DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Doom: The Movie
Page 3 of 3 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Howling Wolfers View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
ZuljinRaynor
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 19

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:39 am
   Subject: Re: Doom: The Movie
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Seems just like Doom 3 in many ways.
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 56
usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:05 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Yeah...disappointing! Razz

Bring 'em On

Topics: 3
finland.gif

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:29 am

Gotta watch this... 'cause it's called Doom!
ZuljinRaynor
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 19

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:01 am

Ringman wrote:
Yeah...disappointing! Razz

I liked D3!
ChiefRebelAngel
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 28
blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:47 am

Ringman wrote:
Ok! Anyway, the "wormhole" is discovered to have already have been opened. By something, and that's why the readings were so high. It looks to have been some sort of alien race that had once been on Mars before.

A quick side note: The facility's constant digging and building is fueled by a toxic green substance, which is a very acidic compound, that breaks down hydrogen bonds in certain molecular structures causing an explosion which generates large amounts of electricty through pistons turbines and the like. This stuff, while toxic to the human skin, is fairly clean otherwise, but highly combustible. It is stored all over the facility. With the nickname "nukage." The reason for the chainsaws, would be explained just as it had in Doom 3. Shipping mistake, unless anyone has a better idea on that.

Now, after the crew recieves the SOS they race to the site to find it seemingly empty. Of course, it isn't. Once they first find the scientists (and a few of the other marines) they notice that they are phisically unchanged but have lost all semblance of their humanity. They can still operate weaponry, and will attack whatever it is that they encounter (duh.). After the teams first confrontation, they get some of the lab equipment together to analyze a sample of the tissue of one the "zombies." From the looks of it the sympathetic nervous system is constantly turned on, from the appearance of high levels of epinephrine and norepinephrine in the blood stream. Basically, the "zombies" were really just the people in this constant state of fear and shock. With their adrenal glands continuously pumping they would be in fear of anything they encountered including each other. So the team did notice some fighting inside the groups going on as well.

As the team works farther down into the facility, to the portal they notice that one of the large vats of nukage has been ruptured and has flooded the a large portion of the central hub. They scrounge around the locker rooms for some biohazard suits, so they can wade the slime and get to the bottom of this. While all debating what's going on at the time.

They begin their swim, which is difficult because of the thickness of the nukage. And as Casey is exiting first she notices something be hind Flynn (who is in the back of the group). It is red glowing eyes. She screams to the rest that it's behind them, and Robert begins to attempt to fire at it while still in the nukage. The creature runs off into the darkness. Casey screams at Rob, because he's making the mistake of firing while knee deep in combustible nukage. The others are trying to hurry over to the other end of nukage to get away from whatever it was they saw. Then another one comes from the side to flank Casey. To afraid to ignite the nukage by shooting at it, she backs away into some crates as it comes lunging for her, and reveals (you guessed it) the stock of chainsaws. She rips the thing to shreds, just as Robert is getting out to try and help her. Thinking all is safe, the proceed to try and help John out. But two more come from the other side of the pool, behind Flynn, and fire a fireball into the nukage, igniting the whole pool, and causing a huge explosion and burning the entire surface of the pool. It fires Flynn alive. and the others just have enough time to dodge the oncoming explosion, by ducking into a nearby room.

Ok break again... gives you all time to read and comment. Razz

Any comments questions? Suggestions? Like where I'm going, hate where I'm going?

What? Is this your original script? [censored] awsome! Much like AVP, I was hoping I'd finish filmschool in time to direct either AVP or Doom. It's really too bad, I would have stuck to the source material and expanded on it (visually) keeping the story some what the same (at the time observing budgitary concerns). It is a shame. I have not seen Doom yet, but I have a feeling it will be worse (I know not how that is even possible) than AVP. Both are equally insulting to pretty much anyone who has ever heard of the Predator, Aliens or Doom (and all of it's supposed to be) Demonic hordes. It is pure shit, waste and filth. Hollywood will soon die. I'm awaiting the funeral.
sentenced
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 5
sao_tome.gif

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:44 am

The first reviews are in! Find them here, here and here.

DieHard Guard

Topics: 29
uk.gif

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:48 pm

hey im back after millions of years lol... ive been busy with:
counter strike source
World of warcraft
and finially

QUAKE 4!!!!!

and ive also started gettin a life Rolling Eyes
doom movie is out this month 21st i fink im gonna go c it lets jus hope its good otherwise, ill..ill i dno lol kick off a fuss and demand my 5.50 ticket back LOL Yawn
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:40 am

ChiefRebelAngel wrote:
What? Is this your original script? [censored] awsome! Much like AVP, I was hoping I'd finish filmschool in time to direct either AVP or Doom. It's really too bad, I would have stuck to the source material and expanded on it (visually) keeping the story some what the same (at the time observing budgitary concerns). It is a shame. I have not seen Doom yet, but I have a feeling it will be worse (I know not how that is even possible) than AVP. Both are equally insulting to pretty much anyone who has ever heard of the Predator, Aliens or Doom (and all of it's supposed to be) Demonic hordes. It is pure shit, waste and filth. Hollywood will soon die. I'm awaiting the funeral.

Yeah that was my original script. Man I'd love to direct movies, but film school isn't my cup of tea, I'd prefer to do it all independantly with a group of friends. Have my own production company, which I've been looking for people in the area who are interested in doing so.

DieHard Guard

Topics: 20
usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:49 pm

I heard this movie sucks. Like, really, really bad. For numerous reasons too. Like...

1: The Rock is in it.

2: FPS! OMFG REVOLUTIONARY! Oh please, that is like watching someone play Doom over their shoulder. Just not fun or entertaining (to most).

3: It's based off Doom 3. That game was cool and all, but the originals are where it's at!

4: No demons, they are deformed virus-infected humans, animals, cyborgs (they guy with the wheelchair as half of his body) and aliens, which sucks.

5: The BFG looks really, really wimpy.

If any of you still think the movie is going to be (or is, if you saw it) good as a doom movie you are not doomers. Thumbs Down If any of you are going through the torture of watching it just because it is doom, you are doomers and I solute you. Thumbs Up

DieHard SS

Topics: 28
blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 am

Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:38 am

Chief, what the hell is that supposed to be a picture of exactly? I missed the joke.

DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 57
blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:33 am

Ringman wrote:
Chief, what the hell is that supposed to be a picture of exactly? I missed the joke.

The tractor is taking care of the trash (aka, the Doom Movie). A great way to end this thread, if you ask me. Wink

"It is pure shit, waste and filth. Hollywood will soon die. I'm awaiting the funeral." - ChiefRebelAngel
sentenced
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 5
sao_tome.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:19 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

What really amazes me about this thread is how quickly people were caught up in the media hype after the first page of responses. No trailers of any calibre can mask the fact that films based on games never work. The FPS scene is a desperate attempt to impress and entice potential gamers, innovative or not.

Now that the film is out and the reviews are in, it's back to the (inevitable) fact that Doom on the big screen is totally worthless.

DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Howling Wolfers View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 3 of 3 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to: