DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

[Help] Sound Transforming
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> DieHard Archives View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Raziel
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 49
israel.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:59 am
   Subject: [Help] Sound Transforming
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Hey there,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to put the A_MechaSound that Hitler does when he steps towards you
in the Gift routine. Like when Otto steps towards you you will hear the A_MechaSound that Hitler does.
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

[EDIT] Or maybe anyone can tell me how to make him say the thing that he's saying when he see you over and over again
like a loop.

-Raziel

DieHard SS

israel.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:29 am
   Subject: Re: [Help] Sound Transforming
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Anyone...?Think

DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 65
finland.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:56 am

This is a wild quess... Change Ottos statetypes to look like this:
::: CODE :::

statetype s_giftstand   = {false,SPR_GIFT_W1,0,T_Stand,NULL,&s_giftstand};

statetype s_giftchase1    = {false,SPR_GIFT_W1,10,T_Gift,NULL,&s_giftchase1s};
statetype s_giftchase1s   = {false,SPR_GIFT_W1,3,A_MechaSound,NULL,&s_giftchase2};
statetype s_giftchase2    = {false,SPR_GIFT_W2,8,T_Gift,NULL,&s_giftchase3};
statetype s_giftchase3    = {false,SPR_GIFT_W3,10,T_Gift,NULL,&s_giftchase3s};
statetype s_giftchase3s   = {false,SPR_GIFT_W3,3,A_MechaSound,NULL,&s_giftchase4};
statetype s_giftchase4    = {false,SPR_GIFT_W4,8,T_Gift,NULL,&s_giftchase1};

statetype s_giftdeathcam   = {false,SPR_GIFT_W1,1,NULL,NULL,&s_giftdie1};

statetype s_giftdie1   = {false,SPR_GIFT_W1,1,NULL,A_DeathScream,&s_giftdie2};
statetype s_giftdie2   = {false,SPR_GIFT_W1,10,NULL,NULL,&s_giftdie3};
statetype s_giftdie3   = {false,SPR_GIFT_DIE1,10,NULL,NULL,&s_giftdie4};
statetype s_giftdie4   = {false,SPR_GIFT_DIE2,10,NULL,NULL,&s_giftdie5};
statetype s_giftdie5   = {false,SPR_GIFT_DIE3,10,NULL,NULL,&s_giftdie6};
statetype s_giftdie6   = {false,SPR_GIFT_DEAD,20,NULL,A_StartDeathCam,&s_giftdie6};

statetype s_giftshoot1    = {false,SPR_GIFT_SHOOT1,30,NULL,NULL,&s_giftshoot2};
statetype s_giftshoot2    = {false,SPR_GIFT_SHOOT2,10,NULL,T_GiftThrow,&s_giftchase1};

Raziel
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

israel.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:22 am

At last.. Someone answers... Was that so hard to answer? Laughing
Nvm hehe.. I'll try it now and I will tell you if it worked or not.
Thanks.

[EDIT] Great it works.. Now can anyone tell me how to add a sound every time he shoots you??
like with Hand and the other Chaingun Holders.. I will mention you in the credits XD
Thanks.

-Raziel

Utility Developer

Topics: 46
usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:22 am

Human_Waste wrote:
At last.. Someone answers...

Not even a day had passed and you were already tapping your foot wanting an immediate reply. Is it too hard to search for the location in the code where the hitler stepping sound (MECHSTEPSND) is played and then see how that procedure (A_MechaSound) is used? Standing around going "hey! answer me now!" doesn't always make people want to answer, and, if they do, it's generally just to stop the noise. It's like another thread "how do you open PAK files? oh wait, I actually looked around and XWE can view them"

DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 55
blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:47 am

Human_Waste wrote:

Adam is right. I think one more time and you should be banned. This is getting pretty annoying.

Human_Waste wrote:
Now can anyone tell me how to add a sound every time he shoots you??

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/m/metallica/king+nothing_20092067.html
Raziel
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

israel.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:14 am

If I get banned I can always open a new account... right?
And I didn't knew you guys get angry so fast lol...

And chris I think got the idea of the song.. Too bad I prefer Listening to Gestapo SS which is a great R.A.C band..
Which means... Rock Against Communism... But I guess you like commies and other anti nazi stuff...
And btw.. which rule I was violating?? You don't seem to me look like to forum administrator... Am I right??

<B>Forum Administrator</B>

Topics: 153
canada.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:35 am

Human_Waste wrote:
And chris I think got the idea of the song.. Too bad I prefer Listening to Gestapo SS which is a great R.A.C band..
Which means... Rock Against Communism... But I guess you like commies and other anti nazi stuff...
And btw.. which rule I was violating?? You don't seem to me look like to forum administrator... Am I right??

Ummm... Let's start by saying that "I AM A MODERATOR". And just for the record, I think you should check just how many times Chris has helped people before you start going off on him like you did the last time. Also for the record, in case you didn't know, Chris WAS a moderator in the forums for quite some time (maybe it was before your time here).

Human_Waste wrote:
If I get banned I can always open a new account... right?
And I didn't knew you guys get angry so fast lol...

Now, as the "FORUMS ADMIN", I think you should re-read the rules..... It's obvious that you don't know them very well. And when you have read them, I think you just might want to appologise to both Chris and Adam.... You seem to want everything yesterday, and when people don't respond immediately, you get upset and say something by putting your foot in your mouth. I understand that you would like answers, but as I have said in the past, the members here have lives away from the forums and as such will NOT respond at the drop of the hat. And with the attitude you have been showing, I can't imagine anyone wanting to spend the time required to help you, when they could be doing something else (especially this time of year when everyone has so much to do for the upcomming season).

@ALL: Please just let "Mr. Waste" read the rules and appologise as we don't need more people adding fuel to the fire.

Enough said...

BrotherTank
Forums Admin

The probability of someone watching you is directly related to the Stupidity of your actions
&
The two most abundant things in the Universe are Hydrogen & Stupidity - H.Ellison

Which of those is more relevant to you??
Raziel
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

israel.gif

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:13 am

Too bad you guys don't think before you write... It's such a pity... If you could only see that I was joking by saying that line...
If you'll look better you'll see the LAUGHING FACE!! WHICH MEANS... I WASN'T SERIOUS!
But if you all get angry for no reason... Then fine. But I won't apologize if you can't understand me..
I hope I was clear...

DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 103
israel.gif

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:45 am

you have a bad attitude, Human Waste.
You get here answers from people for free, and yet demanding them to be given fast like you have us working for you "on paycheck"
Adam Biser
Utility Developer
Utility Developer

Topics: 46
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:41 am

@Human_Waste: You were perfectly understood in this case, though you try to deny it. I know that nine and a half hours is a long time to wait. Laughing (note the face!! I'm being sarcastic in the previous sentence.) That wasn't the only line that shows you being impatient. A mere six and a half hours after you posted your original message, you have the "tapping your foot wanting an immediate reply" post that I'm talking about.
Human_Waste wrote:
Anyone...?Think

Sorry, I don't see the smiley/laughing face there. That's the post I saw that made me not want to answer you. I think we've been very patient with you, but then you say things like we don't think before we write and get mad fast, making it even tougher to stay patient.

DieHard SS
DieHard SS

israel.gif

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:44 am

@Adam: I got impatient maybe because I don't like to wait more then 6 hours... It's a lot of time for me.. But ok so you don't live in the same country as I am... So you could of ignore this post of something... I dont know.. Then Chris came and like "Hey if he does that again, let's ban him..." you want to ban me? Fine ban me. See if I care... This forum is not whole my life.. It's just another forum like any other forums...

@Doomjedi: I don't remember I was talking to you... At least I'm not cocky as you... You always think your the best and think that you know all... Well you don't.. And you're not best at everything... Like you said in some Thread.. "My mod is too good to be a wolf mod..." And so on... Well... Your mod is not the best and you're just another spot on my screen Mad
And about your so called CDoom project.. I don't think the Idea was yours. I think you stole it from someone else... You should check this page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doom_2D

Mapping Master

Topics: 186

denmark.gif

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:36 am

Human_Waste wrote:
6 hours... It's a lot of time for me.. But ok so you don't live in the same country as I am...

So you're saying that the time's going faster in Israel? Laughing
lwmxynedtodth
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 38
netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:55 am

Human_Waste wrote:
You always think your the best and think that you know all.

At least he is better than you.

Human_Waste wrote:
@Adam: I got impatient maybe because I don't like to wait more then 6 hours...

You may have noticed that I posted a thread about a weird distance error I had, some enemies were disappearing.
I didn't calculated the time I was waiting for a reply, but it was somewhat two days. The thing is, it was a quite unseen error,
so it would require a look at it from a diehard coding genious. Or two. In the meantime I examined my problem and saw that the bug was only showing up when the player was sighted. That narrowed down the code to check. And I posted that, with the question someone wanted to answer. Real polite, nice and gently. Not just
Quote:

Anyone...?

That is really unkind and without manner.

Quote:

So you could of ignore this post of something...

Posted is posted. I mean, I don't say very bad things to you, and say 'oh, ignore it' afterwards. That is childish.

Quote:

Fine ban me. See if I care... This forum is not whole my life..

It looks like it is. Since you're really wailing for a reply, I think it is your whole life because you don't see what enormous opportunities 6 hours of waiting can be for you and the people around you.

Quote:

It's just another forum like any other forums...

Well, it is not. Around here are a few of the best coding geniouses from the world. On this forum, which is unique, you got a dozen of people who have expertise on the world's first real FPS. This forum is the key to an addiction called "Wolfenstein 3D." But if you like, make nice friends on your other forums.

Quote:

At least I'm not cocky as you...

O rly? I think I missed something. And since everyone is free to post, doomjedi is too.

Quote:

My mod is too good to be a wolf mod...

Well, at least he is honest. He doesn't pack his arrogance in a offensive way. He just says he is the best. He is not, but at least he is honest.

Quote:

I don't think the Idea was yours.

Really? Well I have the quite unseen manner to read people's mind. I remember you asking for the Mac sprites. They look good, don't they? Better than the pc version. So, quite happy you can freely use them in your new mod. Did you actually mentioned there is something like copyright to prevent all this? No, you didn't. And for the fact, did you saw this page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfenstein_3D Maybe now you see that you are actually editing someone elses work yourself. And so is he.

And now about your actually manners. This is a forum for Wolfenstein 3D modders and coders, and just for fun. There are several rules. Since I'm not the proper person to tell them to you, I'm going to tell you something about unwritten rules.
You might mentioned that it is kind to say 'Goodday, sir,' to someone, say the shopkeeper. You also might have noticed that it is usual that you talk former language, don't shout at people and don't say bad or offensive words. Since this forum is part of the real world, and you are talking against normal humans via a phoneline, it is also normal to behave well.
Your shotgun joke was really funny, but now I'm really puking you out. You only say bad things about us, you only judge about us and you only ask ask and ask. Have you helped someone on the forum yet? No? Oh, how likely, I really didn't expect that. So if you want to be banned, I would be greatly appreciated if it happend. And other wise, for me, you're so called 'persona non grata.' I don't like you anymore. I'm disgusted of your manners, tone and bad speaking. Star F

Please, someone, get a towel and remove this mud from my beloved forum.

- the lwmxynedtodth

BrotherTank
Forum Administrator

canada.gif

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:03 pm

Once again.... I grow tired of reading this CRAP.

@Human_Waste:

Human_Waste wrote:
@Adam: I got impatient maybe because I don't like to wait more then 6 hours... It's a lot of time for me.. But ok so you don't live in the same country as I am... So you could of ignore this post of something... I dont know..

Well, you are just going to have to learn to wait. The members of this forum are from all over the world, and all have managed to get along, to wait for responses, and for the most part RESPECT one another. The matter of where anyone lives shouldn't make any difference. We are all people with real lives. We don't all sit at the computer 24hrs a day and wait to answer other peoples questions. As I have said previously, you have to give people time to first read what you've posted and asked for... then to try and find a solution... and then to respond. They may ask more questions of you, which you will need to answer (if you can) so that they can narrow down the problem and find an answer.

In your case, you openly admit to being impatient. As such, that is what gets under peoples skin, because it comes across with a certain arrogance like... These people are here to serve me and I want the answer when I ask for it... No delay... Sorry... this just isn't going to happen.

Human_Waste wrote:

Too bad you guys don't think before you write... It's such a pity... If you could only see that I was joking by saying that line...
If you'll look better you'll see the LAUGHING FACE!! WHICH MEANS... I WASN'T SERIOUS!
But if you all get angry for no reason... Then fine. But I won't apologize if you can't understand me..
I hope I was clear...

Lets look back at those posts.... Because I think you are wrong and that is why I said I believe that you owe the appology. These are the two posts that drew both Adam's and Chris's responses:

Post # 2 .. 6.5 hour delay..
Human_Waste wrote:
Anyone...? Think

Post # 3 - After you got an answer...
Human_Waste wrote:
Nvm hehe.. I'll try it now and I will tell you if it worked or not.
Thanks.

This is where you say you were just joking... But it's hard for people to gauge your demeanor when you say immediately previous "At last.. Someone answers... Was that so hard to answer?". That statement even with the lol at the end of it, still smacks of arrogance and attitude. It is that very reason that people respond to you as they are/did in the other post as well.

Human_Waste wrote:
Then Chris came and like "Hey if he does that again, let's ban him..." you want to ban me? Fine ban me. See if I care... This forum is not whole my life.. It's just another forum like any other forums...

Yep.. that's Chris... He openly speaks his mind. He probably wouldn't have added anything to the conversation except that we all just went through this in a previous thread where you demanded answers and treated the members like crap. Well... If this forum isn't important to you.. and you can't respect the members of the community, please find another place/forum that will let you act and do as you wish. This forum will no longer accept this type of behaviour. This is your second warning. It's your choice... Follow the rules or find a new place to play...

BrotherTank
Forums Admin

@doomjedi

doomjedi wrote:
you have a bad attitude, Human Waste.
You get here answers from people for free, and yet demanding them to be given fast like you have us working for you "on paycheck"

I guess you have a problem reading or understanding exactly what I said in my moderation post. I specifically said to ALL to "please let Human Waste read the rules and appologise as we don't need more people adding fuel to the fire". Your comments were not required and only added more fuel to the fire. I suggest that you read the rules of the forums once again and consider this a moderation warning.

BrotherTank
Forums Admin

@all: Please return the threads back to their proper topics... Please Stop the flame wars... Please try to get along...

Thanks...

Greg
BrotherTank
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator

canada.gif

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:07 pm

Two more piped in while I was making my previous post:

lwmxynedtodth & Thomas - Please read what I said to doomjedi.... it applies as well.

BrotherTank
Forums Admin

THE FLAMMING STOPS NOW!!!!!
Raziel
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

israel.gif

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:04 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

lwmxynedtodth wrote:
Really? Well I have the quite unseen manner to read people's mind. I remember you asking for the Mac sprites. They look good, don't they? Better than the pc version. So, quite happy you can freely use them in your new mod. Did you actually mentioned there is something like copyright to prevent all this? No, you didn't. And for the fact, did you saw this page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfenstein_3D Maybe now you see that you are actually editing someone elses work yourself. And so is he.

Tell me something I don't know.. In the documents that Doomjedi placed with with his so called CDoom he said that it was is idea..
I don't say anything without any backup... So maybe you want to read my post before you say anything.

-To geba Morgoba Sochtok.

DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> DieHard Archives View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: