DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Favorite NES game of all time
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Polling Booth View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic

Favorite NES game
Mario *any game specify*
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Castlevania
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ninja Gaiden
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Zelda
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
RC pro am
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Metroid
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Megaman
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Excite Bike
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bubble Bobble
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Duck Hunt
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
Voted : 10
Total Votes : 10

monkapotomus
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

Topics: 15

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:07 pm
   Subject: Favorite NES game of all time
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Im just wondering what everyone's favorite NEs game of al time was so i decided to amke a poll so here goes Too Cool

my favorite game is just about any mario game except teh 2nd supermario brothers game because i could never get into it....**imma mario whore i guess tho**

www.dudleyrd.co.uk/~monk

How many times will you steal my car stero??It dont even work you feel like a bitch dont ya?
Dr. Chainsaw
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

Topics: 17

uk.gif

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:19 pm
   Subject: Re: Favorite NES game of all time
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

What about donkey kong? Anyway Super mario bros is the best. Cool
WLHack
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 66
finland.gif

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:22 pm

Those are all really good games, here are few my favorites (I can't decide
which I like the best).

- Darkwing Duck,
- James Pond,
- Maui Mallard,
- Super Mario Bros. (I like the three best),
- Duck hunt,
- Micro Machines.

Eventhough some of these weren't in the poll opinions... These are the
(S)NES games I like best.
monkapotomus
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:47 pm

Dr. Chainsaw wrote:
What about donkey kong? Anyway Super mario bros is the best. Cool

I thought about putting donkey kong on there but i didnt know if i t was released for the NES besides the arcade version.....sorry about that one dr. chainsaw

www.dudleyrd.co.uk/~monk

How many times will you steal my car stero??It dont even work you feel like a bitch dont ya?
Arielus
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 25
argentina.gif

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:32 pm

Probably the following, in alphabetical order:

Double Dragon 2
The best in the series. Great levels and lots of fun fights. Excellent music all through.
Super Fighter 3
Not sure if this one was an official game. The best 'Street Fighter' game I ever got ahold of for the NES. Very nice indeed. Doesn't look like a NES game at all.
Super Mario Bros. 3
Has probably the best music I've ever listened to in a NES game, along with the 'Double Dragon' series. The game is simply amazing and most entertaining from beginning to end.
Super Mario Bros. 4
Perhaps my all-time favourite. Not many people I know are actually aware of this game's existence. The fact that it was not an official game surely have to do with this. This one was in fact a rip-off of a game called 'Armadillo', as I later came to know, but I just loved it so very much as a kid.
Tetris 2
Undoubtedly can be found for any given platform ever created. This particular version gave me loads and loads of fun hours when I was just discovering the NES. Coming back home and switching on the gadget just to get from level 0 to level 9 in one sitting was one of the things I most looked forward to as a kid.

Ariel.

<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 167
usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:43 pm

Unfortunately, I tend to like NES games that are so hard, they're obscure. "Cobra Triangle" is an excellent example of this; it's nice and hard, yet fun, and has optional-but-hard shortcuts (ramps, for example) that you have the option of conquering when you get better at the levels you've passed before. Really adds to the game's replay value.

Moon Crystal (I run a Japanese-to-English patch of the ROM) was downright amazing all the way through, even though it wasn't very challenging. It almost plays like a game version of Japanimation cinema.

If you like NES games that are SNES-like, try out "The Immortal", "Darkman", and "Batman: The Return Of The Joker".

Arielus wrote:
Super Mario Bros. 4
Perhaps my all-time favourite. Not many people I know are actually aware of this game's existence. The fact that it was not an official game surely have to do with this. This one was in fact a rip-off of a game called 'Armadillo', as I later came to know, but I just loved it so very much as a kid.

Where was this game released? I can't find it in the U.S. Releases list. Is it a Japanese or European game, perhaps?
Quote:
Tetris 2
Undoubtedly can be found for any given platform ever created. This particular version gave me loads and loads of fun hours when I was just discovering the NES. Coming back home and switching on the gadget just to get from level 0 to level 9 in one sitting was one of the things I most looked forward to as a kid.

I gotta get the Gameboy Color version of this one. I played it once and loved how it compared to the NES version.
monkapotomus
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:52 pm

Arielus wrote:
Probably the following, in alphabetical order:

Super Mario Bros. 4
Perhaps my all-time favourite. Not many people I know are actually aware of this game's existence. The fact that it was not an official game surely have to do with this. This one was in fact a rip-off of a game called 'Armadillo', as I later came to know, but I just loved it so very much as

Is there a place where i can get the rom for that i've never played it before.....

also i was tlaking about NES games with a guy in a yahoo caht room today and we were talking about super mario borthers two and how the lsot levels werent released in teh US because they were too hard and i heard it was a modified version of a game called toki doki panic whihc was never released anywhere....idk how valid that is but it seemed beliveable

www.dudleyrd.co.uk/~monk

Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:20 pm

The graphics in "Doki Doki Panic" were modified to resemble Mario, then released in the U.S. as "Super Mario Bros. 2". As for the Japanese "Super Mario Bros. 2", it was indeed not released in NES form in the U.S.. It did - however - make it into the multi-Mario collection for the SNES; the collection was called "Super Mario All-Stars".
monkapotomus
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:26 pm

ok cool, i knew it was doki or toki or somethign like that, i was talkign to the guy through voice caht while playing nintendo lol

www.dudleyrd.co.uk/~monk

TheTalentedMrLeo
Forum Administrator
<B>Forum Administrator</B>

Topics: 39

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:39 pm

Hmm. This is a tough choice. Excite Bike was a really great game, especially when you could flip the rider over when pulling a wheelie too long. Megaman however captivated me. I played all of the series, except for the original, which I later managed to play on my computer.
Arielus
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 25
argentina.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:28 am

I knew about 'Super Mario Bros. 4' back in 1992 -perhaps even before that- when some friends bought their NES console along with a fistful of games, including 'Tetris 2', 'Excite Bike', and a couple more. I remember they didn't like 'Super Mario Bros. 4' that much, and played their other games a lot instead. I myself loved it, and looked forward to going to their house just so they let me play a bit. My parents bought me my own NES console some time later, but a lot of time went by before I could get ahold of a 'Super Mario Bros. 4' cartridge for me. Seemed to me the game was kinda rare. I still keep it, along with several others I bought over the years.

'Super Mario Bros. 4' for the NES never existed as an official game - it was in fact a hack of an official game called 'Armadillo', released, from what I understand, only in Japan. I only knew about this when I decided to look for the 'Super Mario Bros. 4' NES rom on the Internet. I stumbled across the rom of another game instead, which looked exactly as the one I was looking for, but with another character in Mario's place. It was then that I understood that 'Super Mario Bros. 4' didn't officially exist, and that the game I so much loved was actually a hack of the one whose rom I'd just found.

You can find a mini review and a pair of shots of 'Armadillo' here: http://www.nesworld.com/mirror/nr.htm Just look up the game's name and you're set.

Also, here's a handful of shots of 'Super Mario Bros. 4': http://www.nesworld.com/smb4ss.htm

I'm sure the rom of 'Armadillo' can still be found. I downloaded it years ago and stored it in a CD along with plenty of other goodies, but I'm certain it's still findable. On the other hand, the rom of 'Super Mario Bros. 4' is simply nowhere. I've searched and searched and searched but to no avail. The rom does not seem to exist. I once got in touch with a guy that claimed he had it, but when I asked him whether he'd have no problems sharing it with me, he disappeared in thin air, so...

In fact, here's the place where I got this guy's e-mail address: http://buttonbash.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1930 Try and contact him if you can; I did but wasn't able to get any response...

'Super Mario Bros. 4' was not the only unofficial Mario game that arrived in Argentina over ten years ago. I have seen some others, but only bought one: 'Super Mario Bros. 13'. I've no idea what game this one is a hack of; I've searched a bit on the Internet but never found anything. The guy from the link above says he's got this one too...

Ariel.

Code Master

Topics: 49
usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:50 am

TheTalentedMrLeo wrote:
Hmm. This is a tough choice. Excite Bike was a really great game, especially when you could flip the rider over when pulling a wheelie too long. Megaman however captivated me. I played all of the series, except for the original, which I later managed to play on my computer.

Pretty much the same story with me. My brother says we had the original and used to play it, but I was very young at the time, so I don't remember it.
It's a freaking hard game, too; I don't think I'd be able to beat it were it not for the magic of save states.

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:43 pm

gotta love save states i beat a few SNES games like that when i first learned weaht an emulator was and what it did *5th grade* as far as megamn games go im not very into them, i like easier gamesmegaman kicked my ass and pissed me off too many times for me to like it

www.dudleyrd.co.uk/~monk

thejosh
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 4

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:16 pm

My favorite NES game of all time is without a doubt, commando. I can't count how many times I "destroyed the enemy army" but I loved it Smile

My favorite game in the poll was probably duck hunt. I remember how awesome I thought it was when I learned you could control the duck and annoy anyone who was shooting. Didn't really matter though since anyone who played that game never went further away from the tv than a couple inches Laughing

Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:20 pm

commando was pretty good, i left off alot of games i was gonna put an "other" but i think i had to many options so it left it off

www.dudleyrd.co.uk/~monk

Commodore
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:14 pm

The breath of nintendo games would make it hard to include all the top games on a poll list, still i'm surprised Contra is not there. Few games are as awesome as Contra.

I'm really a huge Dragon Warrior freak and thanks to a timely gift this christmas, I now own all 4 nes carts.

All the mario games are endlessly entertaining.

Bubble Bobble is another great one. And the Ninja Gaiden games rock.

Also two of the best sports games are on NES: Tecmo Super Bowl, and Baseball Stars II

DieHard Guard

Topics: 19
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:37 pm

Something about the original megamans... Don't know if it's the music, simple graphics, or simple yet great gameplay, it's just such a great game.

So I bet you can't guess what I voted for Razz

<B>Moderator</B>

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:40 pm

Rocketboy680 wrote:
Something about the original megamans... Don't know if it's the music, simple graphics, or simple yet great gameplay, it's just such a great game.

So I bet you can't guess what I voted for Razz

Hmmm ... I'll have to think about that one. Very Happy
insurrectionman
DieHard Mutant
DieHard Mutant

Topics: 87
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:46 pm

My cousin had an NES system and the only game i would play is the super mario bros. and duck hunt on the same cartridge. It was the ONLY one I could actually play, of course that was 8-10 years ago. Now i'm stuck with a SNES, N64, and PS2.

New Site: http://www.treesapthief.com
Twitter: @treesapthief
monkapotomus
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:57 pm

....lol i used ot ahve an NES then i decided to get emulators for my old computer got hoooked again, then last year i got an NEs controller from my pancake *inside joke* for the sole purpose of hooking up to my PC took a bit of work soldering cutting tracing all that stuff, works great most of the time sometimes i hav eproblems but its all good......

www.dudleyrd.co.uk/~monk

Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 56
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:44 pm

Nes games now this is a topic I'm into. Here's my list:

Gargoyle's Quest 2
Metal Gear
Metroid
Megaman1-6
Adventure Island 4
TMNT 2
Rolling Thunder
The Lone Ranger
Zen the Intergalactic Ninja
Ninja Gaiden 1-3
Burger Time
Kung Fu
100 world story
A boy and his blob
M.U.L.E.
Battletoads vs Double Dragon
SMB 3
Bonk's Adventure
Totally Rad
Bucky O' Hare
Ducktails 1-2
Darkwing Duck
Castlevania 1-3
Contra1 & Super C
Crystalis
Zelda 1-2
Double Dragon 2
Kirby
Gremlins 2
Blaster Master
Jurassic Park 1
Lemmings
Fester's Quest
Mike Tyson's Punchout (The one with Mike Tyson in is cooler.)
Mighty Final Fight
paperboy
River City Ransom
ShadowGate
Splatter House
Strider
Star Tropics 2
Tetris

And alot more but there's a pretty big list. Smile

Bring 'em On

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:27 pm

Damn dude lol you're as big of a loser as me......but NES games are timeless....good list i like most of those games

www.dudleyrd.co.uk/~monk

Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 56
usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:55 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Nice to know losers can be so successful isn't it? Cheesy Grin

DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Polling Booth View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: