DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

die hard wolfers private messages
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Speak to Us View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
allthisandwolf3d
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

Topics: 13
usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:45 pm
   Subject: die hard wolfers private messages
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

why did the admin stop me from private messanging anybody? i cannot even pm brothertank to ask the question so i will have to ask it here. and also, why am i considered as a spammer???

<B>Forum Administrator</B>

Topics: 36
usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:05 pm
   Subject: Re: die hard wolfers private messages
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Moving to appropriate forum.

-Leo
Forum Moderator
allthisandwolf3d
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:51 pm

ok thanks leo. but can someone actually answer the question?

Topics: 153
canada.gif

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:50 pm

You really want an answer.... Trust me you aren't going to like the answer.... If you really must know click on the spoiler button below and you will get your answer. But again, trust me... You aren't going to like it...

1. You are considered a Spammer because you fit the definition of a Spammer.
  2. You joined this forum and started posting wildly without even reading the threads that you were posting to.
  3. You failed to follow the rules of the forums. I honestly doubt that you have even read them?
  4. I highly doubt that you read each and every post in the threads that you have been posting to.
  5. You answered or posted to dead or old threads where questions had already been asked and ANSWERED!
  6. You instantly come across as someone who has been here for ages.
  7. You still fail to use the ENGLISH language properly - Best example is your post wanting this answer!
I Warned you that you weren't going to like the answer!
Some Advice:

I know that you are young and shall we say excitable (aka hyper) but, that doesn't give you the right to break the rules of the forum. What would be best in this situation is first for you to read the rules of the forums and learn them - QUICKLY!. Then I would start respecting the people here by using proper english. It doesn't have to be perfect... but it should at least be understandable. We don't require perfect spelling, but street leet and constant use of things like "u" for "you" and such are not prefered.

Remember you are the new one here... So please respect the members of the forums and those that have been here much longer than you. For what it is worth, and if the information you entered in your profile is correct, the game itself is older than you are... But you don't see it acting stupid unless you do something to the source to alter the way it was programmed.

It's not about the NUMBER of posts that you make, it's about the QUALITY of the posts. A spammer will constantly read maybe the first post in a thread and then answer something like "Yep - I agree". A spammer will also do this to everything... Including threads that have been dead for quite some time. Those posts where you haven't seen a response to in lets say over 3 months... is really dead and doesn't need your answer - unless you have something new to add that gives more accurate information or answers something that has gone unanswered. That means you have to actually read!! But... it doesn't mean that you have to catch up by posting to every single thread in the forums.

You need to take the time to get to know the people here.... and fit in... What you have been doing has bothered a good number of members. Think of it this way... Would you be impressed if some stranger off the street just walked into your house and took over everything? Took your room, your toys, your hobbies, and constantly dug up the past?
NOPE!... You'd be pissed...

So take a deep breath... read the rules... and slow down... blend in... In the end, you have to remember that this is OUR place... MCS, BrotherTank, and Areyep. We leave the door open and want people to visit, but in the end - we need people to follow the rules that we have set for this thing to continue to work.

I hope that answers your questions. Now please play nicely... And remember that a SPAMMER looses privilages!

BrotherTank
Forums Admin!

PS: And this is a big one... Follow the instructions and advice of the Administration and the Moderators. Failure to follow the rules of the forums will result in loss of access to this place! But, if you'd read the rules, then you would already know this... Smile Tank

The probability of someone watching you is directly related to the Stupidity of your actions
&
The two most abundant things in the Universe are Hydrogen & Stupidity - H.Ellison

Which of those is more relevant to you??
allthisandwolf3d
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:31 pm

wow brothertank, you cheered my up a lot.

canada.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:34 pm

Here is something that I posted to the Wolf3d Haven Forums - aka "allthisandwolf3d" place:

Wolf3dHaven - BrotherTank answering Questions wrote:
Wolfenstein3D Fan wrote:
Everyone here is a member of diehard or not? I can't because they blocked hotmail -_-

We blocked hotmail and other 3rd party mail sites because of spamming and abuse of the forums, thus people had to use a proper ISP email to validate themselves. Sorry if that creates a problem for you, but hotmail is not an ISP, and in order to protect the forums users and the forums, we have set those rules.

Admin = allthisandwolf3d wrote:
i was a member, not anymore.
Wolfenstein3D Fan wrote:
Why not?

they HATE ME.
THey HATE inccorect spelling. If you spell a thingy wrong, they will ignore YOU!!!!
If you are active they call you a SPAMMER!!!
and much more.

You're account it still there. Always has been. All we asked was that you follow the rules of the forums. You were the one responding to posts that were over a year old since the last response had been entered. Why were you doing it?? Most of the comments you were posting to these DEAD threads were answers like "Yep, I agree" and things like that. As a matter of fact, you were doing the same things on the DieHard Forums that you are now putting in your own rules for this forum.

ronwolf1705 wrote:
No offence, but I thought you were a spammer too. 30 messages on one day is a bit too active, in my opinion.

Many others agreed as well ronwolf. I received more than 1 PM asking me what was up with this member.

Admin = allthisandwolf3d wrote:
well the amount of message is not spamming. its the content.
you cant exactly call me a totaly spammer for replying to all threads?
if i give an exxleant idea in all posts, i am very well, NOT spamming.
and giftmacher is very wise is reminding us. this is supposed to be 'freiendly' after all.
rock on
PS: if you want the special acclaimed psoter rank, youll need to post stuff with lots of good material

When you are posting 30+ messages a day of things like "I agree" - "Yes, You're right" - "I have that" - and even in the post on my health where you said "It's sad, but you didn't read it" - That is spamming. And you were asked nicely (at least twice) by moderators including Brian (Schabbs) to relax, calm, down and take things slowly. You didn't listen to the advice given to you. But, that is up to you. And by making that choice you got the rank of 'Spammer' and the forums stopped working right for you.

And for what it is worth, no-one HATES you.... We just didn't like your actions and failure to follow the rules. Here is the message that I posted to Brian from my forums that backs all of this up...

BrotherTank wrote:
And again, he is more than welcome here.. he's just been asked to follow the rules....
Schabbs wrote:
I let Eric know he's welcome here as long as he follows the rules. He said he may come back later. At the moment he's got a lot of work still to do on his own forum.

No problem Brian... We've never said he wasn't welcome... His account isn't deleted... He just needs to slow down and follow the rules...

Yes, we asked you to use better english... Why? Because we have people from all over the world using the forums, from places where english is not their native language. But, English is the common language that we use to communicate on in the forums. So I don't think it was too much to ask that you try to spell things a little better as a common courtesy to those people that you would be wishing to talk to. And you say above that "if you spelled things wrong they ignored you"... They probably did because they didn't UNDERSTAND your posts. Many people don't have perfect spelling (including me - mainly because of dislexia), but when the posts are understandable, people will respond.

Yes, we asked you to slow down on the posting and stop resurrecting old dead posts that were over a year old. Again, most of your answers while nice to hear at times, didn't need to be added to EVERY post in the forums. Just because the forums are 3 years older than your login date doesn't mean you have to go back and respond to every post or thread. It honestly looked like you were either spamming the forums or trying to insert yourself into the past as a means of catching up. There was no need for that and both Leo and Brian asked you to slow down aka relax & take it easy, work on your spelling so things were understandable, and follow the rules of the forums.

Yes, I gave you an answer as to why you were given the "Spammer" designation and I knew you wouldn't like it. But it was the truth..... And that is also why I am posting this now... to let the truth be known. I will also post this in the DieHard forums as well.

You are and everyone here is welcome to use the DieHard forums. We just ask that you follow the rules of the forums (just as you have much of the same rules here). We ask that you respect the other members of the forums and we ask that you follow the direction of the moderators and admin (just as you ask of the members here in your forums).

I have no problems with your forums - except when you use the specific name "DieHard" or any variation of it, as that has been our trademark for the last 5+ years. I think it's great that you have your own forums. I hope that you will do better than those others that have tried in the past and failed. I also hope that you will try to be original and not copy things like our ranks ("DieHard" ones). And I asked Brian to ask you nicely to remove the ones that you had. It was just common courtesy again. If you saw that as a personal attack on you, you are greatly mistaken. Wouldn't you be upset if someone started a forum using your name? I bet you would - so please don't make it out like I'm being the heavy handed one in this situation.

Anyhow... I wish you well.. and should you decide to return and visit our forums... just as I read yours on occasion.. you are welcome if you follow the rules.

BrotherTank
Forums Admin - DieHard Wolfers
Dean
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 52
australia.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:41 pm

This doesn't surprise me at all. I joined up at his forum because WLHack, Schabbs and a few others were there. I particiapted for about 2 weeks but then left because he drove me crazy responding to every single post made by anyone. His spelling is atrocious and most of his comments are completely unneccessary, I just couldn't be bothered wasting my time there talking such 'fluff' all the time.

The other reason I left was, and this is not ageism or anything like that, but was because the forum is run by a 13 year old kid. I'm 35, there's a big generation gap there, he wasn't even alive when Wolf came out, i'd been driving for 3 years..... It was very noticable to me how young he was and I just couldn't be bothered dealing with a young kids whinging immature ways. If you look closely through his forum you'll see a number of places where he has complained about his 'supposed' bad treatment here.

The final straw came from me when I logged in about 16 hours after the last time I had been there, there was over 20 threads that I hadn't read and he had the last comment on every single one of them and they were all 2-5 word answers that all said nothing.

I'm not saying that anyone else shouldn't join his forum, I'm just mentioning 'my' experiance's there for others information.

"Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people" - Socrates
Thomas
Mapping Master
Mapping Master

Topics: 186

denmark.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:49 am

Last edited by Thomas on Sun May 29, 2011 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator

canada.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:47 am

I know guys, but I told them that I would cross post this for accuracy but not for slamming them or their forums. What they do over there is what they do. I only want them not to use things like the DieHard name and not to talk bad of our forums. I cross posted the message to make sure and let you all know that I had set the record straight.

We run our forums the way we do to protect your personal information as best we can. At the same time, we make sure that we keep the information (posts) within the forum open for anyone to read. In order to participate (post) they must accept and follow the rules, that we have in place.

I just ask you all to do the same for them. They run their forums as they wish, and set the rules as they want. How they handle things is entirely up to them and if they have problems (which every forum will over time) it's theirs to handle and deal with.

I just wanted them to know, as well as all of you, that we didn't kick anyone out, delete any accounts, or refuse access to anyone. I have no bad feelings against "allthis" or anyone else. We just asked that they follow the rules of the forums and the direction of the moderators.

Greg
BrotherTank
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 163
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:13 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Yeah, if WLHack and others are in the forums up there, they're obviously doing something right, anyway ... Smile
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Speak to Us View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: