DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Wolfenstein 3D - another version of game or mod?
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Other Wolf3d Based Games View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
mayo1992

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:20 pm
   Subject: Wolfenstein 3D - another version of game or mod?
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Hi, I joined here because I need to help with delicate problem for me. Back in 1999 i was 6 years old kid and my brother brought home 386 PC with 210MB harddrive and load of games.
Among the games there was Wolfenstein 3D of course. I was playing it all the time back then. Some time ago I got an idea to play it again and finish it. Problem is wolfenstein 3d which was on my brothers HDD wasnt quite wolfenstein 3d original. It wasnt spear of destiny, i remember red menu screen. But when i compare it to WOLF 3D original levels simply dont fit. In original you start at some sort of jail with deep blue brick walls. In my brothers old version: First level I started in small maze like corridors with light blue metal walls. There was submachine gun nearby, not chaingun. Level 2 or level 3 was like with orange walls, and there were dogs + brown soldiers around, Fourth level was long level, it countained corridor with zigzag like pathway it was kinda straightforward to the end and there were hitler ghosts firing fireballs. Fifth or Six level has pink walls and was full of green-grey zombies with pistols. 7th level was a boss level with blue blonde guy with chaingungs i think. Sorry i cannot remember more, but i have feeling whole 6 episodes were just different than original. Could you resolve from that chaotic description what kind of wolfenstein 3d game or mod it is ? thank you very much
Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 55
blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:14 pm
   Subject: Re: Wolfenstein 3D - another version of game or mod?
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Hi! Your descriptions for level 4 and 7 reminds me of a mapset called WFEN60.ZIP. I was playing that recently and there are some amusing things to note: the last few spiral hallways in the red room in E4L6 are inaccessible, and half the level in E3L7 is inaccessible because the author used a jammed door instead of a regular door. Laughing Still it's a very creative 60-level compilation.

I could be wrong though. You can try looking through some wolf3d mapsets here for it also:

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~brlowe/reg.htm
mayo1992

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:02 am
   Subject: Wolfenstein 3D - another version of game or mod?

This is unbelievable!!! Thank you very much Chris. I was looking for this maybe 5 years and ive found nothing. Yours community site is amazing. I lost all hope i could find that version and BANG! you told me exactly what it was from mine foggy description. Seriously you rock man. I wonder how could that version get to our PC back in the day. I am from Slovakia, almost nobody had internet in those days. It had to get here manually on floppys from Germany. I wonder who the creator of that mod is. Is he still making maps? Finally I can finish the last lost game of my childhood. Thanks again
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 160
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:09 am

mayo1992 wrote:
I wonder how could that version get to our PC back in the day.
They could still be downloaded, but much more slowly, and not with the GUIs you see today.

As far as the United States is concerned, "internet connections" were done through a dial-up phone line and a modem that could be 1200 baud to 9600 baud. The way you went "online" was through a BBS. Everything you saw was completely on a text screen - no graphics whatsoever.

My father accessed BBSs with the Telix program.
Thomas
Mapping Master
Mapping Master

Topics: 186

denmark.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:36 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I suppose some low-budget CD-ROM's may have made their way to Slovakia, and that the Super Upgrades Pack (that the name?) which contains a lot of map sets (partitioned in folders a, b, c, etc.) - that must have been it. Here, I have encountered the full version of Wolf on CD-ROM's as well from the late 1990's.
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Other Wolf3d Based Games View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: