DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

DieHard Wolfers TC Screenshot
Page 2 of 2 Goto page Previous  1, 2
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Addons/Mods/TC's View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 56
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:21 am
   Subject: Re: DieHard Wolfers TC Screenshot
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Hmm... I did not know what Halt Stoj meant, as I did not write it. Mr. Wolf submitted a large number of the wall decorations. I merely edited them. Give credit where credit is due, right Mr Green! Is that incorrect? What should it be? I can easily change it, I just want to be sure. Thanks for pointing that out.

DieHard Officer

Topics: 33
sweden.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:57 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

There is a very good place for hosting pics called:
http://www.photobucket.com/
I use it for all my pics and screens and such, it's great.
BTW, Saw the screens at Wolf3d-dome, it looks great Cheesy Grin

Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:25 am

Uh.. I'm already registered with it. Remember the walls I remade for you? Check out where there hosted. Anyway I still need to know if Halt Stoj is correct or not. Anyone want to verify? Give me something else? I can credit someone as german language supervisor or something. Isn't vman the expert on this?

DieHard SS

Topics: 28
blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:23 pm

Hey Ringman, I mentioned it in a polls post, but I'd be willing to help with any outstanding graphical needs.
IanFranken
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 27
usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:14 am

In regards to the German bit, Ringman, "Halt" is German for "Stop" and I'm pretty sure "Stoj" is Polish for "Stop" like Zuljin said (Hell, he's Polish... He should know...). I guess you need the accented O in Stoj, but I'm too lazy to find the code for it now...Smile I guess it would be a multi-lingual sign, which I think would make sense (depending, of course, on your storyline, where it's placed, etc).

Does this mean I get credit as German Language Supervisor now ? Wink lol

-Ian
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:33 am

Thanks, Ian. I guess I'll keep it then. I don't know why a bilingual sign, but I'm pretty sure Mr. Wolf had a reference when using it. I don't know about the supervisor, but if you help some more when we do voices, then cool.

@cheifrebelangel Well, the hardest thing will be enemy edits, if we bother to do them, but I'm not to sure about your style. The highlights and such on your enemies is a little to lost ep for my taste and not quite right for a more traditional wolf mod. Not saying that's a bad thing though.

Replacements of the pot plants, a well, the kitchen utensils would be useful. We want these to be more similar then different if you catch my meaning. Kind of like SR did with a lot of its new graphics, which I've been using as teacher for what to do when it comes to art.

Maybe some cleanups of Joe's weapon art, since your weapons look nice. (No offense Joe, just remember this is a group effort Mr Green ! That and I've already had people help me redo texture art so I understand.)

You can check out the vswap (which has some problems that are being worked on so don't scream when you see some weird art.) at www.groups.yahoo.com/group/dhwtc

DieHard Officer

Topics: 19

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:02 am

It should be bilunguial. Used in a ghetto or a concentration camp. I was just wondering why it said STOJ on the sign.
MrWolf
Can I Play Daddy
Can I Play Daddy

Topics: 4

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:10 am

For the Halt / stoj sign I used an actual sign of a concentration camp as a reference...
funny stuff is that the spelling mistake (no accent) was present in the original aswell.

So it's not incorrect to leave it that way, since during the war germans obviously made mistakes when writing in other languages.
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:17 am

Oh, hey Mr. Wolf. I just wanted to thank you again for doing the wall decorations. People are mostly happy with them, and its been a great help. Feel free to offer any input or help on project development at the yahoo club. Smile

DieHard SS

Topics: 28
blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:02 am

Ringman wrote:
@cheifrebelangel Well, the hardest thing will be enemy edits, if we bother to do them, but I'm not to sure about your style. The highlights and such on your enemies is a little to lost ep for my taste and not quite right for a more traditional wolf mod.

Well, I'm going for a particular look with my mod, a more 'modernized' wolf style. Everything looks more shinny and shadded.
I don't really see the similarities to the 'Lost eps' personally, because the characters from the lost ep are primarlily solid in color, no extensive shading or color mixing on their uniforms. The artwork in the LostEP seems rushed and sloppy at times. Plus the LostEp's walls are not consistent, and really look like they were borrowed from other sources, or some kind of 'wallpaper' collection cd, and touched up with purples and yellows. Look at the LostEP's lab texture (white) collection compared to the stone walls, or the weird triangle purple/blue walls. One looks hand drawn for the game, the other is some scanned photo or something.

I would say my style is closer to the original, but it is hard to tell from my shots I know, you'll just have to see the way my non-character sprites look.

But I could help with the weapons touch-ups, utensil hanger etc...I'll send you some stuff, tell me what you think.
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:49 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I was talking mostly about the colored highlights on things such as the pillar, and the pole, but there is nothing wrong with that. I did not mean to insult your work. I actually like some of the lost episodes stuff.

Anyway, it would be great to see what you can show us.

DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Addons/Mods/TC's View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 2 of 2 Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: