DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

DHWTC needs artists of all types.
Page 2 of 2 Goto page Previous  1, 2
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Artists Archive View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
Adam Biser
Utility Developer
Utility Developer

Topics: 46
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:32 pm
   Subject: Re: DHWTC needs artists of all types.
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

@BrotherTank: thanks for the position definitions. I'll take a look at things.

DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 55
usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:07 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Totally awesome Job BT!!!! I really like the bolts around it. I have a few questions though:

1. May I use your weapon images for the pickup sprites? I really love them. You'll get credited for that too.

2.The middle space is for the face, right? The little head may be subject to change to match whatever we end up using for a face.

Thanks for the contribution. I'll probably use the blue one since I like that one the best. Thanks! You're credited.

<B>Forum Administrator</B>

Topics: 153
canada.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:52 am

Adam Biser wrote:
@BrotherTank: thanks for the position definitions. I'll take a look at things.

No problem Adam.... I figured I had to check out the bars against the code anyhow (for proper spacing), so it was just a gathering of the information... It makes life easier. I didn't list all the changes as there are still changes in the face for when BJ gets the Chaingun and it displays the "GotGatlinGun" pic... but the numbers are correct for the listing and easily changed into the rest of the code.

Ringman wrote:
Totally awesome Job BT!!!! I really like the bolts around it.

Thanks... You said you wanted a computer panel type thing... I couldn't do a computer (within the space), but I could do a rack style panel with the handles on the edge and bolt lines.

Ringman wrote:
I have a few questions though:

Haha... very good... I asked so many, I expected a few in return... lol....

Ringman wrote:
1. May I use your weapon images for the pickup sprites? I really love them. You'll get credited for that too.

Sure..... But to be honest... the weapons are mostly cut and paste stuff (see the original Rott spec graphics). A trim here, a few pixel changes there and made the larger Rott graphics fit within the original weapon space. Even the numbers are just a cut and paste...Smile

Ringman wrote:
2.The middle space is for the face, right? The little head may be subject to change to match whatever we end up using for a face.

That's fine as long as the graphic height and width don't change. You have to remember that the statusbar works on a character format. ie. All graphics must be divisible by 8 pixels in width as there are 40 spaces across the statusbar. The height isn't as critical as that can be adjusted by individual pixel. ie: a define of 1, 8 is really 8,8 on the screen... a define of 2,10 is really 16,10 on the screen and so on.

Ringman wrote:
Thanks for the contribution. I'll probably use the blue one since I like that one the best. Thanks! You're credited.

LOL... You liked the blue one... I liked the red to be honest... but both work nice. What is really interesting is changing the DrawSides routines to make the rest of the screen match the same colour as the statusbar. Then they really take on a new dimension.

Anyhow, enjoy...

Greg
BrotherTank
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:02 am

Y'know what I think I'll go with your opinion and use the red one. It would be nice to see your work represented as you like it. I like them both, I just favored the original look since the original had blue, but the red would fit nicely with the hellish aspect of the mod.

canada.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:08 am

Ringman wrote:
Y'know what I think I'll go with your opinion and use the red one. It would be nice to see your work represented as you like it. I like them both, I just favored the original look since the original had blue, but the red would fit nicely with the hellish aspect of the mod.

Either way, I liked the blue too... don't get me wrong. The red just shows a little more definition because it's a brighter colour on my monitor. On your's it might be that the blue shows just as much....

Oh... and for the weapons... I used the Rott original spec status bar pics for weapons 1, 2, 3, and 5... 5 looked a much better match than 4 for the chaingun. And in the original graphics spec they have sprites for each of those weapons (sans knife of course).

Anyhow, go with what you like, as I really like them both. They are truely the same, just set to a different colour. The blue is a direct match to the original blue.. So it doesn't require the little blue bar to be removed from each of the 20+ BJ faces pics. If you use the red, you will have to edit all those facepics (which was something I wasn't going to do at the time).

Enjoy,

Greg
BrotherTank
Adam Biser
Utility Developer
Utility Developer

Topics: 46
usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:28 am

Looks good BrotherTank... and everyone else too, some good stuff in this thread and the galleries.
The artistic ability of this forum is definitely heightening.

DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 30
newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:49 am

Well I was have just been looking through the list of whats needed, and have taken a few of my old stuff that you may want to use.

A floor lamp

You said you needed all the treasures replaced, well here is some of my treasures which I made quite a while back, I've never got around to make a good looking treasure box, but I might try soon.

Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:13 am

@BT: I have to replace all the BJ facepics anyway. Razz Thanks, again. I'll check out the rott original spec graphs and see if the weapons fit.

@Adam: Yeah isn't it great?! People are all discovering that they have talent! I think we're nearing a wolf renaissance here! Oh, and I emailed you something, just let me know if you got it.

@Jackal: OOOOOH! Shocked Love the lamp. (makes gay hand motions) The treasures look great too, but could be better if white shines were added. Were the treasures from scratch?

DieHard SS

Topics: 27
usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:42 am

Damn! Too bad you don't need anymore wall panels Sad That's really more my area of expertise at the moment (I'm learning how to make somewhat decent looking sprites, though).

Oh well... I need to get back to work on the whole storyline thing anyway. I'm starting to feel guilty for leaving you hanging after all this time Neutral Great work from all of you, though... Especially impressed with BrotherTank's statusbars (You definitely have grown as an artist, Greg!). But hell, not a bad sprite from any of you. This is gonna be one great looking mod at the very least!

-Ian

canada.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:45 am

Ringman wrote:
@BT: I have to replace all the BJ facepics anyway. Razz Thanks, again. I'll check out the rott original spec graphs and see if the weapons fit.

Sure.. No problem... just letting you know where they came from. Also, I will be posting shortly in the Image Gallery (Photo Album)... a complete set of different digital number sets. So you might want to see if other number sets look better against either colour statusbar. As that might also make it easier to decide between the red and the blue.. Smile

Anyhow... I really wish that people would start posting the images into the Image Gallery... As an example... Rather than post them to some other hosted site... The other site goes down, or changes hotlinking of graphics etc... the pictures posted within messages become blanks. It's easier to have them all in one place, easy to define, and easy for everyone to share...

Greg
BrotherTank

Last edited by BrotherTank on Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:10 am

@Ian: If by wall panels you mean textures we need a texture that looks extremely close to the sod hell texture but is from scratch. Chief wanted to do it, but he's got alot of stuff he's doing right now as it is.

canada.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:51 am

There you go Ringman...

The digital sets I have to choose from are now posted in the image gallery... So there are 24 different colours to choose from. The white isn't that bad... but maybe with the use of some of the other colours, you might consider the blue statusbar again....

I sound like one of Bush's people.... (he's flip-flopping again)... lol...

Greg
BrotherTank
ChiefRebelAngel
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 28
blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:18 pm

I've uploaded the chaingun, I designed it to look like Brother Tank's hud version of the Triad Chain gun from the ROTT original specs. It is in a .zip file, so insert it into DHWTC and play around.

The hell walls and a few levels are on the way...
Metal Overlord
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 33
sweden.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:01 am

I made an edit of the Blake Stone loot-sprite.

I added shadow to it, changed the colors on the "box" itself and changed the color of the gold and stuff inside a bit.
But the red color looks weird, IMO, But if you don't like it, I can edit it.

Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:05 am

@BT I think I like the light green numbers the best. Nice set, and a nice idea.

@Chief Thanks, man! I'll check it out.

@Metal Could you post the original sprite you used as a base? The chest looks good, but the colors are rather weird.

DieHard Officer

sweden.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:07 am

Ringman wrote:
@BT I think I like the light green numbers the best. Nice set, and a nice idea.

@Chief Thanks, man! I'll check it out.

@Metal Could you post the original sprite you used as a base? The chest looks good, but the colors are rather weird.

I know, the colors turned out rather weird. You can tell me the colors you would like to have on it and I can edit it.
Here's the original Blake Stone loot-sprite:

Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:45 am

While the treasure chest looks really nice, I'd really like to credit your for something that is your own original work. Try drawing a treasure chest or a diamond or gems or a pile of neclaces or something other kind of treasure and post that. I could do alot of this myself, but this is a group project and I want to give people a chance to have their work in a mod.

I've seen your work Metal. I know you can do great things if you give yourself a chance! Smile

DieHard Officer

sweden.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:33 am

Ringman wrote:
While the treasure chest looks really nice, I'd really like to credit your for something that is your own original work. Try drawing a treasure chest or a diamond or gems or a pile of neclaces or something other kind of treasure and post that. I could do alot of this myself, but this is a group project and I want to give people a chance to have their work in a mod.

I've seen your work Metal. I know you can do great things if you give yourself a chance! Smile

Ok, I decided to follow your advice, well I tried at least, here is a blue diamond sprite:

Well, I tried.........

Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:52 am

Wow! That's not only good looking, but you whipped that up pretty fast. Completely original? If so you are evolving every day! I may just use this! Hey, why not make a crown that looks kind of like a jewel studded burger king crown as opposed to the current crown in the original game?

@Jackal: Before I forget, I decided to use your cross, and I may use your chalice. Thanks!

DieHard Officer

sweden.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:07 am

Ringman wrote:
Wow! That's not only good looking, but you whipped that up pretty fast. Completely original? If so you are evolving every day! I may just use this! Hey, why not make a crown that looks kind of like a jewel studded burger king crown as opposed to the current crown in the original game?

Yup, completly original, done from scratch. I have to admit that it's one of the best sprites I've ever made.
Hmm... Why not, I can try, just like I did with the diamond. Very Happy

JackaL
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:20 am

Where can I fid the Rott original specs art? if there is any...
Metal Overlord
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

sweden.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:23 am

JackaL wrote:
Where can I fid the Rott original specs art? if there is any...

At www.3drealms.com.
BTW, Ringman, Here is the crown *drums*:

Ta-dah!

Last edited by Metal Overlord on Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
JackaL
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:26 am

Cheers for that

just if ya still needed water, or you could change them to blood
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:14 pm

@Jackal: I recolored the top water red and made it our new blood. Thanks man!

@Metal The crown looks pretty good except for a few things. First it's way too big also the middle section is a little long and finally your shading is to pronounced it shouldn't be as dark as it is on the sides, these are minor, other then that. Nice job! You can clean it up, or I will, oh and I used your diamond it is now replacing the chalice. Thanks!

Edit: I did an edit of your crown, you'll still get credit if you like it, plus I used your diamond and your keys so you'll get credit anyway! Do you like it?

DieHard SS

Topics: 28
blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:04 am

Hell texture...supposed to resemble layers of blood soaked flesh nailed to the walls..

A cheap hype inducing (i hope) shot of the chaingun... Cool

The .zip for the hell walls has been uploaded to the group.

Episode 1 level 2 (concentration camp theme continued) is almost complete. I just need to finish the floor codes and enemy placement, and it'll be done. After that, if you like it, I'll draw up some more!

Biatch!

-The Chief
Metal Overlord
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

sweden.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:53 am

Ringman wrote:
@Jackal: I recolored the top water red and made it our new blood. Thanks man!

@Metal The crown looks pretty good except for a few things. First it's way too big also the middle section is a little long and finally your shading is to pronounced it shouldn't be as dark as it is on the sides, these are minor, other then that. Nice job! You can clean it up, or I will, oh and I used your diamond it is now replacing the chalice. Thanks!

Edit: I did an edit of your crown, you'll still get credit if you like it, plus I used your diamond and your keys so you'll get credit anyway! Do you like it?

Yeah, it looks like a real crown now. Bjeutifull!
@Chief: Shocked
Oh, Ringman, I made another treasure, this time, it's a magical, mystical ball:

Could be used as an extra life too.

Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:11 am

@Chief I agree with Metal Shocked Nice job! I can't wait to see your map! Keep up the good work!

@Metal Good job with the orb, I think I will use that as the extra life, I can make a translucent head in it of whatever the face ends up being for the game. Thanks. Also I'm glad you liked the crown edit. Don't stop working hard.

DieHard SS

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:12 pm

Im not sure if I read right, but you needed something on a pike. If you want you can edit it or whatever.
I could be of some use
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:28 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

jackal that looks pretty cool, but I think it's not quite what I was looking for. Freaky though. Cheesy Grin

DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Artists Archive View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 2 of 2 Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: