DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Spam Attack
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> News & Forum Rules View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator
<B>Forum Administrator</B>

Topics: 153
canada.gif

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:51 am
   Subject: Spam Attack
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Sorry guys and gals,

Last night or should I say early this morning my time, the board was attacked by a pissed off user. I believe that this all started when Adam did the right thing and edited a post by Lord Raffles and removed an offending image and sent me a PM.

I in turn, advised Lord Raffles that posting images like that were against the forum rules and asked what ever went thorugh his mind to post something so stupid. When the forums tried to send the PM in an e-mail to Raffles, it was bounced back to me as an unknown account (the email used to validate the account).

It is obvious that Raffles (I am not using Lord because an ass like that doesn't deserve to be known as a Lord) didn't like finding that his account was set to enter a new valid e-mail before being able to post again. It's also very obvious that whoever did this not only didn't like what Adam had done, my response to his actions, but it appears that he also has a thing for Dean.
I don't knwo that this is the work of Raffles, but it's rather coincidental...

Anyhow, it took MCS and myself about an hour to get things all cleaned up and back to where they were before the attack. The new accounts that he created to cause this attack were "Snoopdog" and "theRedBaron" - We are sorry if any of you got e-mails from the system when this jerk was using PM's to flood and spam the system. I don't think he sent anything to your personal e-mails personally, but what you received were copies of the PM's he posted in the forums here.

If you did get e-mails or do get e-mails from this ass directly, please forward them to me (ask in PM and I will set up a new e-mail address that you can forward these to) as they contain information that will help me nail the bastard. Yep, I'm pissed... I've been up over 30 hours, in pain because the meds aren't working and I have to wait so long before I can take the next stronger med in my perscriptions and this was the last thing I needed to see or have to take care of.

I am proud of the members that logged in and saw things happening and not posting back at them to egg them on. Although, I appreciate the PM's you sent me saying it was happening, I was able to see it as well when I logged in. I too had over 9 PM's in my box from this idiot. So when it's one thing ie: a post or two or something like that, I appreciate the PM, but in a spam attack like this - it's really not needed.. lol....

Anyhow, The board will be in somewhat of a lockdown for the next little while. New accounts will have to be validated by the Admins, so this will stop new accounts from being created and used to spam the forums like this. You don't have to worry about non-members having access to your e-mail information as that is NOT displayed to anyone not logged into the system. I took care of that problem ages ago.

I appologise to you all for the problems - the offensiveness of the material posted - and any e-mails that may have been sent to you using this system.

Greg
BrotherTank
Forums Admin

Last edited by BrotherTank on Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator

canada.gif

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:29 am
   Subject: Re: Spam Attack
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

As you have also probably noticed, the userlist is now MUCH smaller than it was before. Many users who had not logged on in more than 6 months, who had little to no posts and those that had not logged into the system in over a year - were removed from the userlist.

Yes, there are a few that still fall into this group that remain, but they are people that I know or have talked to personally in the past.

Anyhow, the forums are locked down. Only current members will be able to log in and post. MCS and I think we got everything. If you notice or find any comments that we missed, please notify the Moderator of that area and it will get taken care of.

Once again, sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused anyone. It's now time for me to try the next and unfortunately strongest meds that I have and hopefully I will be able to get some sleep.

Greg
BrotherTank
Born4battle
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 37
usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:00 pm

Some people are so ignorant and stupid. Why the heck would you waste your time spamming PMs. What an ass.

Topics: 35
usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:19 am

Thomas
Mapping Master
Mapping Master

Topics: 186

denmark.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:22 pm

Last edited by Thomas on Sun May 29, 2011 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Zombie_Plan
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 101
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:31 am

TheTalentedMrLeo wrote:

i lol'd

Welcome to 2016, where DHW still thinks it is okay to ban the world's most popular email service provider, and I can't have an avatar over 10kb
thellt
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

Topics: 11
usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:47 am

some people suck...

look for helt3d
Dean
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 52
australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:19 pm

Yes Thellt, they certainly do Very Happy

"Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people" - Socrates
TheTalentedMrLeo
Forum Administrator

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:35 pm

thellt wrote:
some people suck...

Thelt, how many times do we have to go over this? I've already explained to you not to do this, so I'm asking you again, DON'T DO THIS. Please don't apologize to me, there's no need for it. Just do as I ask, and don't spam threads like these with nonsense.
TexZK
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 19
italy.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:18 pm

Fortunately I used to log in sometimes... I don't want get removed from this community because of a kid like that!!!
Fragstein3D
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:18 am

Hmm and taking all this into consideration, there are people here that want my account revoked and disabled permanently because of some minor misdemeanors that aren't actually documented in the Forums rules (at the time they happened)

Go figure.
Dean
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 52
australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:40 pm

What the Hell does any of what's happened with you have to do with this thread?

You were never accused of spamming the forums.

Why can't you just come here and talk about Wolf? Why do you have to keep dwelling on this rather than just come here and be a constructive member of the forum. Have you really not learnt anything from all of this?

Got to be honest with you Frag, I was hoping things would be a bit different when you came back, it looks to me like we might be headed down the same path again though...

"Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people" - Socrates
Fragstein3D
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:54 pm

Do you ever read?
TheTalentedMrLeo
Forum Administrator

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:37 pm

Everyone but you, apparently.
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator

canada.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:28 pm

Fragstein3D wrote:
Hmm and taking all this into consideration, there are people here that want my account revoked and disabled permanently because of some minor misdemeanors that aren't actually documented in the Forums rules (at the time they happened)

Go figure.

I've had it with your Fraggin Attitude!!!

You were given the suspension because of the stance, attitude, and total disrespect to not only me, but also the moderators of these forums. When you responded to Dean as being wrong and the response in total - immediately broke the rule (that was in place at the time and still is now) that you don't respond to moderators the way you did. The rule calls for immediate and permanent removal from the forums.

I stepped up and said 30 day suspension.... So yes, I broke the rule in your favor. Want me to go back and revisit that decision, just keep it up... You were told that to return to the forums, that you were to follow the rules and respect the admin and the moderators. No-one was giving you a hard time. They were directing you to read and follow the forum rules because you were walking a thin line. When you crossed it, you were given the suspension. Why do you think I kept saying read the rules. I saw where you were going and knew that you would take the step over the line.

You were NOT suspended because of Spamming the forums. Leo is right. You've posted into a completely different topic something that doesn't belong to this topic - which is about spamming the forums.

You've crossed the line once... and I was light on you. Please don't cross it again. And loose the attitude telling us what we should do.. that's dancing on the wrong side of the line.

Greg
BrotherTank
Forums ADMIN & the TOP MODERATOR!
Fragstein3D
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:45 pm

Excuse me, but what is an Attitude? when i type something i am not putting any emotional resonance into anything i type
it's just plain flat text with nothing describing how i am feeling, i do not express anger or frustration.
As stated above it is just text, i don't even use emoticons.
I just type words, how can i express an attitude in text? theres no tone of voice in text.

Please do tell me because i do not comprehend what you are saying.
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator

canada.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:49 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

It's obvious that you do not want to accept any type of moderation and wish to do as you please in these forums.

Sorry, but that will never happen. I post a response telling you that it was your words and attitude in reaction to being moderated by Dean, and that you were given a break and you again post crap like this...

I just hit the red button... Bye!

Seeing as you can't follow the forums rules, or take any moderation, you have one option as a solution.. Leave..
And by hitting the red button, I'm just helping you out.

Forums Admin!
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> News & Forum Rules View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: