DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Annoying screeching sounds when music starts
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Audio Adventures View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
Barry
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 64

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:54 pm
   Subject: Annoying screeching sounds when music starts
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

It doesn't always happen, but I am starting to get more and more loud screeching sounds (as if the music chunk is corrupt) when songs begin in game. It doesn't always happen, and when the song loops back around, it always plays correctly. However, as my AUDIOT gets larger, this is becoming more and more of an issue. Does anybody have a remedy without moving to Advanced Sound Manager?
Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 55
blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:27 pm
   Subject: Re: Annoying screeching sounds when music starts
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I remember hearing this too in Windows 95, when it would read an IMF that was far down the AUDIOT list, on that longer 1.3MB one for instance that you preserved in Armageddon and The Road to Neuschwanstein. Laughing Your question is an interesting one.

edit: The sound I remember is that when it first loads the song, there's static as it's first seeking to ones closer to the end.
Barry
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 64

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:39 pm
   Subject: Re: Annoying screeching sounds when music starts
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Chris wrote:
I remember hearing this too in Windows 95, when it would read an IMF that was far down the AUDIOT list, on that longer 1.3MB one for instance that you preserved in Armageddon and The Road to Neuschwanstein. Laughing Your question is an interesting one.

edit: The sound I remember is that when it first loads the song, there's static as it's first seeking to ones closer to the end.

Good to hear it isn't just me. I thought it may have been an issue with WDC compiling my AUDIOT (it's messed up my GAMEMAPS several times which is why I now use HWE). The AUDIOT for PTH is up to a little over 1 MB. It definitely makes sense.

Gary sent me that file back in the day to use in Armageddon, and I re-used it again in TRTN. It's awesome that you were able to create that file long before the days of editors that made it as easy as WDC or ChaosEdit does today. I was actually unaware of the additional songs it contained until pretty recently, as back in the day I used it for the SoD music and didn't think about checking for other songs. In fact, in 1999 I am not sure how I would have being that you have to compile to define anything beyond chunk 27 as far as I know. There was no ChaosEdit, WDC, or even FloEdit back then. There was only MapEdit, WolfEdit (for graphics), and Hex Workshop.
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Audio Adventures View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: