DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Does anybody know of...
Page 2 of 2 Goto page Previous  1, 2
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Other Wolf3d Based Games View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:25 pm
   Subject: Re: Does anybody know of...
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Right now all I might be able to contribute is maps and ideas. I have some unfinihsed ideas I'll post later. BTW, when does this project officialy "start"? I'm interested to see what we can do to makeover O:BC. Smile
ChiefRebelAngel
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 28
blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:42 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I'm not sure when it will "officially" begin, the future of this project hinges on whether an experienced code master will contribute some of their time. I'd say go ahead and begin designing levels, because I've already drawn up a rough mp5. I know that there was no mp5 in O:BC, but this is a redux!! We can add whatever we want. I'll start an Uzi design when I have time, meanwhile, I have to work on some things for DHWTC.
Adam Biser
Utility Developer
Utility Developer

Topics: 46
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:39 pm

So are you going to be using the original EXE or a new one? This will let me know how soon I need to get WDC working for OBC files.

DieHard SS
DieHard SS

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:15 pm

I'm going to follow Ringman's example and open a yahoo member account, it seems like an easy way to collect and distribute files. You can begin the WDC O:BC 'upgrade' (adding O:BC is an upgrade?? Cheesy Grin ) whenever you have the time Adam. No rush to get it done tomorrow or anything, but whenever you have the time to spare. I'll set up the the Yahoo group in a couple of days.

Let it be known that I'm in no way electing myself project leader here, I'm not good at coordinating people and plans. Besides, Ringman has already requested, been nominated and excepted that position Mr Green !!
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 55
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:54 pm

ChiefRebelAngel wrote:
Let it be known that I'm in no way electing myself project leader here, I'm not good at coordinating people and plans. Besides, Ringman has already requested, been nominated and excepted that position Mr Green !!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH! *Begins pulling hair out*

Seriously, I am willing to help, but I need to play through all of OBC. Anyone know a way to make this easier on me so I can suffer less? Also, you should use the original exe. I think if you were going to change that you might as well not bother doing an OBC upgrade and just make a mod using another engine witht he features you want and or need. But that's JMO.

DieHard SS

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:14 pm

Here you go, a description of the new Yahoo! group for the one...the only...OPERATION:BODY COUNT!!! YAY!! Cheesy Grin

"A group of modders so hardcore, so underground, so grim, they will attempt to dive into the heart of the most horrid, most sour and putrid of classic games...Operation:BodyCount!!

The quest: convert Capstone's classic failure into an interesting, intruiging and beautiful first person murder experience!! Every possible aspect of the game must be changed: The floors, walls, terrorists, weapons, sounds, colors, story, and even...THE CEILINGS!!

If you are grim, and are true of heart, then join this sacred coven, a quest is at hand, this fellowship shall dispatch the cruel and vile fundimentalist terrorist outfit...with extreme bludgeoning force!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

JOIN UP NOW AND SAVE $10.00 off the purchase...just kidding..no catch or coupon. --> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OPBodycount

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:43 pm

ChiefRebelAngel wrote:
Here you go, a description of the new Yahoo! group for the one...the only...OPERATION:BODY COUNT!!! YAY!! Cheesy Grin

"A group of modders so hardcore, so underground, so grim, they will attempt to dive into the heart of the most horrid, most sour and putrid of classic games...Operation:BodyCount!!

The quest: convert Capstone's classic failure into an interesting, intruiging and beautiful first person murder experience!! Every possible aspect of the game must be changed: The floors, walls, terrorists, weapons, sounds, colors, story, and even...THE CEILINGS!!

If you are grim, and are true of heart, then join this sacred coven, a quest is at hand, this fellowship shall dispatch the cruel and vile fundimentalist terrorist outfit...with extreme bludgeoning force!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

JOIN UP NOW AND SAVE $10.00 off the purchase...just kidding..no catch or coupon. --> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OPBodycount

I can picture it all now, "Extreme Makeover: Operation: Body Count Edition"! Laughing

EDIT: Just joined the group, hope this goes somewhere!
JoeWolf
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 2
uk.gif

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:20 am

Count me in on the art team!

*Pushes weapons aside and starts drawing textures*

I agree with whoever said we needed a plan! Making a plot and what have you could be useful.

PS. Vote Ringman for leader! Say Ringleader!

Ringleader!

DieHard SS

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:32 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

That's excellent!! I could see this project doing very well with you guys on board. But where is the Ringleader?? He must be summond.

Keep 'em coming guys! This shouldn't be a half-assed attempt, it should be a real professionally produced project! We could do something great here!

@JoeWolf, it's great to have you as a member, your art will greatly enhance this game! As soon as The Ring shows up, we can begin discussions on everything!

For instance, should we keep the terrorists so ethnically middleeastern? Or should we go for a more generic eastern-European threat?

I wouldn't want to focus on a particular group or sect of terrorism, and I'm questioning even using the mid-eastern terrorist stereotype. Although I'd personally say that the Hamas fighters have pretty cool uniforms, with their belaclavas and green hedbands w/ arabic script on them. They would look very interesting in a video game setting....

DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Other Wolf3d Based Games View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 2 of 2 Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: