DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

3 more Wolf3D/Spear music remixes ready!
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Audio Adventures View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:02 am
   Subject: 3 more Wolf3D/Spear music remixes ready!
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Hey all,

Further progress has been achieved with my Wolf3D/Spear remixing project.... my goal of remaking all the tunes from both games is still very far off, but in the meantime, three new ditties await your listening:

Wondering About My Loved Ones (Main Menu music)
(2:19 / 160kbps .OGG / 2.56mb)

[url=http://66.155.69.159/temp/wolfsod-funkyou!.ogg]Funk You! (Wolf3D, episode 6, level 10)[/url]
(1:57 / 160kbps .OGG / 2.14mb)

Death To The Nazis (Spear, floor 3)
(2:54 / 160kbps .OGG / 3.16mb)

They are now in OGG format instead of MP3 (it compresses better, sounds better, and loops better)... no worries if you're not familiar with this format, any decent version of Winamp/Foobar/Window$ Media Slayer can play it.

Due to webspace restrictions, I had to remove the previous pieces that were up for download. Which makes me wonder where exactly I'll host the whole thing when all the tunes are done... but that's too far off in the future for me to worry about Wink

Anyway, click and enjoy... comments would be appreciated!
-MG
Loki
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 3
france.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:16 pm
   Subject: Re: 3 more Wolf3D/Spear music remixes ready!
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

First : Your avatar is the better of this forum. Very cool ! Cool

Second : Your work is amazing Exclamation
My favorite music is Wondering About My Loved Ones. They sounds like a motion picture score. The rock version of Funk you ! is great and I like the style of Death To the Nazis.

More ! More ! Too Cool

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:36 am

hahahaha....I love your avatar...brilliant! Secondly, your musics are very good - close to the original music cues, yet so different. Very interesting works of art...if you want, the Dome could host your musics when you complete your project. Smile
JackaL
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 30
newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:58 am

These are wicked! But I hate my 56k dial up modem. cool avatar
Zero X. Diamond
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

Topics: 25
ussr.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:59 pm

Wow, these are awesome! I absolutely love Funk You!

To quote the great Christopher Walken, "I've got a fever. And the only thing that can cure it is MORE COWBELL!"

DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 55
blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:51 pm
   Subject: more food for my eardrums
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Heh. I've had these remixes on my computer since they came out, so I guess I should comment on them with my thoughts sooner or later. For better or worse, here's how I felt about each of your recreations, MountainGoat... Smile

Funk You! - Right away, this song caught my attention positively. I was pretty blown away by the powerful metal style you had for this track, not just because I like metal, but because it's quite different yet still manages to compliment the original song good. Nice hard guitars and snare drum, and like Zero X. Diamond said - can't get any catchier than with a good whack of that cowbell! The double/echo bass hits at around 0:48 threw me off a little, but in sort of a good way. It has a climax too, where high guitars fly out like mad, and I think that works out pretty well. To me, this song is one of those tracks you like on a CD when you first buy it, playing around 100 times on the first few days, but then you realize that it's depth is sort of limited, and eventually stray from it and like the other tracks more when it's initial novelty wears off. But if you don't play it for awhile and come back again, it will always spark your interest again. Personal rating: 8/10

Wondering About my Loved Ones - This one sounds very similar to the original in both it's melody and instruments, so it didn't capture my attention too much at first. As it's going faster than the original, I found it a little harder to "feel" the emotional side of the song, and the thump-thump drums that come around during the second repeat don't seem to really go too well with the smoother stuff around it for me; but the choir at 1:10+ works great. My favorite thing about your version is the Clarinet, it's wonderful, it really manages to give those high notes a great, heartwarming feeling; much better than the strings did in some other version I had from before. I kind of enjoy the power of the timpani, and how it and the brass each take their own ear to make the song feel more "full". Even though I think it's ok that you stuck really close to the original, I feel that this song could use more variation and personal touches to keep it unique and interesting. Personal rating: 6/10

Death to the Nazis - This mix is probably the one that has the longest lasting value for me. It has alot of neat things to offer to the table that you start to appreciate after repeated listenings. I like alot of the background effects and atmosphere, they add to the overall effect of the song. The buildup at the beginning works good, as with how the song builds up and keeps on introducing new things as it progresses through the main sections. Unlike in your menu track, I find that the slash/whipping drums introduced in the second loop at 1:51 work well for this song to keep you pumped and on your toes. It's pretty laidback, but has alot of flavours in it from electro to march to ambient to urban, and I find that the combination works nicely. It's the most complete feeling mix, although I think the last section could some extra instruments to keep it interesting (as the menu song did with the choir); or have an ending section afterwards to kind of cool it down and tie it back to it's roots at the start. Personal rating: 8/10

Anyways, can't wait to see if you have other songs you have up your sleeve; although I can certainly wait until whenever you're ready. Your Wolfenstein remixes are always a treat to check out! Wink
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Audio Adventures View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: