DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Question for the moderators
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Speak to Us View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:52 pm
   Subject: Question for the moderators
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Hey,

Regrettably I don't post here a lot... but it seems like every time I come back after a few months of absence I find that my old username/email address has been banned, and all my old posts are marked "Guest". Surprised This is the third time I've registered with this username (different email address each time, because of the ban).

Any idea as to why this happens? In both of my previous tenures I've only made a handful of posts on the Audio Adventures forum, and I fail to remember making any bannable offenses.

Perhaps just a phpBB quirk that could be fixed, or something? Would appreciate it if you look into it. Thanks,

MG
Zombie_Plan
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 101
australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:01 pm
   Subject: Re: Question for the moderators
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Perhaps, not coming to the forum after a certain amount of time causes this?

Welcome to 2016, where DHW still thinks it is okay to ban the world's most popular email service provider, and I can't have an avatar over 10kb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:51 pm

Remember you just need to read the house (BT's) rules says that if you are not post or visit here for 150 (something like that) days then it will lead to lose your account from this forum.

If you want to keep in check for good news in this forum, then log in and post something what you read them... Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:19 pm

Ah, thanks. I can see the logic in closing down inactive accounts... but banning is rather unnecessary, isn't it?

Oh well - since I'm back to being a n00b (for the 3rd time Wink) I better not start questioning the house rules, hahah... I'll just keep in mind to log in every once in a while, should be simple enough.
Arielus
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 20
argentina.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:17 am

This is just an idea that may or may not work, I'm not really sure... See what happens if you switch your status to 'away' every time you know you won't be posting for a while. For example, Kuki's status has been like that for some time now, and some minutes ago, I saw him posting again. If I'm not mistaken, he had not posted in quite a long time, yet his account always remained active during that long time. Now, exactly how much time had passed between his last message and the one I saw some minutes ago, I do not know, but I'd say it was a decent amount of days...

I may not be completely accurate regarding Kuki's example, and perhaps wrong regarding the idea itself, but give it a whirl anyway; perhaps it's the answer to your question.

Ariel.

<B>Forum Administrator</B>

Topics: 153
canada.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:21 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Now that those that think they know the answers have spoken... Those that really do will.

Your previous accounts were deleted due to inactivity during a time when the forums were somewhat restricted due to server HD space. The limitations on HD space have since been removed as Yahoo greatly increased the amount of space available on Areyep.com. Since that time, MCS has given the forums the go-ahead to use more of the HD server space.

Call it house cleaning to reduce the amount of HD server space required for the forums.

As to your previously used emails.... Yes, I can say that they have been banned if you were using yahoo, gmail, hotmail, etc... I have since installed an update to the ban section of the forums that allows me to ban complete e-mail hosts. We have done this because I am tired of receiving bounced emails from those host sites saying "Account Does Not Exist". Again, this was put in place to stop people from using 3rd party hosting to validate themselves. We now want your proper ISP e-mail address for signup purposes.

Those that are existing accounts can continue to use the banned email hosts until such time that they too start bouncing.

And to those that answered and speculated... Please read the "Description" of this forum. It clearly asks that people allow the Admin/Moderators to answer the questions posted here.

Greg
BrotherTank
Forums Admin
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Speak to Us View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: