this is supposed to be a forum project after all.
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:21 pm

Ok, mapper call! We have 15 more maps left to do. All the major coding changes and art are done, and we have mapdata and objdata files for mapedit available. All boss levels still need to be done and one secret level needs to be done, those are included with the 15 map total.

We have some small coding changes, but we have teleporters! There is a document telling you some guidelines for maps in this tc, and what mapslots are taken. Please if anyone is interested, head to www.groups.yahoo.com/group/dhwtc. Feel free to download all the files and check them out. Thanks, and you will be credited if you help!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:41 pm

I'd like to help with e3m7, but I can't figure out how to set up the files. What the hell is *.rar? I thought it was a compressed file format, but WinZip doesn't recognize it. I'd like to be able to know what exactly it is that I'm working with, before I start working... I can usually crank out a decent map in about six hours, but I need to know how to set it up- there doesn't seem to be any single download that I can download to get me started on modding, and I like to get the feel of the episode, to try to get the maps to fit...

remember: the chickens are restless. it'd be best for you if you weren't caught outside after nightfall, lest they find you and do unspeakables to you...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:04 am

Raistlenn wrote:
I'd like to help with e3m7, but I can't figure out how to set up the files. What the hell is *.rar? I thought it was a compressed file format.

RAR files are similar to ZIP and used by WinRAR. For more information, see them at WinRAR website Cheesy Grin
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:14 am

First you need winrar. That is free at www.rarlabs.com. Sorry about the format, I just can't upload that big of a file without it being a rar. Rar's have better compression. The vswap in there is the normal format vswap.wl6. Ok so you need the exe, the vswap, the mapdata and objdata files (which are for mapedit only) and you should be set. Most of the map files are in mapedit format and need to be inserted into the gamemaps and maphead through mapedit if you would like to view them. We do not currently have a gamemaps and maphead file, because I wanted to wait until all the maps were done before I released it, but if you want it let me know and I'll email you.

The mapguidlines.doc give you suggestions on what your maps should be like. These are by no means set in stone, so do not let them get in the way of your artistic vision, but they are a good spring board for making maps for this TC. Thanks a bunch, hope to see some maps from you.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:17 pm

As much as I hate doing this, I'm going to quote you right after your post:
Ringman wrote:
OK so you need the exe, the vswap, the mapdata and objdata files (which are for mapedit only) and you should be set.
Which exe? The one that mentions something about red tile changing?

Ringman wrote:
Most of the map files are in mapedit format and need to be inserted into the gamemaps and maphead through mapedit if you would like to view them. [b]We do not currently have a gamemaps and maphead file, because I wanted to wait until all the maps were done before I released it, but if you want it let me know and I'll email you.[b]
YES!

Ringman wrote:
The mapguidlines.doc give you suggestions on what your maps should be like. These are by no means set in stone, so do not let them get in the way of your artistic vision, but they are a good spring board for making maps for this TC. Thanks a bunch, hope to see some maps from you.
I chose e3m7 because of the guidelines.

Ringman wrote:
Let me know if you have anymore questions.
I DID...
BTW, what's you email address? You don't have the little button...
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:08 pm

Ok, my email is 1sttriumverate@diplomats.com

I'll send you the gamemaps and maphead file soon, but remember they have some problems, since they aren't quite complete, but it should give you an idea.

The guidelines at the top of this forum topic don't reflect the new guidelines which are alot less strict now. You have more free reign. I usually just take a look at your level and throw it in wherever it seems to fit. The only maps that have major guidelines are the boss levels. So your map may not go into e3m7. Don't worry about it though.

The DHW.exe is the one you need to get. Its in zipped format and yes it does say about the teleporters which is a feature you don't have to really worry about since I'd prefer it not used to much in any episode other than 2, but its your call.

Hope that helps.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:41 am

Thank you.

There seems to be a porblem, though. The title and menu screens are completely messed up, and the status bar is nonexistant. Sad I have screen shots, if you want me to email them to you.
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:17 pm

You need the vga files. This happens when the source code changes. Go to: http://www.btinternet.com/~belowe/vgafiles.zip to get them. Just extract them into your wolf folder and say yes when it asks to overwrite. This should fix your problems. Sorry about all that.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:24 am

no such luck- broken link.

MY MAPPING SHALL START...... TOMORROW NIGHT!
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:53 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I emailed them to you, and posted up the files on the club as well. Hopefully that fixes everything. Thanks for letting me know about all the loose ends.

DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Mapping Mania View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: