DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Should we do a traditional type, DHW SDL like project?
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Polling Booth View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic

Would you be interested to participation in a DHW SDL style community set?
Yes let's get this show on the road!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yes but only if MotM is discontinued
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Yes if/when I have enough time
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
I might contribute
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
I don't think I'll contribute anything
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Definitely not interested
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Voted : 6
Total Votes : 6

MrWolfForever
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 163

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:50 pm
   Subject: Should we do a traditional type, DHW SDL like project?
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

With the end of September approaching, the latest Map of the Month should be out within a day or two. As participation has been a bit slow, we have had six months and not really that many months worth of work to show for it. That being said, I will state now that I am NOT saying we should just ditch the MotM. Quality and creative work can came out of it, even if releases are infrequent. But perhaps the better prospect would be to also attempt a more traditional community set as well - it could be concurrently - as I really think it's time to at least test the waters for how much attention this type of project will garner. It can be a project for Wolf3D, Spear, or any mod that has open editing files, and I'd envision it constructed in a similar way to past DHW SDL sets - but definitely without any specific time limit. I think it would be best to start with an aim for about 20 maps, let any author claim up to four/five or so (that way we can get 4-5 authors at least), and see where it goes from there. If it gets more participation then the numbers of maps, perhaps also the contributions limit, could be increased. And as eluded to before, no specific release schedule, a 'when it's done' type of thing at least until progress clearly supports setting a time to wrap things up. That should give authors the time they need. Smile

I could help if desired by receiving the maps, assuming they are in standard GAMEMAPS/MAPHEAD files and readable by ChaosEdit, but I'll probably need someone else to volunteer for the rest.

Anyways I left a poll up to see what the interest level is, so feel free to vote, and hopefully if it's high enough we'll get this show on the road Smile
AlumiuN
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 36
newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:01 am
   Subject: Re: Should we do a traditional type, DHW SDL like project?
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I'm definitely interested, and providing I'm able to motivate myself to do so could do coding as necessary for the project Smile
ronwolf1705
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 69

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:20 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I think it might be wise to decide WHAT we want to do with it - we have done mapsets for Wolf3D and SoD, so what next? The Lost Episodes? Spear: Resurrection? A new DHW TC?
fraggeur
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

Topics: 11

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:58 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I might contribute - but indeed it depends what it is, mapping unfamiliar code features is not handy plus I miss already time to work on my own projects. But interested by the idea.
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Polling Booth View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: