DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Just a small story segment. Kind of crazy, but ...
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Tale Tellers View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 160
usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:57 pm
   Subject: Just a small story segment. Kind of crazy, but ...
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I have yet to see a story related to how Ian Summerfield's "Robo-imp" came about, so I finally made up my own.

The following describes part of the story in my upcoming TC. It has elements of Sci-fi thrillers, and is somewhat bizarre. The idea was inspired by the "Frankenstein" concept of course, but also by a few episodes in Season 3 of the G1 Transformers series, including "Dweller In the Depths", which seems to parody various horror films.

RIs - Scientists of the underground, somewhat inspired by the whole "Frankenstein" concept, wanted to bring life to dead organisms. The experiment was to re-awaken vital organs by attaching them to mechanical devices. The real name of the creatures is a German phrase abbreviated "RI". You (BJ) nicknamed the creatures "Robo-imps".

After the RI project was successful, the scientists decided to advance the creatures' intelligence. The goal of the intelligence boost was so the RIs could upgrade their own mechanical bodies, and eventually be able to survive on their own.

The scientists succeeded in this also, but the RIs also enhanced their mechanical bodies with weapons, and turned against their masters.

Two days later, all scientists were found brutally murdered ... their bodies mutilated beyond recognition.

"Frankenstein" is right.
WSJ
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 24

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:39 pm
   Subject: Re: Just a small story segment. Kind of crazy, but ...
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Interesting idea. If someone were to make this into mod, one thing you could do is have different stages of Robo-Imp in the game. As the player goes further into the game, he finds increasingly upgraded and deadlier forms of RI, until he encounters the most advanced RI, which would be the final boss... Just a thought.

You know, Ian Summerfield's "Robo-Imp" reminds me of a scene from one of the novelized Doom stories. In the book, the Marines come across two Imps feasting on the brain part of a dead Spider Mastermind. One of the Imps is stupid and kills himself with his own fireball, but the smarter Imp jumps inside the mechanical body of the Spider, takes control of it, and fires the mounted chaingun at the Marines. I was just reminded of that scene because the Robo-Imp is basically an Imp with the mechanical part of an Arachnotron.
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:45 pm

Actually, it turns out that the RIs do involve the final boss (The Master Brain, also by Ian) at the end of the story. I can't really say more without posting a major spoiler here. Besides, the story isn't completely patched together yet. Mouth Shut

Story-wise, I didn't originally plan to have any upgraded versions of the Robo-imp aside from the Master Brain, but now that you mention it, it wouldn't be such a bad idea. Thanks. Smile
Sporb2000
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 19
newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:25 pm

ya know - this would make an interesting topic IE upload a pic/s of some of your enemies and give them a story like you did (tricob) it'd be fun to read the stories behind some other monsters and i'd be happy to add my monsters to the mix as they look kinda weird thus could do eith a bit of explanation

DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 101
australia.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:19 am

Hey Sporb, did you read the VGCats with the Skull Guys from Doom3 and how they came about? That was some freaky sh*t
Sporb2000
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 19
newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:28 pm

LOL - yes indeedy , thats what im talking about really , pisstakes or not it'd still be fun - Dr F.G Hobo rox

<B>Moderator</B>

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:41 pm

Well, for those of you who like the freaky and bizarre, the conclusion of the story for my TC definitely has those qualities. It explains who The Master Brain was originally. How the story concludes is not exactly a happy ending, but considering the situation the plot creates, it's probably the happiest ending you could hope for under the circumstances. At least without trashing the Credibility Factor.
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:53 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

The "story" of another character in the TC is pretty much done, since I haven't changed him from the original game. The story was - in a way - already written before I started on it, since I just based his story on what happens in several of the levels he's on. This story has a very different flavor to it than the predecessor, if "flavor" would be the right word.

"German shepherd". As the only enemy you'll recognize in the underground, these canines have an interesting reputation ... They tend to attract the attention of their masters when it's least practical to the enemy.

Take care, or they'll hurt a lot more than just your pride.
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Tale Tellers View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: