DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

File DL & Reviews
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> News & Forum Rules View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator
<B>Forum Administrator</B>

Topics: 153
canada.gif

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:33 pm
   Subject: File DL & Reviews
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Once again, MCS has given me the thumbs up to add yet another feature to the forums. We'd also like to that Brian for his permission in linking to the files on his site - which really makes this possible.

The "File DL & Reviews" will do the following:

1. Count the number of Downloads of the software from the File DL & Review area....
2. Rate the Software - You the members get to rate each piece from 1 to 10.
3. Allow the posting of Reviews and comments about each game.
4. Allows you to email a friend telling them about a specific piece of software.
5. Creates stats for the files in the system...
6. Creates a Top10 List of files downloaded..

You can sort the file listing by name, downloads, and rating in each of the seperate categories OR, you can view a list of all of the files listed on the system.

This is the piece of software that I have been looking for for the forums. It essentially removes the need for the U-Rate-It area... as all reviews and comments can be placed within the DL database. It also will give a more realistic rating of each piece of software, rather than the charts. I haven't decided if the charts will be removed... but the U-Rate-It area will be phased out shortly. This will also allow me to remove the Download areas from the actual Bunker and keep things more organized. Who knows.. maybe the Bunker will be merged into the forums completely..

The files will be added shortly, along with a slew of categories (to make things easier to find). Although, with the list of all available files, it may take a little while.

Enjoy and say thanks to MCS and Schabbs...

Greg
BrotherTank
Forums Admin
JackaL
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 30
newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:38 pm
   Subject: Re: File DL & Reviews
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

can you link your TCs or something here?
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator
<B>Forum Administrator</B>

Topics: 153
canada.gif

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:50 pm

JackaL wrote:
can you link your TCs or something here?

No... but the admins / moderator (Brian if he'd like the job) will be able to add files to the database as they become available. I'm updating the database for now... and with all the files out there, it will take a little while to get everything included.

In the meantime, everyone can vote/rate each piece of software and post reviews/comments (but lets keep them clean) about each game ... as well as download them if you don't already have them in your collection.

Greg
BrotherTank
Arielus
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 20
argentina.gif

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:28 am

I know this is just starting, and that not every future change is for certain yet, but I myself would like the charts to remain the way they are. I like how all these new additions sound, and I think it would be very nice to have them, but I also enjoy checking how the mods have progressed on the charts over the weeks; how many votes -positive and negative- each of them has got, etc. I do agree they aren't very informative for people wanting to download mods, because they can't get an idea of the mod they're grabbing apart from its position on the charts, so perhaps another section with more information would be appropriate, yes. However, I believe the charts we have now are, in a way, a reflection of how the mod catalogue has progressed throughout the months, how people's opinions have developed... I think there's a nice deal of history in there... If it is not much of a problem, would it be possible to keep them somehow?

I don't know what others think about this, to be honest; and as I've said, I know not every future change is for certain yet, but well, I just thought I'd speak my mind. Smile

Peace,

Ariel.

DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 55
blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:00 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Arielus wrote:
However, I believe the charts we have now are, in a way, a reflection of how the mod catalogue has progressed throughout the months, how people's opinions have developed...

To be honest, I haven't voted anything up or down on the charts since June. Like you though, Ariel, I do like checking up on it from time to time to see how things are doing. One problem I found (when I was voting) was that I kept wanting to shape the charts into "my" top 10 list - and it became more of a strange habit and obsession every week than anything; though it was fun.

I was pretty surprised that a lot of addons that I voted hot are still up there; though (just about everything in the top 10). Some of them that I kept voting not seem to have made their way up the list though; like The Final Solution and Project Totengraebar, while quite a few I really liked have moved down substantially; like all of Gary Ragland's sets and Alien Wolf. Like you said, it's interesting to watch (a few cool surprises, like Ken's Labyrinth and The Tower moving up a lot). Smile
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> News & Forum Rules View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: