DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

A Christmas Story
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Tale Tellers View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator
<B>Forum Administrator</B>

Topics: 153
canada.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:11 am
   Subject: A Christmas Story
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Here's a little storyline that some might recognize, others may not... But... I believe it could make a great modification.

Santa has come in many forms, but it seemed only fitting that, a few hundred years ago, he was replaced by a more efficient "Robot" version. Santa (the original) created this version of himself to ease the load on him and give him some needed rest. Little did Santa know that in doing so, he would be putting not only his own life, but those of the world in danger.

It's the year 12-24-3013. Yep.. Christmas eve. A joyus time for most, but this year, the real Santa is pleading for everyone to lock their doors and block their chimneys. Close any entrance that might allow the now Evil Santa Claus Robot to enter your house.

It seems that something has gone wrong with the Robot Santas programming. He's decided that everyone is on the naughty list this year. While this might seem trivial to some (some don't care about coal in their stocking), the Robot Santa has decided his gift to those that don't measure up is "death". This year, the Robot Santa will be gunning for everyone!

He's prepared an army.... Outfitted them with weapons... He's closed the toy factories, putting the elves out of work. He's starving them. He's turned the northpole into a massive base, highly guarded and protected by his thugs. He's shutting down Christmas City.

Your job, as the real Santa, is to take back Christmas. Rescue the elves from the Robot Santa's clutches. You must destroy the Robot Santa and take back Christmas City. Are you up to the task?

(Futurama - with some editing)
Greg
BrotherTank

Edit: (Sung to the tune of Santa Claus is Comming to Town)

You better watch out,
You better not cry,
Better hide out,
I'm telling you why:
Santa's on a rampage this year...

He's making this list...
He's checking it twice...
He'll gun you down if your naughty or nice...

He'll kill you when you're sleeping.
He's snapped and it's your fate.
He out for blood and guts this year,
So watch out for goodness sake!

Oh, you better watch out!
You better not cry.
Better hide out,
I'm telling you why:

Oh yes, Santa's hunting you down this year!
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 54
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:28 am
   Subject: Re: A Christmas Story
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Please tell me you've played NAC Brothertank! Albeit it is kind of short and shoddy and rushed, but hey!

Funny as hell story though!

canada.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:49 am

Ringman wrote:
Please tell me you've played NAC Brothertank! Albeit it is kind of short and shoddy and rushed, but hey!

Funny as hell story though!

Actually.. No... But I have downloaded it... Last year wasn't a good christmas... and the year before was even worse... so I wasn't really in the mood for playing the christmas games...

Glad you liked the idea/story though... Although it's somewhat taken from the antics of the TV show Futurama... I did write it more towards being used as a Wolfenstein style game. I figured with all the mods to the code and such, that one could easily come up with a good Christmas mod if only there was a story to go with it...

I also had to play with the song and re-write the lyrics to that one...

Oh well... off to play more of the Christmas Episodes... (seeing as there are only 3 of them to choose from).

Anyhow... Enjoy..

Greg
BrotherTank
IanFranken
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 27
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:57 pm

The title "A Christmas Story" reminded me of that great old film of the same title... "You'll shoot your eye out, kid!". One of the few Christmas movies I can still stomache these days.

Well, here's a Christmas "story" of sorts from my youth: When I was 5 years old, I was trying to figure out what to leave for Santa as a snack. I'd done the cookies and milk thing before, and I thought that would get boring since that's what all the kids left for Santa, so I'd swap up to sandwiches and leftover pizza, plus carrots for the reindeer. Well I asked my mom what I should leave, and she said she thought Santa would appreciate a six-pack of beer... So we put some out (with milk for the reindeer, because we didn't want drunk flying reindeer to crash into anyone's house). Of course, this story later hit home with me when I found out that my mother was the one playing Santa... Yeah, I guess she did need a six-pack that year Laughing

Also, Greg's story further reminds me of when I got a little older, and started getting freaked out by the idea of a huge fat man coming into my house. I saw that movie "Black Christmas" and the Santa Claus story in "Tales From The Crypt" (the original, '70s film with Peter Cushing, not the TV series that came along way later) about the escaped mental patient that dressed up like Santa Claus and broke into a woman who just murdered her husband's house to cut their heads off, so I started having weird feelings all around Christmas, and would have trouble going to sleep. That was the year my mother told me finally "There is no such thing as Santa Claus". I was actually relieved. Although, I'm still not sure about that damn Tooth Fairy... Think

Guess I got off-topic...lol...But there's some fun Christmas memories from my childhood. As you can see, though, I came out perfectly normal! (that's open for debate...)

-Ian

canada.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:15 pm

Ah the movie... yes... It's not that bad... but TBS is running 24 hours of it starting Friday night at 8pm... till 8pm Christmas day... Now that sucks... But anyhow...

The whole reason for this thread was actually a story line for a modification. I thought it would be different to have some type of actual festive storyline that might be used in a Wolfenstein modification..

Maybe I'll take the task on myself and use the new engine for it. Ok... so until I post otherwise in this thread lol... this story is mine..

So what do you think of it? And the twist to the song...

Greg
BrotherTank
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 54
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:39 pm

Cool idea, feel free to use any graphics from NAC. Though the only ones that are mine are the gifts the lights, the signs, the bar mirror, and santa. Other stuff is modified from duke nukem stuff the batman mod, Lost episodes, and normal wolf stuff.

DieHard Officer

Topics: 33
sweden.gif

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:28 am

Hehe, funny story, BT, I like it. I liked the pardoy of the song too. Hope this becomes a mod sometime Wink .

andy3012
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

Topics: 29
uk.gif

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:06 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I love Futurama, i new it was that the moment you said robot santa lol. That would make quite a cool mod actually, now that you think about it. What about that Episode with all the bees, that would also make an amazing mod.
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Tale Tellers View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: