DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Need purist opinion on ECWolf change
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Beta Breakers View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
Blzut3
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 3

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:01 pm
   Subject: Need purist opinion on ECWolf change
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Bottom of Posts

Somewhat recently I discovered a mathematical issue in ECWolf that may have a fairly strong influence on the game play of Wolf3D. It turns out the change was unrelated to the report I got which had a bigger impact on a related area. (Vague description here intentional.) Since the reporting user saw no noticeable change I would like to see if anyone here can notice it.

What I need is for people to run the two builds in this 7z archive and let me know if you notice a significant difference between the two and if so which one feels closer to vanilla. Just be sure to start a clean game between versions since the difference will travel through save files (but not perfectly).

The hint I will give you is that the change mainly pertains to monster AI at long distances (approximately 6 tiles or more). Those who follow the change log/bug tracker can probably figure the change from there, but I'm trying to keep this as blind as possible. Wink

Mac or Linux builds available on request.
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Beta Breakers View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: