DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Super 3D Noah's Ark on Greenlight
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Other Wolf3d Based Games View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
Blzut3
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 3

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:05 am
   Subject: Super 3D Noah's Ark on Greenlight
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Just wanted to let everyone know that I've partnered with Piko Interactive to bring the recent Super 3D Noah's Ark re-release to Steam greenlight. If you have a Steam account, please vote for it and show GOG what they're missing:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=287164593

If it gets accepted I should be able to provide Steam keys to itch.io customers.
Zach
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

Topics: 30

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:38 pm
   Subject: Re: Super 3D Noah's Ark on Greenlight
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Voted.

But on a personal note, this game depresses the shit out of me. I imagine this is what a totally insane person is imagining when they're actually slaughtering people in a secret Nazi torture dungeon =/

But I guess even BJ has to cope somehow. =/
stathmk
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 71
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:28 pm

Watch this new video of the Super NES version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RXjyygEh_U At about 9:39, John (Gamester81) said that he believes that Mini Maze for The Atari ST was the first game to be a first person shooter. I thought that it was Battlezone for the arcade.
Ubermutant
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

Topics: 16
newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:59 pm

I really want this to be greenlit so I can buy and play it already
I cant help but think the majority of people who see it say "Ew, Religious" or "Ew, Old"

<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 69

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:32 am

Well, more like "Ew, it doesn't look that good". The floor/ceiling textures could have used a different color or two. It makes a big portion of the game look the same.
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 160
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:45 am

I'd say the biggest problem is that the graphics were clearly made for a different set of colors than the palette provided. You can especially see this in the wood-based textures. These sorts of colors - IMO - are more appropriate for sand and painted walls. And I actually like these colors a whole lot more than I used to.
Blzut3
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:18 pm

"Ew, religious" and "AVGN said it sucks" is by far the most common reasons. Followed up by a large margin with "the music is annoying." I actually haven't seen someone complain about the graphics until now besides joking about how brown it is (a la Quake). More texture variety probably would be welcome, but I suppose there's only so much they could have done with the theme of Noah's Ark.

I have to disagree with Tricob though. There are plenty of woods that are that shade of brown, and the palette does have darker browns available (and some wood textures use them). However, I think it was a stylistic choice to opt for brighter shades overall (kids games tend to be bright).
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:01 pm

Blzut3 wrote:
I have to disagree with Tricob though. There are plenty of woods that are that shade of brown, and the palette does have darker browns available (and some wood textures use them). However, I think it was a stylistic choice to opt for brighter shades overall (kids games tend to be bright).
I guess I worded my statement badly. I meant that it seems as though those textures were made for a different palette, and then - somewhere in mid-production - the palette was changed, but the graphics weren't updated to reflect the changes. Not all of the graphics suffered that fate of course, but it seems some of them did.
Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 55
blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:13 pm

Blzut3 wrote:
"Ew, religious" and "AVGN said it sucks" is by far the most common reasons. Followed up by a large margin with "the music is annoying." I actually haven't seen someone complain about the graphics until now besides joking about how brown it is (a la Quake). More texture variety probably would be welcome, but I suppose there's only so much they could have done with the theme of Noah's Ark.

I think you are biased / not being truthful because Noah's Ark helps promote your coding work and ECWolf.

I would take Blzut3's opinions with a grain of salt, and all others as genuine, unless we can find some positive comments or reviews by Blzut3 about Noah's Ark long before he got "involved" with this project and Piko Interactive Wink
Blzut3
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:12 am

Chris wrote:
not being truthful

Ouch! You can file through the Steam comments to verify what I said.

Chris wrote:
I would take Blzut3's opinions with a grain of salt, and all others as genuine, unless we can find some positive comments or reviews by Blzut3 about Noah's Ark long before he got "involved" with this project and Piko Interactive Wink

It's kind of hard for me to have an opinion of the game prior to my involvement with Wisdom Tree since they sent over a copy of the game. But I can assure you my initial review was well before the profit sharing deal was made. I do genuinely like the game better than Wolfenstein 3D.

But to list out some opinions from other people:
http://forums.duke4.net/topic/7450-super-3-d-noahs-ark/page__st__30__p__197848#entry197848
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/post/1271640 (A negative review in this thread as well)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHFWpoRCErs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Fi2bUkzgZ8 (Negative review, but from what I recall sums up basically to "It's Wolfenstein 3D and would rather play that." Which to me was unexpected from someone with a Wolfenstein 3D avatar, but it's a fair review nevertheless.)

I wish elbryan42's twitch streams were more permanent since I joined him to show off the S3DNA port and get feedback. He seems to pretty much share the same view of the game as I do. Which you can sort of see in his video description.

Also the threads linked in Ubermutant's thread seem to indicate positive reviews on this forum well before I started hacking on ECWolf.

That's about all I can find that's reviewing the game. Most of time people "review" the SNES version with a predisposed mindset of "lolz, isn't this teh suck. Look at these levels straight from Wolf3D." To be completely fair though, I usually don't watch the SNES videos all the way through, but that is the vibe that I get from them. In any case between those and the Steam comments proudly declaring their atheism is where I'm coming from. The number of negative comments I see actually "objectively" looking at the game is tiny in comparison (relatively few people have actually played the game). Those who have played it seem to more often than not enjoy the game, but as you say I could be biased in that respect. Smile
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:29 pm

I thought the DOS version was vastly superior to the SNES version ... from what little I played of it. I've never actually owned my own copy of the PC version. Sad
Blzut3
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 12:26 pm

The game just got greenlit! Thanks to everyone that voted.
Blzut3
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:05 pm

It's out now on Steam! http://store.steampowered.com/app/371180

If you're looking to pick up and copy, consider purchasing through itch.io if you can be bothered, you'll still get a Steam key and I'll get more of the money: http://wisdomtree.itch.io/s3dna
Adam Biser
Utility Developer
Utility Developer

Topics: 46
usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:57 pm

For anyone who uses Steam and wants a lot of classic games including Super 3-D Noah's Ark and the 3D Realms Anthology, you might want to grab the Bundle Stars Killer Bundle 6. A lot of great stuff in there for $4.99.

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/killer-bundle-6

EDIT:
Note: The 3D Realms Anthology will no longer be sold on Steam after Dec 31, 2015. So if you're interested, grab it now!

DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 71
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:23 am
   Subject: Bundlestars.com
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Adam Biser wrote:
For anyone who uses Steam and wants a lot of classic games including Super 3-D Noah's Ark and the 3D Realms Anthology, you might want to grab the Bundle Stars Killer Bundle 6. A lot of great stuff in there for $4.99.

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/killer-bundle-6

EDIT:
Note: The 3D Realms Anthology will no longer be sold on Steam after Dec 31, 2015. So if you're interested, grab it now!
Thanks. First I was wondering why it wasn't sending me a reset password email. Then I noticed that I was using my steampowered.com password. I might as well get a bundlestars password.

EDIT: I registered with bundlestars, I bought The Killer Bundle 6 package about 45 minutes ago, and everything should be fine.
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Other Wolf3d Based Games View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: