DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Testing a Fix for the Map 11 Bug
Page 2 of 2 Goto page Previous  1, 2
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> AReyeP & MCS Games Support View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:28 pm
   Subject: Fix for EOD level 11 crash
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I think I figured a way around the crash. First go to level 11 and save in the elevator. Then get Chris' fix and load up level 11. It SHOULD work now at leat it did for me.
Hair Machine
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 8
uk.gif

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:14 pm
   Subject: Re: Getting it to work in DosBox
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Nah, the problem is Ripper's shading routines. That's what causes the very very long delay... My hypothesis is that DosBox takes a very long time to load the shade tables, and on some computers this can seem like forever... but it should eventually get there. However, on such crappy laptops (like mine) the game usually runs at a grindingly slow pace... the shading and F/C textures really take out the framerate. Even without all those features it's still really quite irritatingly slow and rubbish. Bad news, so sorry! Sad

I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 30
canada.gif

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:35 pm
   Subject: EOD Malfunction. :(

This is quite sad. Right at the beginning of Map 11. I get an NTVDM.exe CPU clock error, telling me it has recieved illegal instructions. It quits every time. It's quite unfair. Anyone know what might cause this?

Best Regards
Erick

P.S: Those challenge levels are near impossible. I spent 3 hours on the first one trying to get passed 4 Super clones. :/ Very hard Very Happy
Dugtrio17
Code Master
Code Master

Topics: 49
usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:04 pm
   Subject: Re: EOD Malfunction. :(

Really? It's only happened to you, really. Just look at the EOD forum. You're the only victum thus far, so I'd recommend a new computer. Smile

Topics: 57
blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:22 pm
   Subject: Re: Fix for EOD level 11 crash

Haha... you're right SuperMikio. Bear in mind that certain characteristics from level 10 will still be loaded into the saved game (floorcode effects, secret passage locations, wall animations); which might make the level a little funky, but this trick that you and Kyle mentioned should give people a pretty good taste of what level 11 is like.

I found a pretty easy way to beat the level too! Just run to the unlocked "Achtung!" door in the main room, open it, shoot, then wait by the yellow key room with the two Hitler pictures for about 10 seconds. A guard should open the door, so just shoot him in the doorway, and search around that area for the elevator key. Of course, just because you can get to the elevator that fast doesn't mean that it's not fun to explore the challenges and oddities of the rest of the level though. Wink
Spiritblade-inc
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 30
canada.gif

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:58 pm

A new computer is out of the question. :/ This is a NEW computer. 1.7 Gig Processor. 2 gb of ram. Radeon 9200 Card. 8x motherboard etc.
Dugtrio17
Code Master
Code Master

Topics: 49
usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:19 pm

I was only kidding. It's a problem many have experienced on that level.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:39 pm
   Subject: Re: Fix for EOD level 11 crash

Ummm where is the chris fix? Razz
Erick/Spiritblade

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:29 pm
   Subject: Level 11 + Chris Fix = How you get Blood Key?

K, after i hit the switch down at the end of the hall, nothing opens, i hear a sound, but nothing actually opens. I checked the entire level. No opened wall, nothing pushed back. Wtf?

Best Regards
Erick
Arielus
DieHard Mutant
DieHard Mutant

Topics: 25
usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:51 am
   Subject: Re: Level 11 + Chris Fix = How you get Blood Key?

Erick/Spiritblade wrote:
K, after i hit the switch down at the end of the hall, nothing opens, i hear a sound, but nothing actually opens. I checked the entire level. No opened wall, nothing pushed back. Wtf?

Best Regards
Erick

I've finished level 11 with 100% ratios, as well as every other level in the game. Believe it if you want to, don't believe it if you don't want to, but everything is findable, collectable, and killable. To make sure of that very thing is why AReyeP and MCS kept the mod being tested for so long. Were I you, I'd stop posting wtf? nonsenses already. I don't know about the rest, but I'm starting to get tired of 'em.

Ariel.

PS: And no, I ain't gonna tell you how to beat level 11.

DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 57
blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:27 am

Well, Erick is playing a version of level 11 that is not quite like yours Ariel. Wink

His version is a saved game, which uses a base of level 10 for everything that the saved game doesn't account for. If you look in the Source Code, saved games don't keep track of everything, for instance: secret passages; so it would be unlikely that he could get a 100% secret ratio; as the passages from level 10 may be directed towards walls in the middle of nowhere in level 11 - lol.

If I was to run his level 11 saved game with a base of level 12, the effects of the saved game would be a little different. I can now get the guard to open the locked yellow door faster, one of the chandeliers lowers my health, and when I enter the Hitler Room room walking straight, it teleports me behind the toilet! But with the level 10 base, there's more sporadic animated walls, and some secret passages are on the same location as doors. So, as you can see, saved games can act a little different than they're supposed to if they do not match with the base level that was loaded into memory; it's now more co-dependant.

Of course, if you were to die in a saved game that uses another level as a base, the level would switch entirely to the base level; which would be fully accurate (unless the exe has certain things programmed into that specific level, and you changed that level... which I did here); but I think most customizable effects in EoD are based inside the gamemaps itself... like in WolfPlus; so if you died, level 10 should play pretty accurately in level 11's spot. Just a few random thoughts.
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator
<B>Forum Administrator</B>

Topics: 153
canada.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:51 am
   Subject: Testing a Fix for the Map 11 Bug

I sent MCS a copy of Kyle's saved game file (ala Chris who sent it to me). Along with that file, I sent an explanation of what was happening in the game. He has looked at it and sent me back a new EXE to test. I will be testing it today...

Unfortunately, it will not load previously saved games. He said it wouldn't, and I tried it already and it doesn't work with previously saved games. Give me a few hours to get to Level 11, and make sure that this fix works.

Thanks

Greg
BrotherTank
EoD Beta Team Member
Jackass-Buster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:38 am

Ah well, sorry to say. Ariel, you're a jackass. Smile 11 Chris-Fix is much different when compared to the original level. the Blood Key in 11 Chris-Fix is in the same place as level 10. Thus it is impossible to get the |3lood key. I beat the level by using the "ILM" cheat, only it's different. (Obviously, why would it be the same?) Unfortunately i lost all my scores. Sad I got 50% of the secrets and about 50% kills. Ariel, I suggest you play the Chris fix before you have anything to say. K thnx.

P.S: The game's awesome, just what is with the random crashes every now and then?
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator

canada.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:01 am

Jack_Buster... aka SpiritBlade...

There is no need to talk to people like that. Ariel is right... in the original maps during the beta we had no problem with Level 11. The problem that everyone seems to be having with 11 is not that they can't finish it, but rather they can't play it because the game freezes.

This fix by Chris, while it does work... is not the solution to the problem. While yes it allows you to go on in the game (as it replaces a map in the game with another), I'm sure that whatever was causing the problems in the first place will probably affect other maps somewhere in the game.

To ALL: Please be patient. I have sent MCS one of the saved games with the problem... He has sent me an EXE to test. I am testing it now. And hopefully it will correct the problem that everyone is having. I hope to know in a few hours.

ALSO NOTE: The new Exe will not work with previously saved games. Sorry but you will have to start the game fresh.

Greg
BrotherTank
EoD Beta Team Member
lakota_bucksnort
Don't Hurt Me
Don't Hurt Me

Topics: 6
usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:22 am

Hiya Greg......I have not encountered the level 11 problem yet.......i got 2 steps out and got murdered.....thank god for saved games!!!!!!!Having just started 11, I'm sure if there is a bug, I'll find it...being the nosey old woman I am, I must explore everything.....and to that RUDE, Nasty, young man who keeps complaining about small bugs.....If you had paid for this game, I could see a reason to gripe....It was free, also it was the combined effort of many people who worked hard to finish it....Sooooo SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! regards all, and you to Chris!......Lakota

http://themutantcoltd.110mb.com
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator

canada.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:31 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

lakota_bucksnort wrote:
Hiya Greg......I have not encountered the level 11 problem yet.......i got 2 steps out and got murdered.....thank god for saved games!!!!!!!Having just started 11, I'm sure if there is a bug, I'll find it...being the nosey old woman I am, I must explore everything.....

Thanks Lakota... It seems that not everyone is affected by it for some reason... There are some that can play the level and others that can't. I'm on level 5 with the new EXE and no problems to report as of yet. For most though, it seems to freeze at the start (or thereabouts) of level 11.

To ALL: Once I get to 11... (and no I'm not going after secrets or anything special)... I will report to MCS and AReyeP with the results. And then either everyone will have a new EXE or something else will have to be done. Either way... I would suggest that in the meantime, rather than going forward with the "Chris Fix"... you would be better off to go back and play the earlier areas to find things that you have missed - aka try for 100% ratios and find the secret areas before level 11.

Greg
BrotherTank
EoD Beta Team Member
Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Time synchronized with the forum server time
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> AReyeP & MCS Games Support View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 2 of 2 Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: