DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

End of Destiny Editor's version - Knowledge base!
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> AReyeP & MCS Games Support View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
Reactor
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 27
hungary.gif

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:22 pm
   Subject: End of Destiny Editor's version - Knowledge base!
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I think it's high time for someone to create a topic for End of Destiny - Editor's version, which would serve as a great help for those like me, who are fooling around with the map editor, or perhaps a game editor (like WDC) to create their own mods and total conversions. In this topic, every editor can be informed about the changes and the differences compared to other Wolfenstein 3D or Spear add-ons, mods, and total conversions. Editing the game seems easy at first, but later, terrible things can happen, if you're not careful. It's extremely easy to mess up the Editor's version, especially if you tend to create a total conversion,and tear the game apart with WDC or ChaosEdit, and there - your whole project gone up in smoke. I decided to continuously share my findings and revealed glitches I found during the editing progress of my own TC. Trust me, this would save a TON of trouble for others, who would like to play around with the Editor's version.

First let's see the music allocation of the game:

0 - This short tune can be heard after defeating the final boss, and BJ's figure appears from behind the monster.
1 - Level 26: Hell on Earth
2 - Main menu
3 - Level 16: Room of stealth
4 - Scoring music
5 - Level 17: Ambuscade!!!
6 - Level 15: The underworld
7 - Level 6: The basement
8 - Level 9: Room of 3 keys
9 - 1st Challenge
10 - Super secret level 1: Greed
11 - Level 25: Heinrich
12 - Level 8: The Powder Keg, Level 20: Roundabout
13 - Level 14: The old Stalag
14 - Secret level 4: The Panic room
15 - Ending music
16 - High scores
17 - Intro
18 - UNKNOWN
19 - Level 2: Entryway
20 - Level 3: Flame Tunnel, Level 23: UC blue, IC red
21 - Level 4: Prison cellar, Level 21: A little secret
22 - Level 5: The mines
23 - Level 7: Feculent, Level 22: Otto
24 - Level 10: Tribulations
25 - Level 11: Hidden vault, 3rd Challenge
26 - Level 12: Vault of death
27 - Level 13: Run & Gun!!!
28 - Level 18: Library wing, Level 24: Heinrich's admin
29 - Level 19: Central office
30 - Secret level 1: Deja vu 3
31 - Secret level 2: Mirror rooms
32 - Super secret level 2: Clone wars
33 - Super secret level 3: Frosty!
34 - Super secret level 4: 123 you're dead
35 - 2nd Challenge
36 - Secret level 3: E1L1 Reborn
37 - Level 1: Estate entry
38 - 4th Challenge

As you can see, the arrangement of the songs is very irregular in the game. It's also notable that some levels has exactly the same song, which cannot be changed, so it's wise to take this into account when designing level 24. It will have the same song as level 18 had.

It is also extremely important to take the limits of the game into account, when creating a level. It caused me great headaches, and I wasn't able to figure them out m'self, so to prevent such events happen again, I share these with my fellow editors.

- The game can handle 511 static objects maximum. Objects, scenery items, powerups, weapons, keys, artefacts, directional sprites (fences, flags etc) are counted towards the 511 total. The problem is, the Mapedit included with the game will NOT count many static objects, and this may cause a heap of trouble. You may either count the objects manually, or screw around with WDC.
- Game triggers, blocking codes, teleport locations, and such aren't counted as static objects.
- Dead bodies and Rocket turrets aren't counted as static objects either, but they are counted as guards. Same goes for the flames and of course, the boss enemies. I'm not sure what is the maximum enemy limit on a level...at least I didn't have problems with this so far.
- You can have 64 doors in a level maximum. Now this is also confusing, because Mapedit does not counts several doors, like the automatic iron doors. You just have to count these manually, or write'em down.
- You can have only 2 teleport locations in a level. You can have as many teleporters as you want, but only 2 destination arrival locations.
- The invisible teleport transfers you to "Teleport to here 2", and it will not make the "WHOOSH" sound, except when used at level 26.
- In the objects list, you will see an object called "Teleporting artefact ?" and "Warp entry ?". Ignore these, as they're not working at all. Sure it would be fantastic if you could just give a value, and have 4-5-6-1500 teleporters on a level, but that's really not what this thing is about. Don't ask me what is it used for.
- NEVER allow an Officer, an SS, or a Clone to step on a landmine, or you'll get funny graphics instead of their carcass.
- If a Clone walks into an Artefact of Death, the same thing will happen.
- If you Knife fury an Officer without alerting him, you'll also get funny graphics.
- Mapedit will not allow you to place "Secret door" trigger on certain walltypes. If you do it anywayz, the wall's graphics will change after you open the secret door, and this changed graphics will NOT disappear.
- Sometimes certain walls show the wrong wall texture. I designed a toilette with tilewalls, and when I walked in during gameplay, all wall tiles displayed the "Exit elevator" and "Wooden door frame" textures. God knows what the game's problem is.
- Suicide Clones usually turn into a Guard, when they get wounded. This only happens for a VERY short time, but is noticeable.
- You can have more than 2 fireball shooter walls in a level, but only 2 of them can be controlled by switches.
- You can use ANY wall to be fireball shooting wall.
- If you change the weapons' graphics, the gun bobbing will entirely disappear.
- The enemy spawn triggers fail to work at certain levels.
- Triggering an enemy spawn will make your Rocket launcher useless. It will also make fireball shooters, and projectile shooting enemies (Superclone, Rocket turret) totally harmless....the projectiles just will not appear at all!
- The "deaf guard floor" fails to work at Ultraclones.
- The "deaf guard floor" also fails at wide, open levels, such as outdoor areas, where you'll see no doors at all. The "deaf guard floor" also won't work at moving enemies, even if you cover its entire movement area with that floortype.
- If you commit serious editing on the game (graphics, sounds, songs), it crashes very often during gameplay for no particular reason. Sometimes a DIVIDE ERROR message might be shown when this happens, but sometimes not.

I'll keep this information topic updated with anything I find useful.

Reactor
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

hungary.gif

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:23 pm
   Subject: End of Destiny Editor's version - Knowledge base!
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Here is the digital sounds list, which sound is what:

0 - Guard sight
1 - Suicide clone activates the detonator
2 - Rusty door open
3 - Rusty door close
4 - Your machinegun shot
5 - Your pistol shot
6 - Your MK3 shot
7 - SS sight
8 - Your MK4 shot
9 - SS shoot
10 - Guard die 1
11 - Guard die 2
12 - BJ gets hurt (flame, toxic puddle etc.)
13 - Secret door rumbling
14 - Suicide clone explodes
15 - Clone die / explosion tears to pieces
16 - SS die
17 - Guard shoot
18 - Blood slurping
19 - Officer sight
20 - Officer die
21 - Breaking down a coloumn
22 - Switch activate/elevator activate
23 - Guard die 3
24 - Guard die 4
25 - Fart (Snowman dies)
26 - Guard die 5
27 - Guard die 6
28 - Guard die 7
29 - Grau Adler sight
30 - Grau Adler die
31 - Cybertrooper sight
32 - Cybertrooper die
33 - Superclone/Ultraclone die
34 - Baron von Schmitt sight
35 - Baron von Schmitt die
36 - Ultimate boss sight
37 - Ultimate boss die
38 - MK3 is found
39 - Spear picked up
40 - Out of ammo
41 - Rocket explosion/Rocket turret die
42 - Radio
43 - Locked door entry attempt
44 - Explosive barrel boom
45 - BJ yells "Yeah!"
46 - The gong sound (used at Super secret level 1: Greed)
47 - Boss chaingun fire
48 - Farting 2
49 - Boss MK3 fire
50 - Knife fury "Whoosh" / final level changes to Hell
51 - Toilet flush
52 - Your rocket fire
53 - Otto sight
54 - Otto die
55 - Haufmann sight
56 - Haufmann die
57 - Enemy rocket fire
58 - Enemy killed by stealth rifle
59 - Armor suit belching
60 - Stealth rifle shot
61 - Wooden door close
62 - Wooden door open
63 - Iron door close
64 - Iron door open

End of Destiny's sound board works a lot like the songs board. One sound effect is used by multiple stuff, like the Knife fury "whoosh" sound. This is interesting to talk about, since totally same sounds has two different portions in the game - like the rocket fire sound.

As far as I'm aware, nothing happens if you replace an old sound with a new one, which is slightly longer. But for God's sake, when I say "slightly longer", it doesn't mean a sound should play for a whole minute! The game is buggy enough as it is, do not provoke it by putting exaggeratedly long sounds.

If you don't use WDC, you might have to convert the sounds manually. End of Destiny supports WAV files only, 8 bit 22 kHz only. WDC will auto-convert the sound WITHOUT modifying the original WAV file itself, so it's damn useful for this task.

I would also like to add some more findings I've met:

- If you put too many enemies on the level, the game will NOT crash, but projectile firing enemies will not fire anything, and your rocket launcher will not work. Enemy spawn points will not work either. I'm still running some tests on these enemy spawn triggers, since they act quite strange sometimes.
- If you do editing on the game in a bigger degree, the green screen blink (when you pick up something) will entirely disappear.

Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 163
usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:59 pm
   Subject: Re: End of Destiny Editor's version - Knowledge base!

Reactor - The maximum length of a digitized sound is less than 10 seconds. If you try to make it longer, the editor will hack it off, or not load up the sound at all. Wolf3D's sound engine won't play back a sound longer than that. Sad
Reactor
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

hungary.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:20 pm

Okay folks, here are some new findings:

- The maximum enemy limit is quite interesting to talk about. Whilst you can have up to 60 Ultraclones at "Clone wars" level, the game malfunctions at level 36 (Challenge 2), like rockets will not fly off, and fireball shooting walls will not shoot anything (and enemy spawn triggers also doesn't work). Someone should tell something about this constantly changing "max enemy" number.

- This problem also appeared in the original End of Destiny: The pushwall controlling switches fail to work sometimes, so you need to pull'em twice. However, this only happens when y'pull two pushwall-controlling levers under a short period of time.

AReyeP
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

Topics: 23
southafrica.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:13 am

True about the remote pushwalls. You couldn't have more than one pushwall sliding at any particular time in the Wolf engine. This problem was evident to me when designing the levels - putting two switches to different pushwalls side by side would create this problem, so I tried to design all levels so that secret pushwall switches were a few seconds apart (although if a player runs they may defeat this). You just have to take certain limitations into account when making a level.

<B>Moderator</B>

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:45 pm

In those cases, I'd design a safeguard in the code so that if you try to flip the Pushwall switch when another Pushwall is moving, the switch wouldn't move, and there'd be an in-game message saying something like:
Quote:
The switch didn't budge. Give it a moment and try again?
Haasboy
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 58
southafrica.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:21 pm

Tricob wrote:
In those cases, I'd design a safeguard in the code so that if you try to flip the Pushwall switch when another Pushwall is moving, the switch wouldn't move, and there'd be an in-game message saying something like:
Quote:
That's a nice little feature, or else you can use AlumiuN's(????) multiple pushwall fix...

DieHard SS

hungary.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:28 am

Well, it's not a great problem, I just noticed that only one pushwall is allowed to slide. All I need to do is shorten the sliding route, and there Smile

I ran some experiments with Landmines. Ultraclones become funny graphical glitch monsters when they step on a landmine, but landmines work perfectly on Cybertroopers, and (possibly) Superclones.

Looking around in Level 26 - Hell on Earth, I noticed that no spawn point is marked for Von Schmitt, or the Mystical Red Thing ultimate boss. Only Grau Adler's location is given. Then how am I supposed to make the other two bosses appear? They just come out of nowhere in a certain co-ordinate, like the Elevator key in "Greed" level? If so, what are the co-ordinates?

Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:51 pm

Haasboy wrote:
Tricob wrote:
Quote:
That's a nice little feature, or else you can use AlumiuN's(????) multiple pushwall fix...
Yes ... if you're running it with SDL code. I was trying for a fix that required as few changes as possible with the 16-bit version. Memory is much more of a factor in that EXE. Smile
Reactor
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

hungary.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:55 pm

New problem alert:

If you do massive editing on the game, the fireplace and hellwall walls will not damage you anymore. I changed both walls' graphics.

AReyeP
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

Topics: 23
southafrica.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:30 am

Reactor wrote:
Looking around in Level 26 - Hell on Earth, I noticed that no spawn point is marked for Von Schmitt, or the Mystical Red Thing ultimate boss. Only Grau Adler's location is given. Then how am I supposed to make the other two bosses appear? They just come out of nowhere in a certain co-ordinate, like the Elevator key in "Greed" level? If so, what are the co-ordinates?

The starting locations of those two bosses is hard coded. Kill Grau Adler, and von Schmitt spawns in to a set coordinate - likewise kill von Schmitt, and the final boss spawns in. I just told MCS where and when I wanted these bosses to spawn, and he then set it up that way for me. We wanted the player to face off against each boss in sequence - if we'd just placed all 3 in the map the player could go for the main boss and avoid the others. I suppose the hard coding isn't good for those wanting to completely change the final level, but then an editor version isn't what we had in mind at the time. We were wanting something unique in particular levels to make the gameplay interesting and different - eg: the 123 You're Dead level where you race against a timer. Likewise the key in the Greed level - that's hard coded to appear once the last treasure has been picked up. Once that happens, the clones go for the player as there's no treasures left for them to go after. I wonder if it's possible to hex edit the exe to alter these spawn points? Beats me as I know bugger all about coding! If there's anyone who would know it'd be someone like BrotherTank or Chris.

I don't recall the exact spawn coordinates, I do recall the red boss spawns just in front of where the spear was located at the starting position. The key in Greed spawns at the centre of the map.
Reactor
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

hungary.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:34 pm

I'm done with the editing of the "Greed" level, and I had no problems for "altering" the level themes so far Smile I mean...if I'd just take your level, make some dilly-dally editing on it, and develop it as mine - BIG mistake, don't you agree? It's pure copying, and is heavily discouraged among Wolf3D fans. But I would not copy your creations anywayz, it's not a nice thing to do. They were your ideas after all Smile

Level "Greed" is replaced with my level "Time-runner". Here in this super secret level, a GIGANTIC enemy force is advancing slowly but constantly to your location, whilst the doors leading to the exit are locked. You have little time to find the keys, and get the hell outta there, since it's purely impossible to fight 50+ enemies with a sole knife. The level has tons of goodies, ammunition, Christmas presents, and everything else (but no weapons of course!) which you can start collecting. However, doing so might make you run out of time. The choice is simple. Grab the key and run, or risk your life and start stuffing your pockets?

Level "123 you're dead" is replaced with my level "Honour". At this level, you're in a small fortification with some ammunition, first aid, and weapons. Enemies are marching against you, and with the first aid and firepower provided, you get to stand your ground, and try to drive the invaders back. The first few waves might be easy to ward off, but then, meaner and tougher hostile squadrons will arrive. Let's see if you can survive three minutes, and eliminate all of them Wink The idea came from the famous VNV Nation song, titled "Honour".

I won't touch the final level for a few weeks now, but I really need the boss spawn co-ordinates, I must know where they'll emerge. If the location is inside a wall, it'd make the game impossible to complete.

Reactor
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

hungary.gif

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:26 pm

I just came across some other things recently:

1) The respawn of the Ultraclone may alert many enemies on the same floortype.

2) When an officer stumbles into a Death artefact, the game will display wrong graphics (it'll display your rocket launcher shooting a rocket). This is bad, since there were no graphical problems in the original Spear: End of Destiny, when an officer walked on a Death artefact (same happens with normal Clones). Needs to be corrected ASAP.

3) Ultraclones will display the wrong graphics when stepping on a landmine. Cybertroopers, however, CAN step on a landmine, and die flawlessly.

4) You may notice a "Blue ceiling light" at the bottom of the objects list. Normally, these are unlit blue ceiling lights. AReyeP mentioned in the map creation note file that there is a lightswitch overlay on switches, which would turn these unlit blue ceiling lights up, but it only seems to work in level 35. Now it's time to confirm this. I don't know whether or not this lamp switch overlay and the blue lamps work or not, but if you dare to use'em on other levels, the ceiling lights will burst into a couple of distorted static objects, like some kind of weird shapeshift.

5) Death artifacts sometimes disappear, when 4-5 enemies walk into them. This happened me once - so far - but I'm pretty sure it'll happen other times as well. So enemies actually can "disarm" Death artifacts, but it takes 4-5 enemies to die by that.

6) The snowmen can be killed, but the program will treat'em as they are still alive (the snowmen from level Frosty), which means, if you use the snowmen on regular levels, it'll take away kill percentage.

7) The game doesn't want to give me any bonus when my treasure ratio is above 100%. Remember, the snowmen often dropped treasures for ya, when killed. If you use the snowmen on regular levels, they'll lower the kill percentage alright, but they'll boost the treasure ratio above 100%. Sounds fun, yeah, the problem is that the game will not give me the 10000 points bonus, if the percentage is not equal to 100%.

Cool Never use two pushwalls for one secret trigger. The game will think that you're a magician, creating 2 secret areas from one, and will boost the secret ratio above 100% at the end of the level. And guess what - you won't get your 10000 bonus, if the percentage is not equal to 100%.

And yesh, the game STILL freezes a lot, without any reason, giving me a "DIVIDE ERROR" message sometimes...

Reactor
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

hungary.gif

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:54 pm

Alright guys, it seems the End of Destiny - Editor's Version is corrupted originally. I deliberately started a new game without any editing, using only the End of Destiny I downloaded from areyep.com. It froze only 10 minutes after started playing.

AReyeP, can't you tell MCS that this Editor's version needs a quick medical attention? It would be extremely important.

By the way, here are the boss spawn coordinates at the final level:

Baron von Schmitt: 13 ; 44
Ultimate boss: 59 ; 44

If I were you, I would leave the 58-60 fields open also just to make sure that the ultimate boss will not be spawned inside a wall.

Reactor
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

hungary.gif

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:25 pm

OK folks, here is some more knowledge I've managed to find out while creating Tristania3D. The EoD engine MCS published is FULL OF BUGS. I kid you not. Let me show you another list of stuff you must know, if you want to screw around with the End of Destiny - Editor's version.

COMPILING EXTENSION:
================

- If you use other than WL6, the game will crash with PM11 error message.

EDITING THE README FILES:
===================

- You might know that you need to insert the ^P modifier, if you want to create a new page. But don't forget you will need one for the FIRST PAGE AS WELL!!! If you don't, the game will crash.

- You must also add a ^E modifier at the very end of text. If you don't, the game will crash.

- You can use ONLY THOSE IMAGES which were originally in the unmodified text!!!!! You can't insert an image into any of the texts, which was not originally in the unmodified text (e.g. you can't add the sniper rifle-rocketlauncher-backpack image into the "Read This!" text). If you do it anywayz, the game will crash with "TX3" error message.

- You can have approximately 60 pages. If you create more, the game will crash. WDC will display a warning message when you reach the critical mass of characters.

LEVEL EDITING STUFF:
===============

- Enemies CAN PICK UP TRIGGERS!!! This includes secret triggers and enemy spawn triggers. Which means, even if you cross that trigger, nothing will happen (and you will lose secret percentage). This is the reaons, why the "triggers doesn't work"....they work, but the enemies picked them up.

- Do NOT put any MCS MK3 on level 10 or level 24, or the game will crash with the "joker error" message (PM25).

- Do NOT put any exploding barrels on the first secret level, or the game will crash with the joker error.

- Flickering blue ceiling lights does NOT count as static objects, they count as actors!!! You can trick the engine with them, but then you'll need to delete some enemies.

- The "Sudden Death Syndrome" happens if too many enemies are on the same floor type, and they get alerted. You can avoid it by usin' the "deaf guard" floor.

- Flickering blue ceiling lights can block pushwalls.

- Do NOT put any Superclones on level 24, or the game will freeze.

- You can't change the starts for the secret levels. If a secret level can only be reached via level 23, then you can ONLY put the hidden exit there.

- Suicide Drones, and Otto Von Thugg can not use the teleporting artifakt. I'm not sure about the other four bosses.

- Ultradrones will display wrong graphics, if they step on a tripmine and respawn afterwards.

- Automatic doors don't work on enemies.

- You can actually cheat with the points on the "123 you're dead" level. Just stay alive for 2:59, save your game, and reload it. The timer will be reset, your points won't Smile

- If a rocket hits a pushwall, it can not be pushed into that direction anymore.

LEVEL LIGHTING:
===========

AReyeP "generously" wrote that we should experiment with various wall tiles on the highest line to find out, what level colours we get. Many have tried, and many have failed - and no one know, why...

I tell you the "secret"...

If you view a level map, you will see the level data on the highest line. The first four fields are for the floor and ceiling textures, ye? And the last four fields are the walltile combination, which gives you the level colour. And between these, there are the "redundant" fields...at least AReyeP told that these are "redundant".

You know what? They are NOT.

These "redundant" coordinates are from 3,0 and 12,0. They have two roles. First, they control whether or not the game should create indoor/outdoor area upon teleporting - copy these from existing levels, as messing around them will crash your game (yeah...the joker error). And these "redundant" stuff also controls the "color palette" for each level lighting.

In other words, if a combination gives you yellow fog in level 2, it will not give the same lighting effect in level 23, because those "redundant" bytes are different. There are, however, some wall tiles, which will always have the same function in level lighting, as well as some walltiles which will never change, no matter what you put in the "redundant" area.

For better understanding, let's focus the 12,0-15,0 coordinates - this is where you put walltiles and stuff, and it'll effect the level lighting. This consists four squares.

If you put in "Invalid" on all four squares, the lighting will be quite dark.

The "Stone1 flag" on the first square works as an enhancer. So if the combination is "Stone1-flag - invalid - invalid - invalid", then it'll be a friggin' dark level.

Three "Hellwall" walls on the last 3 squares will create extremely thick white fog. If you put a "Stone1 flag" before them, it'll be even more brighter white fog.

"Invalid - Exit level - Shelf/End EW - Invalid" gives you bright yellow lighting on the level.

However, if you use too "high" wall tile in the first of the four squares, no lighting will be applied at all.

Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 55
blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:06 pm

I'm impressed by your attention to detail and dedication to plowing through, and figuring out all the quirks. Smile

PM25, the joker error. I remember getting that one too before.

Reactor wrote:
- If you use other than WL6, the game will crash with PM11 error message.

This is just a text string, and can easily be changed to something else in the exe. A lot of pre-2000 exes did this.
Ipank7000
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

Topics: 16
indonesia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:08 pm

Reactor wrote:
- If a rocket hits a pushwall, it can not be pushed into that direction anymore.

And i think if a rocket hits the side of the door when the door was opened, the door can not close.

<B>Moderator</B>

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:42 pm

Ipank7000 wrote:
Reactor wrote:

And i think if a rocket hits the side of the door when the door was opened, the door can not close.
Ugh ... that's the "NONMARK" flag, blocking the door from being closed. Without this mark, the door will still close even if there's a dead body in the way, making the door "jammed" (a bug that WolfDX still has, unfortunately). The trick is to have the rocket actor "removed" without changing the map structure in the process (which the code usually does automatically). I found this out by pure accident when playing my WIP mod, which uses the Bleeding Enemies feature. The "blood" was keeping the doors open, even after the blood had sunk into the floor and disappeared. Still testing the feature at this point. Neutral

Edit: It appears that when you change the flag from "NONMARK" to "NEVERMARK", it solves all these problems.
Reactor
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

hungary.gif

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:36 pm

Well, the "door stays open after rocket attack" is not really a serious bug, in fact, it can be extremely useful as well. The PM25 Joker error is much more disturbing...

There is also some problems with the Clones and the boss enemies. You must be ready for these at enemy placement.

- Quite often, the Clone sitting on the toilet malfunctions - it will hear you from the other side of the level, regardless the floor code (deaf guard floor does not work either), and some other times, the Clone will remain completely dormant, when you open the door, and it is sitting on the toilet.

- Cybertroopers have serious hearing problems. They will ONLY get alerted, if they see you - even the Invalid floorcode fails to work (I had to redesign the entire Necropolis because of this). However, if you diagonally get near them (the next square), they will get alerted even through the wall!

- Superclones and Ultraclones CAN consume edibles (tasty steak dinner, medikit etc.), even if they are not wounded.

- Ultraclones can get alerted very easily. Deaf guard floor does NOT work on them, it is a very frequent happening that an Ultraclone will surprise you from nowhere.

Reactor
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

hungary.gif

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:56 pm

A few more of my findings, mostly regarding to static objects.

- Do not use directional sprites RIGHT where doors are - they will look fugly, and will constantly disappear and re-appear as you move.

- Pushwalls can slide through fire.

- Triggers will make the door develop strange characteristics. If you place a trigger (NOT a targeter) onto a door, you can walk through it without opening, and so do you enemies. I'm not sure this works with walls (e. g. putting a trigger inside a wall portion will make it passable), but it certainly does at doors, so you should not be putting any triggers right between the door frames, just like you shouldn't try this with directional sprites.

- Traps and collectibles, however, DO work between door frames. I made several boobytrapped doors with Artefacts of Death and tripmines. Working fine, no problemz. If you want an opened door on your map, all you need to do is put a tripmine between the frames, and tell an enemy to move that direction. The enemy will open the door, get killed by the tripmine, and the door will remain forever opened. This also works with Artefact of Death.

Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:21 pm

Reactor wrote:
- Pushwalls can slide through fire.
That actually makes a lot of sense to me, as the fireballs never barred anyone's way in the game. Anything and everything was always able to move right through the fireballs.
Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 55
blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:51 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Reactor wrote:
As you can see, the arrangement of the songs is very irregular in the game. It's also notable that some levels has exactly the same song, which cannot be changed, so it's wise to take this into account when designing level 24. It will have the same song as level 18 had.

This can be changed. They're stored as a list of chunk numbers in the exe. Like if Level 1 uses song 3 (in the enum order in audiosod.h), Level 2 uses song 21, and Level 3 uses song 14, you could just search for the string 3-21-14 in the exe... and that will be the start of the song data area. Then it's just a matter of changing those numbers and re-saving the exe.
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> AReyeP & MCS Games Support View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: