dosbox problems
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

DieHard Wolfers -> AReyeP & MCS Games Support

#1: dosbox problems Author: Guest PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:11 pm
    —
hi i recently downloaded this game and im running it in dosbox cause for some reason no dos games would work on my windows xp( they used to run on it, and now all of a sudden dont work anymore, so i downloaded dosbox) anyways, the game is insanely choppy, and the sounds mess up everytime i put the cpu cycles up and the more i put it up the smoother the game gets but the slower i move and the sounds and music are choppier than ever. i cant find the right settings, it's making me mad. i need someone to help me out, thank u

#2: Re: dosbox problems Author: TheTalentedMrLeoLocation: Sometimes in Canada PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:25 pm
    —
Welcome to the world of DOSbox.

#3: Re: dosbox problems Author: Guest PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:43 pm
    —
so i guess there's nothing i can do then... that sucks

#4: Re: dosbox problems Author: ChrisLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:38 pm
    —
rybig wrote:
so i guess there's nothing i can do then... that sucks

I think EoD runs slower because it runs the shading tables, but I'd have to test the feature to be sure. You can make the actual game go a little faster by pressing Backspace-S and/or Backspace-T (or using the tags like "-notex"), though it'll still take around 30 seconds to load up the level. Have you tried using VDMSound?

#5: Re: dosbox problems Author: Guest PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:02 pm
    —
actually it doesnt really matter now, i tried it on my newer computer and it runs fine, except for hardly any sounds except for gun shots, doors opening, and gaurds shouting. music dont work and picking up stuff like food medikits etc. dont work though.

#6: Re: dosbox problems Author: TricobLocation: Neo-traditions, Inc. PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:07 pm
    —
rybig wrote:
i tried it on my newer computer and it runs fine, except for hardly any sounds except for gun shots, doors opening, and gaurds shouting. music dont work and picking up stuff like food medikits etc. dont work though.

This can be fixed by running it with VDM Sound. Just right-click the EXE file and select "Run with VDMS". That should do it.

#7: Re: dosbox problems Author: Adam BiserLocation: USA PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:40 am
    —
Of course, with VDMSound, you lose the stereo effect and distance voluming on sounds that DOSBox gives you. And it doesn't look like VDMSound will ever have that. Sad

#8: Re: dosbox problems Author: ReactorLocation: Hungary PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:13 pm
    —
If you want to run End of Destiny WITH DosBox WITHOUT any problems, y'got to open DOSBOX.CONF with Notepad, and search up the followin' lines:

core=auto
cycles=auto
cycleup=500
cycledown=500

Modify these values to these:

core=dynamic
cycles=max
cycleup=500
cycledown=500

These should be minor sound and music laggings still,but the game will run just fine.

#9: Re: dosbox problems Author: Lingyan203Location: Ottawa, Ontario PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:51 pm
    —
Hi, I also found another problem in the Editor's Version of EoD while running under DosBox. When you select weapon 5, the MCS Mk4. After switching to another weapon from the MCS Mk4 to another, the game freezes or DosBox crashes. Has anybody else have had this problem?

Update: It only happens with 0.73. However, in 0.74 it works fine.

DieHard Wolfers -> AReyeP & MCS Games Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1