DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

The wolfer, the story
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Howling Wolfers View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
Dugtrio17
Code Master
Code Master

Topics: 49
usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:32 pm
   Subject: The wolfer, the story
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Most of us know each other to a degree. We come here, plug our mods, give feedback on other mods, talk about Wolfenstein 3D, and occasionally get in the chat room with each other. But what about the general background info, the stuff that doesn't come up in a usual conversation but is still interesting and helps give you the overall image of the person you're talking to? I always like these topics, and I was inspired to make this one after reading through old threads and finding the introduction thread that "monkapotamus" made. I remember making a similar thread when I was new, and it was called "Let's get to know each other better!" If I recall correctly, it was more of a random survey with questions like "favorite flavor of this" and "lol whats yor favrite colorrrr". I'll try to get a better, more focused survey this time around, but by all means, don't feel bound by the version I fill out. While it's all information that I think would be cool to find out about everybody, if you don't feel comfortable giving some of it out or if you want to add more info, then go ahead and edit it to your liking. Or, hell, if you're really adventurous then make your own, just try not to rechalk stuff that there are already profile fields for. Anyway, here's my story:

Name: Daniel Aaron Denton (hence the signature of "-DAD" you'll find in some of my older posts)
Favorite activity: Uh... I guess just doing whatever I want at the computer, it's practically where I live
Marital status: Looking, but the hook's coming up empty (or rather, I just have nice conversations with the fish)
Religion: Non-denominational Protestant Christian; I'm somewhat liberal about my beliefs, but I am a Christian nonetheless
Home: A two story house with a room of my own, soon to be a four bedroom/four bathroom condo for college living
Languages spoken: English natively, working on Spanish; I showed a great deal of improvement in my second trip to Costa Rica compared to my first trip where the natives always asked me "Uh, excuse me, do you speak English?"
Ethnic background: Irish everything on my mom's side, I think, and half Panamanian on my dad's side. Not sure what the missing quarter is, but whatever it is it's white.
Work history: Been working at Quizno's for two days now, and it's my first job. Sad, I know, since I'm 18, but eh, I milked the allowance system pretty well.
Sites frequented: Here, my forums, various sites hosted on my domain name, YTMND, Bob and George, Wikipedia
Online services used: I use AIM, MSN, and Skype; I'm on AIM almost constantly, MSN I'm on maybe a third of the time, and Skype I'm on occasionally when I'm not running much (because it lags my poor computer)
Computers: The main one that I'm usually on, an XP computer (with the classic theme instead of the newer, flashier one) with an Athlon 1150+ processor and 624 (I think?) megs of RAM, and then there's my laptop, a similar setup with a slightly faster processor but only 256 MB of RAM
Connection: 3 MB/sec cable connection, Road Runner (even though their commercials piss me off)
Previous online names: I've been Dugtrio17 for about 8 years now and I'm damn proud of it. Before that, I think I had some really goofy screen names on AOL, but I would always change them every time I went to my dad's house because I would forget my password.
Favorite music: Eh, most of the time I just snag songs that I randomly hear and like (usually from samples on YTMND), though I tend to like rap anything by Daft Punk
Quirks: I literally flinch at certain words and I wash my hands a lot. You'll also not often find me throwing something away that isn't absolutely trash, and I don't think you'll ever catch me without socks on. I also seem to be incapable of swearing aloud, but online I have no problems with it.
Photographic reference: This isn't me, but somebody sent it to me thinking it was, and it's a damned good reference, too; add a light mustache and you should have the unmasked Dugtrio17. Anyway, here it is, a picture of a lucky guy who looks a lot like me: http://myspace-216.vo.llnwd.net/00876/61/25/876655216_l.jpg
Any other info you'd like to share? Maybe a brief biography? Brief biography? Nah... Well, okay, I was born, I played a lot of video games growing up and as such developed lousy social skills. This eventually evolved into being the entertainer of the group, the guy that everyone regards as the funnyman. It shot me from being somewhat loathed to loved by tons of people, plenty that I didn't know and some that I despised. Unfortunately, it has developed into something of an "autofire" thing, something I can't control; I just get into a social situation (or even just talk by voice over the internet) and the clown thing takes over. Unless I consciously control it, I end up being the topper of the conversation, the guy who never laughs but makes a lot of witty comments and says otherwise funny things. It's something I really don't like (because come on, it's a conversation, not a friggin' standup show), so I like communicating by text better. In text, I can actually be intelligent instead of the yammering idiot I normally am in public.
I tend to get depressed for no good reason, especially as the night drags on. That and a lot of other things about myself probably stem from the fact that I played way too many RPGs growing up. I was instilled with a love for the interesting plots, the shocking character deaths, and of course the unrealistic romances that often involved chivalry of some sort. I tend to seek "invincibility" in debates and conversations, and I tend to do that via humility or by conceding something that isn't a point of the debate/conversation yet is a prime route to what I'm debating for. That way I can't lose; when you're at the bottom, you have nowhere to go but up.
My parents divorced when I was young, but they've maintained a good relationship, so it's basically meant twice the holidays for me, so I kinda like the deal. My aunts on my dad's side of the family are all named after southern US states. We have Virginia Denton (sounds normal), Georgia Denton (less common, but still normal), Tennessee Denton (the one most people can't seem to believe, but it sounds normal to me, especially compared to...), and Alabama Denton (who we just call "Cassie" to avoid strange looks in public).
Uh... I like Costa Rica. Lots of great memories from my two trips there, especially the first one. Then again, it's probably just because I tend to cling onto things too long... But I'm going there every year until I die. It's gonna eat the hell out of my wallet, but dammit, I'm doing it.
I almost always either hibernate my computer or leave it on, so I end up having AIM windows open for ages. Having all of those open also means that I end up having lots and lots of rows of IM windows, but it's not all because I leave my computer on so long; if I have a fresh start with 0 windows open in the middle of a day, I'm usually up to two rows by the end of the night. There are about 15 windows to a row, so that's a lot of rows. I guess it's to be expected, because currently I have 414 people on my buddy list for AIM. I also save almost all of my AIM and MSN conversations, and I get pissed when something happens that makes me lose the unsaved ones I have open (like a power surge or something).

So yeah. That was a lot, so feel free to add less if you think typing a huge post will keep you from replying (hey, it's happened to me before). Or maybe you don't think that was much, so you want to add more. Hey, whatever floats your boat. Thumbs Up

And... *ahem* I expect to also see some replies from the wolfers that we don't know much about. You know who you are.
I'm lookin' at you, MCS.
Thomas
Mapping Master
Mapping Master

Topics: 166

denmark.gif

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:44 am
   Subject: Re: The wolfer, the story
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Last edited by Thomas on Sun May 29, 2011 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Dugtrio17
Code Master
Code Master

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:42 pm

Thomas wrote:
Quirks: Some english I don't get. Like this word. Wink

Basically, a quirk would be something sort of strange about your personality, like having to brush your teeth before you can put on a shirt at the start of the day (which is the case with one of my friends). Another good example would be a peculiar way of eating food, like having to use silverware for everything, including things like potato chips (or crisps, as I believe they're called in Europe). Haven't seen that last one anywhere, but it's possible.

Topics: 66
finland.gif

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:32 pm
   Subject: Re:[b] [/b]The wolfer, the story

Name: Toni Matti Petteri Salonen... But people usually calls me "Salonen"

Favorite activity: Well. I read books, paint and draw, play around with computes and as my hobby I play piano.

Marital Status: Lonely the best.

Religion: I am not really religious (only reason I belong to the Lutherian church is that is traditional)...
Infact all beliefs that I have, is result of my research and ponderings done during the darkest hours of day...

Home: Confortable woodhouse near a river, forest and road.

Languages spoken: Well. I speak finnish... English, Swedish and German.
I can read estonian lanquage and currently trying to learn some Japanese.

Ethnic background: Well, from my fathers side, I am a finn... And from my great grandmothers (mothers side)
side, I have lots of Russian relatives that I never have heard of...
Heh, this holds no meaning to others but I am proud that I have my roots in Karelia.

Work history: Done this, done that... Spend summer helping my Father who is working in our school.

Sites frequented This, some scientifical forums, wikipedia, google (logical?) and some coding based sides.

Computers: Well. As I said before, I have a computer from Hewlet Packard (Windows XP, 140 + 250GB, )
other from IBM Aptiva (Windows 98, 4.7 GB) and some time ago I had some older computers (Windows 3.1., 512 MB)
that I got free (nobody wanted them) but I disassambled them (is that the right work)...

Connection: High-speed broadband.

Online services used: I use MSN most... I also have Trillian and Skype but yet I haven't found any use for them.

Previous online names: Well. I have been WLHack as long as I can remember...
I thing I used to have such names like "I.Q" and "Three Wise Kings" long time ago, but I don't really remember.

Favourite music: Everything possible from Opera to Heavy Metal... For example I like
Pachabels Kanon in D-dur, but also like Prodigy, Daft Punk, Beatles, Rolling stones, AC DC, Alice Cooper, Marilyn Manson.
Black Eyed Peas etc...

Quirks: Well. Its hard to say if I have any strange habits (or atleast I haven't noticed)...
Maybe drinking lots of coffee. Being awake past midnight and sleeping only 6-7 hours.
Sneaking around (somehow I can't walk normally)... Pondering stupid questions...
Talking jargon (certain places) and being quiet (meaning, I don't speak much).

Photographic reference: This is who I am:

You can found from everything I have ever done (its my signature that I started using when I was
in elementary school)...

Brief biography:
Born in winter... I have two younger siblings...
I have been interested ofknowing things since I was young (relatively)...
Started messing around with computers and QBasic in age of four...
I have photographic memory (otherwords I remember thing as pictures)...
Used to play drums when I was in elementary school...
Currently I am a Highschooler...

Soldat 555

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:51 pm
   Subject: Re:[b] [/b]The wolfer, the story

Name: Joshua Aaron Waight... That's why I put that name at the end of all my messages. Razz

Favorite activity: Either playing video games, or listening to music.

Marital Status: Single... Hate it but there's nothing I can do about it.

Religion: Don't have any faith but respect those who do.

Home: A house on a mountain.

Languages spoken: English.

Ethnic background: Loooooong list. There's mosly Norwegian and Polish, though.

Work history: Worked at a pizza place and at the school I no longer attend.

Sites frequented MySpace, Die Hard Wolfers, The Wolf3d Dome.

Computers: I had an old 386 that finally crapped out a little while ago, my dad had this AMD K6-2 (I think it was) that died about a year and a half ago, and I now have a Dell Inspiron B120 and use it all the time.

Connection: Dial-up. Sad

Online services used: SBC Yahoo! Dial.

Previous online names: Thunderlord Jemanie and Evil Blood (Still use it on MySpace).

Favorite music: Linkin Park, Metallica, Vanessa Carlton, Nightwish, Evanescence, Mudvayne, and lots more.

Quirks: I always wear a lot of black and am usually by myself instead of hanging with friends.

Photographic reference: My MySpace, www.myspace.com/soldat0555

Brief biography: Been playing video games from as far back as I can remember and still love it. I am single, don't go looking for a good woman anymore because I've had my heart broken too many times, so I'm not very trusting to others. I play electric guitar but have my own style of playing. My favorite movies are Terminator 2, Aliens, Doom, that type of stuff. That's all I can think of at any rate.

Thunderstorm Joshua Aaron Waight Thunderstorm
lwmxynedtodth
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 38
netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:19 am

Hey,
Always wanted to know.

Name: Reinder Simon de Vries. It's Dutch.
Favorite Activity: Playing videogames, listening to music, modding, hacking and b-boying
Maritial status: Single again, but in love
Religion: Raised with Christisism, but choosed to not believe there is a God. I believe in the strenght of people.
Home: A little village near a bigger city.
Languages spoken: Dutch, German, French, English
Ethnic background: Well, the list goes back to the Scandinavic and Italians.
Work: First I worked to bring brochures around, after that in a supermarket and now in a warehouse, called "Hema."
I'm selling all kinds of meat and pies. Saving money for very fast computer.
Sites frequented: DHW, Google, my bank account site, Gmail, Powerweb and so on
Computers: Started with a monochrome 286, after that some 486's, now working with a P2 400 mhz shithead, a 1.2 ghz donkey and a dual 3 ghz speedster. Actually, I own the P2. So I'm saving money for a big SLI system, you know, with a biiiig graphics card and a bigger processor. However, I got 500 euro to go.
Connection: 512/2048, and some jacked hardlines Wink
Online services used: Uh - did I missed something?
Previously online names: Ha - though one. Starting with "Sky Raven", "Vergy", "Stormkuiken" and ending with the unspeakable "lwmxynedtodth"!
Favorite music: Prodigy, Propellerheads, Royksopp, Air, and some break beats.
Quirks: I'm wearing as much colors as possible and I have blonde long hair. I do b-boying, known as breakdance.
EDIT: When I wake up in the morning, I force myself to do at least 20 push-ups and 100 sit-ups. Same for going to bed.
Photographic reference: None available
Brief biography: Well, playing mostly videogames and making games has taken me away from school. Nevertheless, I'm in the sixth grade of local school measurements, the year of my exams. After that I want to join the HKU, a school of arts, in a course called "Game Design and Development." The name says enough, I think.

Hope you got a proper vision of me now. Hehe, doesn't say I'm proper Wink.

- lwmxynedtodth

EDIT: WLHack, you've found your second. I do have a photographic and audiographic memory, meaning that I remember almost everything.
Sounds cool, but it annoys me. Especially with music, I can't hear something two times without remembering everything.

WLHack
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

finland.gif

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:41 am

This is bit off-topic...

@lwmxynedtodth:
Yes I have experimence about that too...
Like when listening radio, you hear the intro of some song and then you already know
what song is it and what they're going to sing next....

Though I got problems with names - And thats annoying.
For example meeting some old friend...
You remember the face and voice and know that he/she is your old friend
but you just can't remember his/her name...

Heh its a bit embarassing to explain: "Hey, I know you but um... What was your name again?"

Zombie_Plan
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 111
australia.gif

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:28 pm

Name: James Clark (THOU SHALT NEVER KNOW THY MIDDLE NAME...ETH!)
Favorite activity: Chatting and playing online. Some reading, eating and sleeping in between.
Marital status: Complicated.
Religion: Catholic who doesn't care.
Home: House with 5 bedrooms, kitchen, loungeroom, basically everything needed and a bit more
Languages spoken: English. Know some indonesian, the odd spanish word (i know the word bella >.<), and can say nein in german. I'm so talented
Ethnic background: There's some irish in there, and I think some german. It's gonna be hard to work out until I finish my time machine
Work history: Poorly Paid Kitchen Hand come abused console operator at a Petrol Station. I'm coming up in the world!
Education: Year 12 was killing me, so I up'd and abandoned all my friends to go to tafe college (which im at now. damn i use my time productively)
Sites frequented: Here, Dan's forums, 2kinds.com, Wereworld.keenspace.com, cad-comic.com, Wikipedia, EncyclopediaDramatica, VGCats, Jedisoldiersunited, Order Of Justice, WoWo (Those last three you wont know unless you play Jedi Academy), Deviantart, and some others
Online services used: I have GTalk, AIM, MSN, XFire, and mIRC. I'm on AIM whenever I'm at tafe, Gtalk whenever I'm home, MSN occasionally when not playing games (because it lags my damn games chronically, XFire whenever im home, and mIRC whenever I'm bored. I lead an interesting life
Computers: LAPPPPPPPPPPPPPTTTTTOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Connection: Me hava no idea, its telstra though. that must mean its crap though.
Previous online names: When I first went online, I was playing Diablo1 alot, so I combined some names from it to become 'Zhargadd'. I then came to DHW, in which I called for a change. It was Wolf oriented, so I went with Deathshead. Around the same time, i was calling myself 'Dr Hobo' on some forums (like Dan's ;P). Then I went with my current name, Deathwish.
Favorite music: Rock. Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd, Robert Plant, DragonForce (Curtosey of Dan and Xuero (Xuero is from another forum who showed me the wonders of YouTube)), Arctic Monkeys, Blink182, Green Day, Living End, U2, Metallica, Marilyn Manson, Offspring, Eskimo Joe, Panic!, SOAD, Linkin Park, Evanescence, Yellowcard. The list goes on as I buy random artist's albums and try them out.
Quirks: I wear pants. Drink hella of alot of coke, cant do anything without music, and yes.
Photographic reference: the last released photos of me are at www.freewebs.com/maneatingfeatherdusters - dont trust them though, my hair is longer, black, im fatter (;_Wink and i actually have facial hair Razz
Any other info you'd like to share? Maybe a brief biography? Probably not. All I shall say is that im 17 atm, AND YOU SHALL STILL NOT KNOW MY MIDDLE NAME!!!!!!11

anywayz, there we go Smile

<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 168
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:24 pm

Folks who are new here won't know me very well, so I might as well reply here. Shrug

Name: Richard Kelly.
Favorite activity: Writing - be it fiction, poetry, or game/movie reviews. My plan is to write a Twilight Zone fanfiction story, which I'll do the first week of October.
Marital status: Single, with numerous semi-secret admirers.
Religion: Christian.
Home: A one-bedroom apartment on the second floor.
Languages spoken: English only. Sad
Ethnic background: AFAIK, strictly North American.
Work history: Currently work as Quality Control in an assembly line, was previously in working as a cleaner for Baskin Robbins, and also did volunteer work for the library and a church.
Sites frequented: DHWs Forum (of course), CoCo3.COM, Vimm's Lair, and Yahoo.COM (the E-Mail section).
Online services used: PeoplePC. Hiwaay cable connection is planned, though.
Computers: One Pentium-100, one 700 MHz Pentium II, and a Tandy Color Computer 3 (2 MHz maximum in speed).
Connection: 56K. Sick Plan to get the Cable connection up and going in October.
Previous online names: Juan Doe, FB37, QB37, and Newson, a variation of the name "Newton" from Sir Isaac Newton, changed to avoid confusion with Fig Newton cookies.
Favorite music: Glass Tiger, The Alan Parsons Project, LeAnn Rimes, Natalie Merchant, Pat Benatar, Celine Dion, Kim Wilde, Glenn Miller, Louis Armstrong ... the list goes on.
Quirks: I like organizing my CDs and DVDs in such an order that makes sense only to myself.
Photographic reference: http://photo12.matchnet.com/beta/2005/05/04/18/83037860.jpg
Any other info you'd like to share? Maybe a brief biography? I began programming around the age of nine with the Tandy Color Computer II. Believe it or not, I learned all the commands in BASIC simply by reading the book (Obviously, it was a very good book). I was named co-chairman of my computer club around 1990, but had to resign two months later because I was moving to another state. I've had a grudge against moving ever since then.
Dugtrio17
Code Master
Code Master

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:06 am

Hey, this thread is getting some interesting turnout. Smile And for once a thread that I started with a big post didn't curl up and die!

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:39 am

Wow, I really like this post. The quirks and nicknames really interest me.
@WLHack, it is just going further. I also know the order of music, so it's always on shuffle now. Contradictionary, I really like beats and computer-formed music (Prodigy, break-beats, Royksopp, Air). I can be calmed down by a hyperspeeding song as "Action Radar" by the prodigy. Those repetetive beats have a very eased effect on me, but they're completely insane. However, I hate most trance and hardcore numbers, and also most rap. About that face remembering thing. I was tested about this photographic skill. They showed me some pictures, very fast, one a time, two after each other and so on. I could remember each picture, while it was going real fast, and even the order of them. They told me that there is a difference between what your brain is seeying, and what you, your mind, your spirit is seeing. Your brain is very fast, but it is slowed down by your mind. Hopefully somebody understand this crap. Try to do this: read a page very fast, that fast that you nearly "remember" anything about it. Now check again and see what you did remember. Maybe repeat it a few times. Hope you see now.

I think I know the most languages. Can somebody please outskill me! However, it's quite funny that we, Dutch school-going youngsters are learning at least 3 foreign languages: French, German and English. Most other schoolgoing european folks do not. Mind that a brazilian schoolkid doesn't need to know german.

And where do the nicknames FB37 and QB37 come from? Wild quess: FirstBasic 3.7 and QuickBasic 3.7. One of the first basic assemblers available to the public by eh, the butt-kicking *caugh* Bill Gates.

- lwmxynedtodth

WLHack
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

finland.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:08 pm

lwmxynedtodth wrote:

Try to do this: read a page very fast, that fast that you nearly "remember" anything about it. Now check again and see what you did remember. Maybe repeat it a few times. Hope you see now.

Yes... I have bad memories about this.
Usually our language teachers wants us read books and some of them even reserved lessons
for reading them...

Well, after these "reading lessons" we used to talk how far we had read the book.
My friends had read avarage of 50 pages and I was already on page 140 and something (if I remember right,
but one thing is sure - the book was really really boring one), so they blamed me for cheating
(one of my friends said that I didn't read at all, I was just turning the pages...
And when I prove them wrong by answering some questions they made based on the book,
they said that I had read the book before) - and they still don't believe that I could read
fast abd remember it all.

Edit: It took some time but I finally remembered the books name: Flight of a White wolf
(I have no idea what its original name was but roughly translated it would be something
like that)... Book about boy Russell Clagg who has a wolf "Grey" as his pet...
Then Grey kills a valuable bulldog (I think the bulldog was a partipician of dog shows)
and Russell tries to take Grey back where it belongs.

And lwmxynedtodth, the thing you were talking - I think I have readed about it,
wasn't it all about how certain parts of human brain (ones to aid learning and
memorizing - ??front sector of cortex and the cerebellum??) were overdriven
by the amount of upcoming data... But the prevent "overheating", some primitive
parts of our brains starts ignoring the data flow and as a result, we don't
consciusnessly notice the info the data contained.

But the data will still remain in our subconscious so we can summon that info
back when we really need it (or sometimes it just pops on our mind without no warning).

---

Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:51 pm

lwmxynedtodth wrote:
And where do the nicknames FB37 and QB37 come from? Wild quess: FirstBasic 3.7 and QuickBasic 3.7. One of the first basic assemblers available to the public by eh, the butt-kicking *caugh* Bill Gates.
You've got two out of three right here.

The "37" part refers to WWW.37.COM, part of a former E-Mail address of mine. The address was Newson@37.COM.

The FB and QB parts you got right, though. Good guessing! Thumbs Up
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator
<B>Forum Administrator</B>

Topics: 153
canada.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:47 pm

Name: Greg - BrotherTank

Favorite activity: Playing Guitar & Wolfing

Marital status: Eternal Batchelor

Religion: May whatever god you may or may not believe in have, have mercy on your soul.

Home: Where I live - Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.

Languages: Basic, Pascal, Fortran, C++ - Spoken: English - some French and Thai.

Ethnic background: Scottish, English, French

Work history: Various jobs over the last 30 years including construction, retail, retail management, Disc Jockey, Electrician, Millright, etc.. - currently working on getting healthy (hit by car in February) and loosing this negative - bad luck - that has been haunting me. Will have to wait and see if they will ever let me go back to work now.

Sites frequented: Here - our forums, and any other site that interests me including guitar forums, programming sites, and just plain great humour!
BTW: Check this one out: Mr. Fastfinger <- An amazing example of programming web sites at it's best!

Online services used: Whatever - Whereever I end up when I start surfing.

Computers: (yes, I still have all of these)
Apple ][+ Clone (1980 - personally built by myself).
Apple ][e (same as above)
Timex Sinclair 1000 (had to buy one - lol)
Tandy 1000
Tandy 2500XL (286 Based)
Tandy 1000RLX (386 Based)
Ast Advantage (486 - 33Mhz upgraded to 90 DX)
Packard Bell PII-400Mhz (current)

Connection: DSL

Previous online names: TankDriver aka TankDrvr

Favorite music: Everything from the 50's to some of todays. Can't stand RAP and much of the Trash (oops thrash/death/noise). I listen to too many artists to list.

Quirks: I speak my mind

Photographic reference: The link to my pic is somewhere in the forums.

Greg
BrotherTank

The probability of someone watching you is directly related to the Stupidity of your actions
&
The two most abundant things in the Universe are Hydrogen & Stupidity - H.Ellison

Which of those is more relevant to you??
lwmxynedtodth
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:43 am

Tricob wrote:
The FB and QB parts you got right, though.

Hehe. Firstbasic is dead though - it was kinda easy, I knew because you made your ladderman game in basic Wink.

Just one kind of a notice: most of the wolfers around here are single! Is that because of the age,
or just because we're wolfers? Well, it's never too late.

- lwmxynedtodth

wolfie3dfan
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 6
usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:29 pm

Name: Barbara

Marital status: Not married. Not living with anybody. Not dating anybody. Not not interested, just too lazy to look or be looked at. I've got a good friend here on the forums though who keeps me happy.

Home: 1980 Redman mobile home. White trailer trash you say? Well, I'm not because I don't have tin foil on any of my windows. Anyway, back to the description of my home. It is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath single wide. Has three steps up into the master room so my living room ceiling is 10 foot tall versus 8 foot over the rest of the house. Over the years I have painted all interior walls (took me a month), replaced all carpet, got a mastercool evaporative cooler to replace the crappy one that came with this place, had a furnace installed when the old one almost caused a fire and finally got new stove and fridge. I have done all plumbing repairs under the house (plastic pvc pipe is so easy to fix). I removed an oversized tub in the master bath and put vinyl down on the floor and put a nice dresser drawer in that area. um, I made all my curtains from an eclectic selection of cotten shower curtains and flowery sheets. I've got over 100 cat figurines in a nice glass and oak curio cabinet. I finally bought a kitchen table and chairs last month. Even though I bought this place almost furnished 11 years ago, I had removed the table then. I used the kitchen as my sewing area. But, I've decided to learn how to cook and in order to draw in some of my friends to taste my creations, I needed a place for them to sit. Now I have the small bedroom for sewing and the medium one as my old computer room/storage area. One of my favorite pieces of furniture is my oversized couch. With the pillows removed, it is almost as wide as a twin mattress. Good place for naps. Most of my furniture is mission style oak. Oldest piece is my Magnavox turntable console. It takes up too much room but I can't bring my self to throw it away, I just know one day I WILL listen to my double platinum Barry Manilow greatest hits record. With all the oak furniture and white walls it may sound plain, but I have alot of photos so there is color everywhere. I couldn't really tell you my 'style' other than it isn't too girlie nor is it to masculine. Gosh, did Dan write this profile or what? How did it get so rambling?...LOL just kidding Dan.

Languages spoken: English and I can understand some Spanglish. I refuse to pay college tuition to learn Spanish. I believe it should be offered for free just like English as Second Language. It is very very hard to learn multiple languages when you get older, so all you young multi-linguists are very lucky to do it early.

Religion: Lutheran Christian. eh?

Online services used: I use Trillian for chat since it is more stable with my laptop. Have an old yahoo email (usmilbrat) and long time hotmail account (maty_y_trissie).

Connection: Dial up connection NetZero platinum. It suits me perfectly unless there is a monster wad at doomworld I want. Then I have to make a visit to the 'rents house to use their highspeed...I am waiting for our phone lines to be upgraded and maybe someday I may splurge and get dsl. I have alot of patience and NetZero has been my provider since it came out and I'm perfectly satisfied.

Favorite music: I like greatest hits collections.

Photographic reference: wolfie3dfan.dugtrio17.com If anybody can help me with changing my website to frames with Frontpage (or I have dreamweaver) it would be appreciated. I like lots of photos and the way I have my site now is just not very user friendly. Just PM me and we'll start working together.

Ethnic background: English everything on my mom's side and Norwegian on my dad's side.

Names of cats: Passed on: Ellery Phillip III, Zander and Maty. Trissie is my cat now. She is so cute. Her quirks are she likes to chew on plastic bags.

Sites frequented: And usually in this order; dhw, las cruces sun news, kvia, drudge report, yahoo, dome, nbc4tv, doomworld. And my banking and store accounts.

Work history: Lifeguard, water safety instructor, juvenile pre-detention center tech, computer graphics technician USAF, life coach. I wish I didn't have to work.

Computers: Old compac laptop with W95 squeezed on it. 1997 Gateway 2000 W98 333mhz (man it was blazin in the days), 1999 Dell XP 450 mhz, and 2003 IBM ThinkPad W98se (specifically bought for playing DOS games) 700 mhz. I only use the IBM and XP for the internet. All the computers work fine. I just don't try to play any modern games on them.

Favorite activity: Uh... I guess just doing whatever I want...

Quirks: I put a FREE sign on things I don't want anymore and put them at the end of my driveway. It is a much faster way to get rid of things than having a garage sale. If I buy 12 pairs of white socks I put a different color drop of fingernail polish on each matching pair so sorting is easier after the wash. I don't cook very good. I would say it is a major quirk that I (a lady with questionable maturity) still love to play Wolf3d mods and Doom2 wads.

If you would like to know more about my travels as a military dependent as well as when I was serving in the USAF, send me an email or PM. My email is maty_y_trissie with either the extension of hot mail or net zero.

p.s. I am single because I've never been asked to marry. I'm too independent at this point I guess. Scared of committment is probably more accurate. I'm ugly as sin is probably the exact problem. -lol-

peace and love to all of you wolfers,
wolfie3dfan

<B>Moderator</B>

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:42 pm

OT -

lwmxynedtodth wrote:
Hehe. Firstbasic is dead though - it was kinda easy, I knew because you made your ladderman game in basic Wink.
FB37 and QB37 were a *long* time ago, though. And aside from making that texture generator, I haven't really done any PC-related programming for a year or two.
wolfwhips
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:55 pm

Arent there any chick wolfers here? Too Cool
wolfwhips
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:12 pm

Would say something bout myself, but wouldnt be too long of a post Smile Im from Peru! My interest in wolf goes back to when I bought a 3.5" floppy disk of the shareware in a computer store that doesnt exist anymore when I was in HS. I think the shareware corrupted some data in the HD of the PC i was using to play it, it said "General error, but we'll let you play anyways". I speak both english and spanish, more or less fluently, im waiting for the day I can play wolf multi with lotsa fellow wolfers from around the world : Mr Green Ethnic background, dunno, Im a mutt.

more soon
Adam Biser
Utility Developer
Utility Developer

Topics: 46
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:39 pm

wolfwhips wrote:
Arent there any chick wolfers here? Too Cool

Barbara's a chick.

DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:42 pm

Oh, I didnt know that. Smile
lwmxynedtodth
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:41 am

I thought Chris is a girl. Quite amazing, but I do not really know much girls into computer and programming stuff, so I like to see some of them around.

- lwmxynedtodth

Dugtrio17
Code Master
Code Master

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:51 am

lwmxynedtodth wrote:
I thought Chris is a girl. Quite amazing, but I do not really know much girls into computer and programming stuff, so I like to see some of them around.

I remember you had me confused when you first came here; your signature said "Cherry blossom girl" and your gender was set to female, and then you said to MCS in some thread that "all us Dutch men are fat men" (but not in an obese way, in a cool way, which I believe is spelled "phat") and then your gender was set to male, so I had the hell confused out of me.

Though I guess now I can infer that you're a dude. Smile

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:58 am

I'm ashamed to say that I swapped the translations for male and female. 0_o. Mr Green
And that cherry blossom girl, well, it's an awesome song by Air.

Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 58
blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:42 pm

lwmxynedtodth wrote:

There's quite a few girls in my programming class, actually. We just ask the guys for all the answers, so we don't really have to know anything.
lwmxynedtodth
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:31 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Haha, well, there is only one girl in my computer engineering class. And she knows very much. In case, me and her only choosed this class because we though we might learn something extra. In fact, all the other boys - who nearly touch a computer and ask us all the time - do learn the most. Everything is already familiar for me (and I think for her too).

- lwmxynedtodth

DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Howling Wolfers View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: