DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Software Piracy
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> News & Forum Rules View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator
<B>Forum Administrator</B>

Topics: 153
canada.gif

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:53 am
   Subject: Software Piracy
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I recently received some PM's from a new member of the forums asking me to participate in software piracy. The following are the PM's I received with the person's information removed and my responses to this person:

PM # 1 - 12:07pm wrote:
... could you, by any chance, send it to me, please? It's that I have the original English version (WL6), but I would like to have the Japanese one as well. Wink So, could you send it to me, please? Wink

No.

PM # 2 - 8:29pm wrote:
... my name is [NAME_REMOVED, I'm [AGE_REMOVED], I'm [NATIONALITY_REMVOED] and I have lived in [LOCATION_REMOVED] for 7 years so far. I also speak some Japanese. Wink

And now, I'm sorry for rushing to you with the previous PM, but anyway, could you, by any chance, send me the Japanese version of Wolf3-D? I'm very interested in it. The e-mail is: [EMAIL_REMOVED]. Wink

No.

PM # 3 - 8:30pm wrote:
... if you didn't receive the edited version of my previous PM, then here you have the e-mail to which send you the stuff: [EMAIL_REMOVED]

No.

I suggest that you read the RULES of the forums. I do not condone software piracy and I will not participate in piracy, which is why we have the rules here at the forums in the first place.

BrotherTank
Forums Admin

I don't know if this person has contacted anyone else regarding pirating software, but I would suggest that if you are receiving these types of e-mails that you protect yourself. Remember that software Piracy is Illegal!!

I have no idea who this person is (in real life or other) and asking for me to participate in such actions looks to me like a setup to catch me or someone in the forums breaking the rules. If you have been contacted by anyone regarding software piracy, I would suggest that you remind that person that software piracy is illegal and that we do not condone this behaviour in the forums.

What you do in your private life is fine, but please do not bring it into the forums.

Greg
BrotherTank
Forums Admin
OBrasilo
Can I Play Daddy
Can I Play Daddy

Topics: 5
brazil.gif

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:22 am
   Subject: Re: Software Piracy
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

- BrotherTank: OK, that person was me.

I'm sorry if I tried to make anyone participate in piracy (so far it has only been BrotherTank), but it's that I was insterested in something BrotherThank has, so I kindly asked him to send me it. OK, I know it's illegal, so I apologize to you, BrotherTank, for that and I promise I won't do that anymore. Wink

DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 55
blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:30 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

You speak Japanese? That's interesting.

I remember Brothertank posting pictures of Japanese wolf3d text once, that was crazy. Maybe he can post a screenshot from the readme or something (if it exists?) and you could translate it for us. It would be funny to see how close/far the actual Japanese content really is. I love reading the french side of cereal boxes to see how strange the translations are (I remember one saying Bright in the Black for Glow in the Dark). We had a washroom at work that said "Please Flush. S'il vous plait actioner la chasse d'eau", which translates to something like: "Would you please put the water chase into action". Laughing
OBrasilo
Can I Play Daddy
Can I Play Daddy

Topics: 5
brazil.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:32 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Chris wrote:
You speak Japanese? That's interesting.

I remember Brothertank posting pictures of Japanese wolf3d text once, that was crazy. Maybe he can post a screenshot from the readme or something (if it exists?) and you could translate it for us. It would be funny to see how close/far the actual Japanese content really is. I love reading the french side of cereal boxes to see how strange the translations are (I remember one saying Bright in the Black for Glow in the Dark). We had a washroom at work that said "Please Flush. S'il vous plait actioner la chasse d'eau", which translates to something like: "Would you please put the water chase into action". Laughing

Although I don't speak Japanese perfectly, I do speak it, so I'll try to do my best with that readme, etc. translation, if I get ahold of some screenshots. Wink

DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> News & Forum Rules View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: