DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Please upload The Lost Episodes Manuals
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Spear of Destiny View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
stathmk
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 71
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:40 pm
   Subject: Please upload The Lost Episodes Manuals
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I started Wolfensteingoodies.com a while ago to host files larger than 3 megabytes, post videos, code, fan art, WolfenDoom mods, and more goodies. Iíve havenít been able to post every day because of personal reasons.

Iíve been procrastinating asking for somebody to send me The Spear of Destiny manuals for episodes 2 and 3. I donít have The Spear of Destiny Super CD pack. Somebody just emailed me yesterday asking if I have the Spear of Destiny Lost Episodes manuals. I bet that replacementdocs.com would like them too. I have been unable to find the manuals on pages like Ebay, Amazon, or Barnes and Noble for less than $50.

Please scan at 150 dots per inch the pages of the manuals. Then read http://www.replacementdocs.com/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.1 to make them into pdf files using a pdf maker. Or you can email the scans to me with names like episode2_frontcover.jpg , episode2_insidefrontcover.jpg , or episode2_page01.jpg as long as I can put them in the order. Yahoo email accepts attachments of up to 25 megabytes. My email is on the Wolfensteingoodies.com home page if you want to help me and Iíll try what I can to make pdf files because I have Acrobat from college. I'll thank you on Wolfensteingoodies for helping.
Zombie_Plan
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 101
australia.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:33 pm
   Subject: Re: Please upload The Lost Episodes Manuals
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I would if I had them.

Welcome to 2016, where DHW still thinks it is okay to ban the world's most popular email service provider, and I can't have an avatar over 10kb
vermil
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

Topics: 17

uk.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:26 am

I have the hint manuals around here somehwhere.

Where as the Wolf3D and SOD hint books are proper glossy books, the SODMP hint books are just a bunch of pieces of paper stapled together.
stathmk
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:42 pm

On The American Ebay, The Spear of Destiny Super CD, 3 manuals, hint book, and box art are for sale for at least $29.99 plus $8 shipping:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wolfenstein-Spear-Destiny-PC-Super-CD-BoxedComplete-/230628280848?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b2844a10

I would be saving more than $10 if I bought it now. Can you please tell me before the auction ends tomorrow if you have these items? Would you want to scan them all and email them to me or would you rather work out a deal where I can mail you $38.99 or less for you to mail them to me? I also want to scan the box art and CD art.

Iíve heard that with the Super CD that you have a screen where you can select one of the 3 episodes. I suppose that somebody could learn that coding if they want to make a 63-level mod.
Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 55
blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:23 pm

stathmk wrote:
Iíve heard that with the Super CD that you have a screen where you can select one of the 3 episodes. I suppose that somebody could learn that coding if they want to make a 63-level mod.

The Episode Select screen is an external exe with a blue DOS-like menu. It doesn't change anything about the SPEAR.EXE file, so there is still only 21 levels programmed... it just switches the SOD extension between SD1, SD2, or SD3 (for the gamemaps, maphead, and vswap) before it runs the game. A simple batch file could probably accomplish the same purpose... I guess.

Each manual is 40 pages, and unlike the regular Spear Hint Book, they have a "Time to beat" for each level too.

I would suggest buying it, since you seem interested in it for at least 3 reasons.

Hope that helps.
Hellblazer
Don't Hurt Me
Don't Hurt Me

Topics: 8
netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:07 am

Can the lost episodes be distributed (or still considered ilegal)? because im a little broke and i would like to play the lost episodes.
stathmk
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:15 am

Hellblazer wrote:
Can the lost episodes be distributed (or still considered ilegal)? because im a little broke and i would like to play the lost episodes.
You can get a download of all 3 Spear episodes here for $4.99: http://store.steampowered.com/app/9000/

You can download all 3 Spear Episodes, all 6 Wolf 3D episodes, and Return To Castle Wolfenstein here for $14.99: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/418/

Or if you want to bundle a lot of games, thereís the ID Super pack for $69.99: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/440/ (It doesnít include Strife and Hacx for some reason. You can get Hacx here for free: http://www.wolfensteingoodies.com/archives/olddoom/replwads.htm )

Thereís ID Anthology on Ebay with The Spear of Destiny episodes, but itís expensive.

I donít know of any other place besides Ebay to get the 3 episodes of The Spear of Destiny legally. You get to also go to Ebay to buy 1 boxed Spear episode at a time.

I should contact John Romero or somebody from ID Software soon to see if I have permission to scan the manuals and hint books to put them online.
stathmk
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:23 pm
   Subject: I want to post the hint books this February.

stathmk wrote:
...I should contact John Romero or somebody from ID Software soon to see if I have permission to scan the manuals and hint books to put them online.
I had forgotten to mention that last year I had gotten permission from John Romero to post the hint books. I want to post the hint books on wolfensteingoodies.com this February.

If you haven't heard, Brian has a hand problem and The Dome updates are suspended. Send your mods to me in the meantime. My email is at the bottom of the wolfensteingoodies.com home page. I'm not yet working as many hours as I want and I have time to update my web page.
stathmk
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:47 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I uploaded The Spear of Destiny Super CD Hint Manuals in Microsoft Word at http://www.wolfensteingoodies.com/wolfensteingoodies/docs.htm#SODSuperCD . The PDF version is just going to have to come another month.
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Spear of Destiny View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: