DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

wolfenstein nightmares
Page 2 of 2 Goto page Previous  1, 2
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Polling Booth View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic

Nightmares
i have of had nightmers of wolfenstein
52%
 52%  [ 20 ]
i have nightmers of other game but not wolfenstein
47%
 47%  [ 18 ]
Voted : 33
Total Votes : 38

Thomas
Mapping Master
Mapping Master

Topics: 164

denmark.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:04 pm
   Subject: Re: wolfenstein nightmares
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Last edited by Thomas on Thu May 26, 2011 4:38 am; edited 1 time in total
monkapotomus
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

Topics: 15

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:20 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I havent had any dreams or nightmeres about the old wolfenstein, but i ahvent really played it hardcore i was always into doom....but last year i bought return to castle wolfenstein tides of war and i played it form like 8at night till 2 in the morning so i had it in my head when i went to bed and i ended up having a dream about being in the game and killing the zombies and nazis and stuff and then *weird aprt* some chik that i kinda liked just like came out of nowhere while i was in a room eating and reloading my shoot gun and like started kissing me and stuff *then i woke up*

in 2nd grade i ahd another dream that a guy and i were playing doom 2 and we decided to paly nightmere so we were playing it and we were on like some weird level it was a mix between doom and heretic...we ended up getting killed then my computer turned into a portal to hell and we had to play the level for REAL i dont know exactly what happened because i got scared pretty badly by it and woke up i imagine we ended up dieing though.

www.dudleyrd.co.uk/~monk

How many times will you steal my car stero??It dont even work you feel like a bitch dont ya?
insurrectionman
DieHard Mutant
DieHard Mutant

Topics: 87
usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:59 pm

Several years ago i had a nightmare and I looked to be in a factory with machinery in rows like at a store. In the middle row at the end was a room with blue stone wall and i opened the door to find a boss who, if you got to close, stuck dynamite on your head and you blew up. That happened to me and then i appeared in my house and went to our dinner table and there was the Esc key on the edge. Too bad it didn't work, the dream repeated and i lost my last life and then i woke up. Now I think about creating this boss, but it was too long ago and i don't quite remember what he looked like.

New Site: http://www.treesapthief.com
Twitter: @treesapthief
monkapotomus
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

Topics: 15

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:58 pm

some people were talking about feeling pain and not feeling pain*not to get off subject too much* but the reason you feel pain when you dream is like cuz you actually feel pain while your asleep so your sub concious mind makes up for it in dreams...for instance i had a dream once i go thsot in my leg when i woke up i ahd a terrible pain in me leg*it fell asleep on me*

Its teh same for sounds too your subconcious jsut has to do somethign with all the information absorbed by your brain....otehrwise sleeping would be very difficult

www.dudleyrd.co.uk/~monk

How many times will you steal my car stero??It dont even work you feel like a bitch dont ya?
Born4battle
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 37
usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:59 pm

I was in Level 21 of Spear Ressurection, the underworld, and I came upon a thin hallway, where i pushed a part of the wall, close to the bottom, and it moved back, and led to outside. Very hard to remember. Another one I had was also me pushing a wall in Spear Ressurection, and I pushed a wall and it led to a tunnel towords a secret castle, where there was a boss on the top floor, the layout looked a little like this...

[____________________]X[]x[]x[]x[]x[]x[]x[]x[]x[]x[]x[]x[]x[]x[]x[]x[]x[___________________]

@

[____________________] [_____________________]\\

ME

ME = me
[_] = wall
@ = boss
x = column

The boss was huge like death knight, but had armor with segmented spike comming out, it also was a similar blue to the doors of Wolf3d, but more of a white shade, like blue tinted steel. It also had the macintosh music playing, the most serious sounding song, dont remember what its called, but i think its in 2-2 in macwolf second encounter.

EDIT: it came out wrong, just paste it into a post reply thing to see what it really looked like, and sorry for taking up space.

Can I Play Daddy

Topics: 20
usa.gif

Warnings : 1
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:26 pm
   Subject: wolfenstein nightmares

Quote:
I Am So Obsessed With Wofenstein That...
-------------------------------------------------
Some signs of being obsessed with wolfenstein are:
- You make wolfenstein levels during school
- All your stories have pictures of those Wolfenstein Guys (BJ, Guard,
Dr. Schabbs, Sailor Dude)
- YOU DREAM ABOUT BEING IN WOLFENSTEIN
- Your name is CHRIS CHOKAN

YOU DREAM ABOUT BEING IN WOLFENSTEIN << thats me
i dream about it as if its real life and the gfx are real life quality too and its my map.

i actually am sometimes too scared because i play doom 3 to go to sleep or move or makle any noise at all while typing (its soooo scary)
doom 3 is so scary

and shouldnt there be a whole forum for dreams and phykadelic stuff or is that general chat
Fragstein3D
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:24 am

WHAT THE HELL? Fragstein3D who is Kyle RTCW talking about?

anyway Chokan has allot of Odd dreams including wolf 3D

i don't have nightmare's and i don't recall any dreams with wolf3D but i have had when i was younger, Doom based dreams, Oddworld games, Quake Games.
and even Starship troopers game and movie.
my nightmares are usually very pleasant even if it involves horror its pleasant,
i mean i once had a dream in 2002 where i was in a house at the time, and there was a Xenomorph (Creature from the 4 Alien Movies with sigourney weaver)
that i think came out of a sewer manhole and went off into the night, it didn't seem to have any interest in me, i found a shotgun and was locked and loaded, but when i got away, i went to the nearest phone booth to alert authorities about it. didn't get any further than that afterwards, i think i woke up at that point.
funny thing is the sequal to the 2004 AVP movies was allot like that Dream in many ways! Hahah!
Cyanosis
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 34
usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:01 am

Pardon the thread necromancy but reading that someone else's name in here was Cyanosis is just freaky, I can assure you I've never been here before!

On the subject, I had a dream a while back that I was playing Wolf3D on Twitch.tv giving commentary and answering to questions from people in the room, the original graphics and sounds were used but the map I was on wasn't familiar, it also had modern controls (side stepping) and smooth graphics filtering. Not much else happened but I remember opening a bunch of doors and running through previously cleared areas.

I've had more dreams about other games, most of them pretty surreal or just impossible.
Thomas
Mapping Master
Mapping Master

denmark.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:23 am

Pardoning for thread necromancy is only feasible IMO when you post comments no longer than 5 words or completely unrelated stuff. This is fine... Interesting topic too...

I am not too sure whether or not I ever had any nightmares as such about Wolf, as it's a cozy, familiar thing to me - I know you're running around killing people, there's mutants, there's ghosts and the entire Spear of Destiny scheme is quite gory as well, but each time Wolf appears in my sleep is usually in the twilight of your day, those savored five minutes before you finally doze off... Usually, maps I've played in the past appear in larger size interspersed with ideas and completely unrelated things - for example, a large sports center I stayed at for a week in 6th grade appeared in a truncated version of Schabbs 2000 level 29 coupled with the original Wolf E5L8 - but that's not a nightmare! It's exciting. For me, anyway.

The music is a mixture of progressive rock which I listen to more often than enough (lol), the original Wolf music, music from The Golden Episodes which has made a lasting impression on me... Stuff that easily translated into "bit" noises, into old school video game music - Wolf style. Not the whole Mario-jumping-around-stuff - I never played that. I have no bond with "that" kind of old school video game music.

This is why stuff like ATAW level 69 and various weird levels out there appeal to me as well... I am sure I am not the only one mixing up levels I've played, garnished with ideas and thoughts about maps that have not yet been made. In today's coding I am sure that episodes with small, sharp-short-shock & awe maps like Episodes 3 & 5 could be squeezed into 1 single map each. That would be awesome. Never mind the secret level BS - just bring the action of the solid 9 levels.

I never noticed the other Cyanosis! A lot of people came and went between 2004 and 2006. But nevertheless intriguing... I remember a user joined named Acid Gear and I went, "that's the coolest nick ever... Should've picked that instead of Possum Trot".

EDIT: Oh my! There were never any other user named Cyanosis. What you just saw was the usage of the "you" code, something people loved doing in 2004, and it made some people crazy, and if you did not understand the meaningless purpose of the you code you became an immediate laughing stock. Why does that shit exist anyway? lol.

You insert it and it displays the name of the user who is browsing;

Anonymous is reading this topic.

I have been having these dreams on and off (rarely the past 5 years though) since I was 8 years old. Level 69 was a godsend. I sincerely hope it's not the last time I see a collage of the original levels.
gerolf
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 162
usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:39 pm

I had a dream about Wolfenstein before, but the game didn't look like itself. It looked like a real POW camp and the guards were realistic looking but they had the same voices from Wolf 3d (which is crazy because the guards would say Achtung, Halt, etc. and still sound like the PC guard), and I was trying to escape only to be met with an MP40 barrel to the face, and holding it was an SS Guard and I woke up. It felt like Rambo 2 when he escapes the camp but with a WW2 setting instead.

I also remember when I was really young I had a dream about Duke Nukem, and he took his sunglasses off, and as a young child who never played DN 1 or 2, I had always wondered what his eyes would look like. In the dream he had one blue eye and one green eye and he said to me "Only you get to see this, kid." and I woke up and nearly shat my pants. I was about 3 or 4 when I had this dream.

denmark.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:51 pm

gerolf wrote:
I also remember when I was really young I had a dream about Duke Nukem, and he took his sunglasses off, and as a young child who never played DN 1 or 2, I had always wondered what his eyes would look like. In the dream he had one blue eye and one green eye and he said to me "Only you get to see this, kid." and I woke up and nearly shat my pants. I was about 3 or 4 when I had this dream.

You're kidding me! I had a similar dream where BJ's shock face from Spear kept getting bigger, his eyes bulging even more, eventually breaking out of the status bar. Luckily I woke up after that. I was about 15 or 16 when I had this dream. lol

I know some people freak out when Doomguy makes his shock face... Apparently he does it only rarely. I think BJ does it often times enough in Spear, and I even use it in my own mods. I love varieties. I also like the sideways BJ faces you made once, gerolf, something with the Jaguar version or whatever.
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 167
usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:26 pm

Assuming I haven't posted about this already, I had a dream well over a year ago where I was playing this not-so-great mod ... one that was awfully repetitious in its design. It was seriously lacking in detail, and the wall textures had about half the colors of Episode One ... if not, less. The only parts of these maps I actually enjoyed were all the same sequence, and they appeared in the mod at least three times. I later created that sequence in ChaosEdit and played through it, but something about it just didn't gel with the rest of the map. I guess the design is just too sparse for the kind of maps I create. I don't even remember the design 100% anymore, but I'm almost positive it was shaped like a "blocky" asterisk, and I clearly remember that there were doors in all four directions. By the time that dream came about, I'd already done variations of that design, but the designs were more decorated and refined.
Lozer_42
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 49
usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:15 pm

I had several dreams about Wolfenstein when I was younger. Most were of just playing the game, but I did in fact have a recurring nightmare 15-or-so years ago. This a little weird so bare with me on this.

I would be walking around through a dark room, and would be grabbed by two shrouded men, who would throw me into a bag and roll me up in giant roll of carpet. I would be trapped in this. Sometimes I would just wake from that, but if I didn't eventually the carpet would be unrolled and I would find myself in a dark wolfenstein-like maze. There would be a purple ceiling and a brown wall that was textured like Grape-Nuts (yes, that Post brand cereal). Running around lost and terrified, I would eventually find myself rounding a corner and finding the elevator. But when I opened it: GUTTEN TAG!! Hans would be there and he would immediately shred me with his duel chain guns. Sometimes I would be able to flee, but he would still down me before I got too far.

After I was slain I would find myself yet again rolled up in the tube of carpet, but this time I would be shot out of it like a canon and go flying off into a rainbow...

...yeah... Strange how I remember it still. I'm not enturely sure what about it was so scary. The terror, adrenaline, being chased, and lost. Something about it all just scared me shitless when I was a kid.

DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 162
usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:52 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

It's amazing how many of us have had dreams about Wolfenstein, Doom, Duke, etc..

I've had other dreams but it was more like I was playing the game, not actually in it. It was Beyond the Grave (a game ThunderEnema and I have been working on for the past few years), but the engine looked a lot more advanced (like Elder Scrolls Arena/Shadow Caster), and I was shocked by what I saw.

I've had a dream like that about Wolf where I got around one of the columns that showed an outdoor texture and I saw a bunch of animated trees and stuff that looked like Adrian Carmack art, and then suddenly I could see a horde of Wolf 3d attack dogs coming after me, and I ended up on a hill, and it was snowing. It all looked like it could really be in the game too.

Page 2 of 2 Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: