DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Wolf3-D Shareware to Registered VSwap importer
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Beta Breakers View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
OBrasilo
Can I Play Daddy
Can I Play Daddy

Topics: 5
brazil.gif

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:07 pm
   Subject: Wolf3-D Shareware to Registered VSwap importer
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Bottom of Posts

Yeah, I started this program some days ago (would have made the thread here earlier, if my Internet connection didn't stop working for no reason), and its purpose is basically to import the contents of a Shareware Wolf3-D VSwap file into a Registered Wolf3-D VSwap file.

Why? Because the .WL1 files work badly with Wolf3-D registered version, as it loads more guard sounds than there are in the VSwap file, so I thought it was better if they were converted to a Registered Wolf3-D Vswap file.

However, simply copying everything was not enough for me, that's why my program will have one nice feature. Remember the Blue Stone with Sign wall? Well, my program is able to get the modified texture on the Blue Stone 1 position in the file and modify the version with the Sign to have the modified texture in the background instead of Blue Stone. But that's not all! It will also have the ability to get the decoration on the modified Steel with Sign wall (by comparing the pixel data with the standard Steel wall), and put it onto the modified Blue Stone texture. And even that's not all! Since the signs on the Blue Stone with Sign textures (N/S and W/E) are on slightly different positions than the signs on the Steel with Sign textures, this program will have the ability to move the decoration got from the modified Steel with Sign wall by the necessary difference.

And of course, both the texture changing and the sign changing for the Blue Stone with Sign wall can be disabled.

However, the first version of the program will be for DOS, since I can check the results in real-time there, as Norton Commander shows me all file sizes and also file contents, while in Windows, I would have to click Properties all the time, and it's also not possible to view the .EXE file contents (in bytes) from Windows, so it's indeed easier to check the results in DOS.

But once the DOS version is made and warking , I'll also make a Windows version of it, and after that, I'll move on to the program, which will import the Shareware GameMaps file to the Registered one.

Oh, and BTW, both the DOS and the Windows versions will be open-source (the same will go for the GameMaps importing program). Wink

And I'm also planning of making a program in the future, which will have the ability of this and the GameMaps importing programs, and will also be able to do the reverse (Registered -> Shareware, but Episode 1 only!), and edit the walls as well. And this one will be, as all my programs (including the ones, which are not Wolf3-D-related), open-source.

DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Beta Breakers View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: