DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Email address banned?
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Speak to Us View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
Redeemer
Can I Play Daddy
Can I Play Daddy

Topics: 5
usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:19 am
   Subject: Email address banned?
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

This is a question for the webmasters of this forum...

Well, I recently got a new email address at Gmail. But when I open my profile to change my current email address to my new one, it says that the email address I'm trying to use is banned. How can that be if I just registered it yesterday and I haven't used it on this forum once? Neutral

I'm thinking that somebody who used that email address before me could've possibly come here, was a jerk, and got himself banned, but that seems rather unlikely. It's probably just the code in this forum or something, because when I go to the banlist, I can't see any bans.

At anyrate, I wish to update my email address but it won't let me. Could somebody help please?

You can rate and review the Silencer Demo here.
Schabbs
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 33
uk.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:42 am
   Subject: Email address banned?
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Email addresses from 3rd party accounts like gmail, hotmail and yahoo were banned some time ago. The rule was brought in to help prevent people from setting up multiple accounts on the forum.

Members should use the email address from their isp provider, unless they were already registered under hotmail etc before the ban.

Can I Play Daddy
Can I Play Daddy

Topics: 5
usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:31 pm
   Subject: Re: Email address banned?

Ok, thanks.

You can rate and review the Silencer Demo here.
AlumiuN
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 38
newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:56 pm

You could do what I did and just throw your email address in your signature and disable showing the email button in your profile.
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator
<B>Forum Administrator</B>

Topics: 153
canada.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:52 am

The other option is this:

If you don't want to use your parents e-mail address for your own (as assigned by the ISP you have), you can check a few of the following options:

1] Most ISP's will allow you to sign up to 5 extra emails via your ISP - Have your parents create one for you to use....

2] If you DO NOT have option 1 available, then what you can do is sign up for Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo... etc.. And Send a PM to one of the Moderators. In this E-mail you must include:
  • Your Parents ISP assigned E-mail address
  • Your G-mail, Hotmail, or Yahoo E-mail Account info
  • You must include a password that you are using currently.
Then the Moderator can Modify your account over to the new E-mail Address. They will Put the Parental E-Mail address into the USER Notes Section of your Profile (only seen by the Admin and Moderators), and then send you a PM saying that the changes have been made.

Please NOTE: If I then start getting messages that your e-mail account is in-active - UNKNOWN - Or bouncing messagse back because you haven't told your e-mail program that messages from diehardwolfers@areyep.com are NOT Junk Mail, I will either ask a moderator to change things to your Parental E-mail Address or Set your account that you must use your own e-mail (as defined in item "1" above), so that you are not causing problems with the e-mail system for the forums and unfairly causing more work/problems for me to look after.

Greg
BrotherTank

And for those that don't know what I mean about your ISP giving you more than 1 account with your signup with them, Mine gives me 10 additional e-mails. I know that most ISP's give at least 2 to 5. Some may charge a minor fee for having additional e-mail accounts, but the cost is very minimal and worth it, as it is added to your monthly ISP charge. In those cases you might be looking at say 10$ additional per year for your added e-mail. I don't see anyone having problems being able to afford that.

The amount of mail that you will recieve from these forums is minimal, unless you are carrying on heavy conversations using the PM system....

P.S.S:... If you still can't figure out what I am talking about, talk to your parent and/or ask a moderator for assistance. We are not out to block everyone from using the forums, but we do need a minimum level of security to make sure that should you do something illegal, spam the forums, or break the rules of the forums, that we have some way of protecting ourselves and making sure that you are notified of any problems.

It's for YOUR Safety and Ours!!!

Greg
BT [tank]
Lingyan203
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

Topics: 16
canada.gif

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:28 pm

What if you or ur parents don't have an e-mail address assigned by your ISP? That's what happened to me before I actually became a member of this forum. I've been trying to join this forum for over 4 years.
Dean
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 52
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:56 pm

Lingyan203 wrote:
What if you or ur parents don't have an e-mail address assigned by your ISP? That's what happened to me before I actually became a member of this forum. I've been trying to join this forum for over 4 years.

Then you would follow one of the other options as outlined by BrotherTank

Quote:
[2] If you DO NOT have option 1 available, then what you can do is sign up for Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo... etc.. And Send a PM to one of the Moderators. In this E-mail you must include:
- Your Parents ISP assigned E-mail address
- Your G-mail, Hotmail, or Yahoo E-mail Account info
- You must include a password that you are using currently.

The way we would have done it for you to join using your parents email address, then once your account is active and we confirm you aren't just here to Spam us or anything, email one of the moderators and we will then remove your parents email address and insert your email address.

Unfortunately almost no one took this option and was unable to join. BrotherTank is working on fixing things up so more people can join, safely.

We are happy to have you here LingYan, thanks for not giving up trying to join!

"Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people" - Socrates
Lingyan203
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

Topics: 16
canada.gif

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:42 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

No problem! I had to use a Windows Live e-mail at live.com to join, it was the only one that wasn't banned.
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Speak to Us View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: