DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Remake Missions 2 & 3
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Spear of Destiny View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
ZuljinRaynor
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 19
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:51 am
   Subject: Remake Missions 2 & 3
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I was thinking, maybe someone could remake the two Lost Episodes with new better maps and source code changes. And prehaps new Bosses in UC. NO one has to do this, but maybe someone is interested.

Last edited by ZuljinRaynor on Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 55
blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:31 am
   Subject: Re: Remake Missions 2 & 3
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Yes, you're right, that's exactly what's missing from the wolf3d scene! Smile

Quote:
Assassination Has 'Lost Episodes' graphics and sounds. All ten levels are new and well designed. Some of the later levels have pushwalls that need to be opened to get to the exits. Overall, a very good set. By Bernt Hansen.
Escape From SOD Two new levels for the Spear demo. Some graphics from Lost Episodes etc. Adam Z's first set. All files are included.
No Place To Hide (original version) Ten very large levels, plus a lot of modified graphics here (including many from Lost Episodes), made by Tim Vesper. Very difficult, but not impossible to beat. All required files are included. Five screenshots.
Operation: Ubermutant Made by Matte Software. The levels vary quite a lot in size. Many of the graphics are from 'Lost Episodes'. New title screen.
RTDDem Two new levels for the Spear demo set, with 'Lost Episodes' graphics from Mission 2. Comes with an edited exe file.
The Lost Episodes (Revisited) Four levels - the 3rd is a very large level mainly revamped from a Lost Episodes 3 level - and the other 3 are smaller, though original and of good quality. Graphics and sounds, as expected, are from the original sets. New exe. By Kyle Fisher.
The Resurrection Of Pigboy Crabshaw Revamp of my 'WolfBel3' maps by Peter Johansson with changed graphics and sounds (mostly from the final 'Lost Episodes' set), and some source code changes. The different graphics and sounds look quite effective and I particularly like 'the bat'. For copyright reasons Peter has left out the 'audiohed.wl6' file which has to be supplied from the registered Wolf3D set.
UltDem Two new levels for the Spear demo set, with 'Lost Episodes' graphics from Mission 3. Comes with an edited exe file.
Wastelands Part One Nine new Spear levels from John Bucksnort, with some Lost Episodes graphics and other changes.
Wolfm2 Fans of the Spear 'Lost Episodes' will particularly like this one. Good varied layout, and fairly difficult.

Main source: http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~brlowe/spear.htm
sentenced
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 5
sao_tome.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:58 am

Heh, I guess you could count the Lost Episodes graphics that will be used in Nuclear Assassination as well... Embarassed

It's coming along nicely - I have got some great ceiling and floor textures off the internet, and I have successfully combined celing and floor textures with Ripper's Outside Atmosphere tutorial. I'm just trying to implement shading along with the above features...

DieHard Officer

Topics: 19
usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:27 pm

I get it. Too much Lost Eps junk out there. Smile Well, don't expect any Lost Eps junk in Spear Doomsday. Very Happy
Zombie_Plan
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 101
australia.gif

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:59 pm

Is the source for the lost episodes available, or is it just spear code?

Welcome to 2016, where DHW still thinks it is okay to ban the world's most popular email service provider, and I can't have an avatar over 10kb
Otto
Don't Hurt Me
Don't Hurt Me

Topics: 2

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:48 am

I think there are no source code changes in the Lost Episodes... Rolling Eyes
sentenced
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

sao_tome.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:44 am

Yup, NOTHING changed but the graphics, sounds and maps.

Can I Play Daddy

Topics: 13
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:56 am

The level designs are way to easy compared to Spear of Destiny's Not Happy

DieHard SS

sao_tome.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:50 am

Glenny wrote:
The level designs are way to easy compared to Spear of Destiny's Not Happy

I found Return to Danger to be the most frustrating in the map area. While not too heavy on the mazes, there is a great number of pushwall problems to solve. The Ultimate Challenge is slightly easier on the brain - more mazes, less pushwalls.

First time through, it took me around five hours to play through Spear. Return to Danger and The Ultimate Challenge both took eight exactly. I find it interesting how both mission packs take a similar level of time to complete despite one being geared towards tricky pushwall puzzles.

Certainly, the quality of the level design in both mission packs is nowhere near that of Spear's (which in turn, I prefer vastly to the original Wolf3d). Locked doors are unnaturally far away from their keys, huge rooms are filled with a few centrally-located objects to look nice. I would prefer it if time was taken to make the level flow naturally, rather than have the player force their way through it.

The mission packs seem to have split opinion down the middle, but with more people opting to disregard them. I would have to say I am in between on this. I used to hate them because of the amount of blue used in the games. I have grown to like them because of their unique atmosphere which is totally different to that of Spear's.

Can I Play Daddy

Topics: 13
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:21 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I agree. Floor 12 in Return to Danger called "Pushwall Pandemonium" was the hardest for me. If you have the hint books for them it is very simple. But I think the original Spear of Destiny was the hardest. Locked doors are farther away from the keys, pushwalls are mainly for secret areas, and have bigger maps then in Return to Danger or The Ultimate Challenge. Spear of Destiny, Return to Danger, and The Ultimate Challenge took me about 20 min. to complete. You can just find a series or pushwalls or it's just plain easy (ex :Floor 7 "Let Me Out 'O Here!", Floor 8 "Randy's Labyrinth" and Floor 9 "Initial Reaction" ). Angry

I enjoy playing Return to Danger and The Ultimate Challenge because I have played Wolfenstein 3d and Spear of Destiny too much and the differant (but strange) graphics. Thumbs Up I like Return to Danger because this one has "The Submarine Pen" and "Atomic Research".

Did anyone notice a dead rat can point out a pushwall?

DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Spear of Destiny View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: