akimbo wepons, (duel wepons) or getting a gun to fire twice
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

DieHard Wolfers -> DieHard Archives

#1: akimbo wepons, (duel wepons) or getting a gun to fire twice Author: andy3012Location: England PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:44 pm
    —
Im not sure how this is done, but i need something along the lines of this for my duel pistols, to make them fire twice. like you hit control and it makes it goes bang bang. and fires twice. If not im not bothered if there is just a way to make the sound affect play twice when you shoot the pistol.

#2: Re: akimbo wepons, (duel wepons) or getting a gun to fire tw Author: jamezLocation: Yorkshire, UK PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:42 am
    —
Search in wl_agent.c for wp_pistol then in that part before break change the gamestate.ammo -- 1 to 2 and with the sound, you'll have to do that youself to get it to repeat in the sound file

Thats just off the top of my head tho...

#3: Re: akimbo wepons, (duel wepons) or getting a gun to fire tw Author: XarkonLocation: West Australia PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:10 am
    —
With the chaingun weapon, even if you tap the button quickly, it fires off three shots. That's it's minimum, if you find this code you can do what ever.

Joel Corrigan Smile

#4: Re: akimbo wepons, (duel wepons) or getting a gun to fire tw Author: jamezLocation: Yorkshire, UK PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:34 am
    —
Xarkon wrote:
With the chaingun weapon, even if you tap the button quickly, it fires off three shots. That's it's minimum, if you find this code you can do what ever.

Joel Corrigan Smile

I thought it was two shots... ?

#5: Re: akimbo wepons, (duel wepons) or getting a gun to fire tw Author: Sockdude PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:33 pm
    —
Quote:
I thought it was two shots... ?

He's right, you know. Embarassed

#6: Re: akimbo wepons, (duel wepons) or getting a gun to fire tw Author: jamezLocation: Yorkshire, UK PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:37 am
    —
However it can be changes such as in PV the double machinegun fires 4 shots (as its 2 of the guns that fire 2 shots) Laughing

#7: Re: akimbo wepons, (duel wepons) or getting a gun to fire tw Author: Guest PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:39 pm
    —
In my upcoming Spear TC "Orb of Ishkar" from my serries "Secrets of the Third Reich" I decided to have double P08 'Lugers' so heres how Im acheiving this affect:

Your attackinfo code is in WL_AGENT.C , here is what my pistols attackinfo looks like

::: CODE :::

{ {5,0,1},{7,1,3},{3,0,2},{7,1,4},{3,-1,1} },

You'll notice I've added another set of numbers thats fine though

Also here's the order I setup my animation frames for the pistols in the Vswap File:

Frame 1 is holding pistols, Frame 2 is rasing pistols to fire, Frame 3 is left pistol firing,
Frame 4 is right pistol firing, Frame 5 is pistols in raised posistion (same as frame 2)

As it is the pistols stop after each gun fires once so you have hit fire again.
You could adapt this to work slightly different however Im not sure how to get it so that it continues to fire without screwing up at the end Evil or Very Mad if you change the '-1' in the last set of numbers youll see what I mean

Also you might want check the weapon behavior tutorial on MCS' Coding Tips section of AReyeP & MCS' Wolfenstein page.

Hopefuly this will help you I'm not realy good at writting tutorials or anything like that.

DieHard Wolfers -> DieHard Archives

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1