Catacomb abyss demo
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

DieHard Wolfers -> Other Wolf3d Based Games

#1: Catacomb abyss demo Author: RingmanLocation: up my nose PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:09 am
    —
If anyone is interested in playing the catacomb games there is a shareware demo for the abyss online.

Edit: http://www.3dgamers.com/dl/games/catacombabyss/catabs13.zip.html

Last edited by Ringman on Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Catacomb abyss demo Author: Mikey XLocation: Vermont PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:12 am
    —
I played a little bit of the demo and it isn't bad at all. Smile

#3: Re: Catacomb abyss demo Author: RingmanLocation: up my nose PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:59 pm
    —
Apocalypse is the best, because its plot is that the character nemesis takes control of time and merges cybernetics with his fantasy monsters and makes for some cool scenarios. You fight flying robot mages and monsters that are holographs.

#4: Re: Catacomb abyss demo Author: Mikey XLocation: Vermont PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:44 pm
    —
I just beat the demo and I'd say it isn't half bad. The graphics aren't as good but other than that it is a pretty good game. Smile

#5: Re: Catacomb abyss demo Author: RingmanLocation: up my nose PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:49 am
    —
Just letting people know, even though this is labeled as "shareware demo" it is actually the entire first game in the catacomb trilogy. Don't worry, its legal because they were supposed to be released as a full set, but they weren't. ENJOY!

#6: Re: Catacomb abyss demo Author: Hair MachineLocation: editing my profile PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:06 am
    —
AAAAARGH!!
It crashed. Oh well, I guess I'll never play it.. Crying or Very sad

#7: Re: Catacomb abyss demo Author: Guest PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:52 am
    —
What do you mean it crashed? What happened? Its been tested with XP. Go to Start.exe and activate that, then press 6. It should work.

#8: Re: Catacomb abyss demo Author: Mikey XLocation: Vermont PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 3:39 pm
    —
How do you get the entire set of Catacombs 3d Question The demo was pretty good, I like the treasure boxes and that you can open them.

#9: Re: Catacomb abyss demo Author: thejosh PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:11 pm
    —
I stumbled onto a full catacomb 3d dl using a google search Laughing
It's pretty awesome, it's got a compass and chargable hand weapon, exploding walls, pretty cool, classic VGA graphics Mr Green

Feast your eyes on this 1337 ownage, the guy kinda looks like BJ Laughing

#10: Re: Catacomb abyss demo Author: MartinLocation: Wroclaw PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:48 am
    —
Hahaha indeed Very Happy

Haha.. I see your play ET and Soldat... Good, good. What's your nickname? Maybe I'll get you someday Wink.

#11: Re: Catacomb abyss demo Author: Mikey XLocation: Vermont PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 11:20 am
    —
I thought the exploding walls was a pretty cool effect and Catacombs was great for its time, at least in my opinion anyways. Very Happy

#12: Re: Catacomb abyss demo Author: Guest PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:53 pm
    —
Hair Machine wrote:
AAAAARGH!!
It crashed. Oh well, I guess I'll never play it.. Crying or Very sad

Same thing here, so i deleted it off. Evil or Very Mad

#13: Re: Catacomb abyss demo Author: MartinLocation: Wroclaw PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 2:26 am
    —
Try Dosbox. Idea

#14: Re: Catacomb abyss demo Author: Guest PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:16 pm
    —
thejosh wrote:
I stumbled onto a full catacomb 3d dl using a google search Laughing
It's pretty awesome, it's got a compass and chargable hand weapon, exploding walls, pretty cool, classic VGA graphics

GIVE ME THAT FULL VERSION THING!! ive been looking all over for it!!! Catacomb 3D was the first ever 3D game i played...and ive longed to play it again, as...alas...i lost the disk for it. Catacomb Abyss is a nice, too...but i want to play te Catacomb 3D full version again. also...ALL the Catacomb 3D games are EGA!!!! and the original 2D games which i played a little of are CGA/EGA. TELL ME NOW!!! Evil or Very Mad lol

#15: Re: Catacomb abyss demo Author: experiencedgamerLocation: CT PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:39 pm
    —
I don't think he'll give you the link right in front of the whole forum. We have rules here about that.

#16: Re: Catacomb abyss demo Author: ArielusLocation: Buenos Aires, Argentina PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:37 pm
    —
Please, no more requests of still-copyrighted games, people. Besides knowing it's not correct, we also know it is something forbidden in these forums, for they will not survive if those who still own the games' rights realise we're openly distributing their property here. You know the rules, guys; and Taker, if you didn't, now you do. Thank you all.

Ariel.

#17: Re: Catacomb abyss demo Author: FrenkelLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:14 am
    —
A list of all Catacomb games.

#18: Re: Catacomb abyss demo Author: Guest PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:14 pm
    —
I played Catacomb 3d and the Catacomb trilogy - and I liked the games a lot. They are quite simple or "minimalistic" compared to todays standarts, but they are a lot of fun. In my oppinion the second game of the trilogy (Catacomb Armageddon) is the best one. Nothing can beat the "cute" bunnies... Absolutely nothing. Wink

By the way: some people say HeXen was the first game to have HUBs and kind of non-linear gameplay resulting from it. They lie. Catacomb 3d (1991!) allready features a hub-level with several portals taking you to different levels. These levels all have a scroll lying around somewhere. The order in which you visit the levels is completely up to you.

A very good game for having "only one" weapon (which however can be used several ways if you find the items to do so!)

#19: Re: Catacomb abyss demo Author: RingmanLocation: up my nose PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:05 pm
    —
Catacomb apocalypse (my favorite) has a hub as well.

#20: Re: Catacomb abyss demo Author: JoeWolfLocation: Liverpool PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:20 pm
    —
Ringman the link is broken! I wanna play!

#21: Re: Catacomb abyss demo Author: Guest PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:38 pm
    —
@JoeWolf:

You should be able to get it here.

#22: Re: Catacomb abyss demo Author: JoeWolfLocation: Liverpool PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:40 am
    —
Thanks Vman!

DieHard Wolfers -> Other Wolf3d Based Games

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1